Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Apr 4, 2019
12 posts
19 upvotes
Is $45 for 6GB and 500 minutes weekday minutes a good plan? It's with Fido and I saw it advertised at the mall. They are offering a $10 credit for 12 months so the $55 plan is $45 for 12 months.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11905 posts
1697 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
camper123 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 7:39 pm
Is $45 for 6GB and 500 minutes weekday minutes a good plan? It's with Fido and I saw it advertised at the mall. They are offering a $10 credit for 12 months so the $55 plan is $45 for 12 months.
Do they offer bonus GB's upon sign up?? Fido is known for that. I got my mom $41 for 7 GB's. $40 for 4GB plus 3 GB bonus (promo xmas), $1 discount LD plan (retentions).. After tax $46 and change.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11905 posts
1697 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
beer_baron3 wrote:
May 7th, 2019 11:44 am
Im on a premium plus tab - and my phone is paid off..spoke to rogers and they said the $44 monthly amount is a subsidy and not included in the price of the plan - I am not paying this..is this true? I have been reading a lot recently about rogers/bell/etc not reducing the price of the plan by the subsidy amount when the term ends..Does someone know where i can find the details of this?
I think robbers got rid of the off-market deals. Before it was like $20 bucks less on same plan. Now you have to renegotiate for a different lower priced plan. I wouldnt stay on a premium plus plan after paying off the fone. That's nuts. Ask for something cheaper. A step lower into premium plans. Robbers is ridding of all the goodies to stay afloat.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4632 posts
1499 upvotes
Toronto
There's a Winback $95/10GB (Premium Tab+) in place right now in their systems.

I had the Winback $85/10GB plan (Premium tab) from last year with 25% off. However, Upfront Edge only works on Premium Tab+/Ultra Tab.

In my case, the S10+ 512GB on Premium Tab would have been $900.

With the Premium Tab+ and Upfront Edge it was $560. The Upfront Edge lets you keep $160 in pocket until end of the term. The move to Premium+ Tab saves you $180, so 7.50 per month over the 2 years.

However, you should be paying $10 more a month, but with the 25% off tag from last year, its only $7.50, which is the same as the savings from the Premium+ tab.

Essentially, Rogers doesn't make squat off of you moving to Premium+ Tab, but you get to keep more money in your pocket today and slowly pay them back for the Premium+ tab over 24 months. To keep the S10+, you square up with them at the end with the Upfront Edge incentive of $160.

Plus the S10+ came with free Galaxy Buds this weekend ($200 value), so to me, it was worth moving to this upgrade this weekend.

All other incentives from bonus data, additional monthly fee credits were also not touched or removed during the upgrade in store.

Upfront Edge can only be processed instore.
Mar 23, 2006
396 posts
87 upvotes
Rogers is moving me from my corporate plan to this plan at the end of the month - $60 6gb loyalty wireless plan.

Does anyone know if this plan comes with Roam Like Home?
Oct 24, 2001
542 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
Rogers offered me a $65 8gb unlimited plan non-shareable plan.. Apparently the plan is brand new as of today. Wonder if they have new plans everyday?

My Iphone 7 balance with rogers is now $0 and I don't really need a new phone so I called in to see if they can match Koodoo's BYOD 8gb $65 unlimited plan ($55 for first year).
Decided to take it for now. Could save an extra $120 for the first year with Koodoo plus their plan comes with unlimited worldwide pic, text, video messing. But that means I gotta goto the mall, deal with salespeople etc. I've also never had a problem with Rogers reception/ data speed. Not too sure about Koodoo..
Oct 3, 2017
38 posts
7 upvotes
This available in Ontario?
rebel_rfd wrote:
May 11th, 2019 8:10 pm
There's a Winback $95/10GB (Premium Tab+) in place right now in their systems.

I had the Winback $85/10GB plan (Premium tab) from last year with 25% off. However, Upfront Edge only works on Premium Tab+/Ultra Tab.

In my case, the S10+ 512GB on Premium Tab would have been $900.

With the Premium Tab+ and Upfront Edge it was $560. The Upfront Edge lets you keep $160 in pocket until end of the term. The move to Premium+ Tab saves you $180, so 7.50 per month over the 2 years.

However, you should be paying $10 more a month, but with the 25% off tag from last year, its only $7.50, which is the same as the savings from the Premium+ tab.

Essentially, Rogers doesn't make squat off of you moving to Premium+ Tab, but you get to keep more money in your pocket today and slowly pay them back for the Premium+ tab over 24 months. To keep the S10+, you square up with them at the end with the Upfront Edge incentive of $160.

Plus the S10+ came with free Galaxy Buds this weekend ($200 value), so to me, it was worth moving to this upgrade this weekend.

All other incentives from bonus data, additional monthly fee credits were also not touched or removed during the upgrade in store.

Upfront Edge can only be processed instore.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4632 posts
1499 upvotes
Toronto
Jesster202 wrote:
May 14th, 2019 8:48 pm
This available in Ontario?
Yea, I have a 647 number and live in the GTA.
Dec 9, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
My tab with Rogers is going to finish next month. Currently on premium tab 4GB paying $100 per month... Called in to ask for a retention offer, the sales rep told me 4GB $65 per month, this is insane! Decided to switch to Virgin Mobile with 8GB $50 for the first year.
Aug 8, 2009
205 posts
177 upvotes
Rogers customer from 2008.

My contract expired - was on a Premium + 7 gig. The most I got from rogers was 25% discount on Premium Plus with a $75 dollar *back pocket* promotion.
=82.50 a month plus tax
S10 Plus or P30Pro $350 upfront cost

TELUS offered me : S10 Plus or P30pro for 0 Dollars, 10gigs for $95 plus tax or Pixel XL for $80 bucks

Are these crappy deals?
Aug 17, 2008
291 posts
15 upvotes
EPP Plan (Limited time offer?) in Alberta.

10GB
Iphone XR 256GB for $0.00

$80.50+tax / Month

Seems like a pretty good deal?
Latest RFD Purchases:Too many $ spent :(
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1899 posts
528 upvotes
rharasem wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 3:36 pm
EPP Plan (Limited time offer?) in Alberta.

10GB
Iphone XR 256GB for $0.00

$80.50+tax / Month

Seems like a pretty good deal?
that plans there check the Hot Deals thread
Mar 19, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
So after weeks of going back and forth I finally worked out a deal with Office of the President.

I was currently on no tab plan. $40 with no data unlimited calling and text plan. Now it is $40 for 5 GB data unlimited call and text still on no tab plan. I received a instant $200 credit and a $30 per month credit for 1-year.

Essentially my bill will be free for the next year and the advisor from Office of the President has advised me to contact them personally if I have any problems in the future.

This was a different situation and I will also post and Office of the President Forum section but you can get pretty good deals as I think the $40 for 5 GB is a pretty good plan.
Dec 27, 2006
138 posts
9 upvotes
Brampton
Are there any retention/loyalty BYOD plans for tablet data alone? Our voice lines are all loyalty plans (non-shared) so I cannot add on a tablet to them which leaves me with only the flex data plans which are terrible in comparison to what Fido/Virgin/Freedom etc., are offering. Was just wondering if anyone has been able to secure a standalone loyalty tablet data plan? If so, details please...

I have read back and searched this thread and found nothing specific to tablet plans. Any insight is appreciated!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)