Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Oct 31, 2013
77 posts
30 upvotes
Burlington
ManuelM064 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 1:00 am
For $80 minus 25% OFF I get 15 gigs of shared data and unlimited everything else.
How long is the 25% good for.
Feb 1, 2013
82 posts
134 upvotes
Ottawa
Vic00002 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 6:04 pm
How dd u get the $56 10gb plan its not an in market plan
Koodo is running a beta program so I'm told. But only in the Ottawa region since Videotron and Fizz is in the area offering there Quebec plans on the Ontraio side but only in Ottawa area. I've asked two locations so far if it's possible. The Best Buy and Walmart on Innes are able to do it but only on New Activations.

Bewarned - This is a Quebec Plan. Koodo will even see this as a Quebec Plan
Last edited by jgoedhard on Jun 17th, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1573 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
I cannot get Rogers to budge at ALL with their plans. I'm paying $85 for a premium tab 10 gig plan... I've spoken to retention, through chat and via facebook. Might be time to cancel and go to Telus.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11952 posts
1717 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
kookoo wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 3:11 pm
I cannot get Rogers to budge at ALL with their plans. I'm paying $85 for a premium tab 10 gig plan... I've spoken to retention, through chat and via facebook. Might be time to cancel and go to Telus.
Yup... I was looking at that plan as well... 15GB/$75. 20GB/$95. No throttling. Gonna call them for more info if and when robbers pisses me off. Telus response to Robbers Infinite plan.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Sep 2, 2013
106 posts
64 upvotes
Ontario
jgoedhard wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 2:57 pm
Koodo is running a beta program so I'm told. But only in the Ottawa region since Videotron and Fizz is in the area offering there Quebec plans on the Ontraio side but only in Ottawa area. I've asked two locations so far if it's possible. The Best Buy and Walmart on Innes are able to do it but only on New Activations.

Bewarned - This is a Quebec Plan. Koodo will even see this as a Quebec Plan
Are they only doing this in store?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1573 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 3:17 pm
Yup... I was looking at that plan as well... 15GB/$75. 20GB/$95. No throttling. Gonna call them for more info if and when robbers pisses me off. Telus response to Robbers Infinite plan.
Yeah, I got the "$95 is the best price we can give you for 10 gigs. But it's UNLIMITED basically." I don't know if it's just me but 3g data is basically like not having data. iMessages don't even send.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11952 posts
1717 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
kookoo wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 3:28 pm
Yeah, I got the "$95 is the best price we can give you for 10 gigs. But it's UNLIMITED basically." I don't know if it's just me but 3g data is basically like not having data. iMessages don't even send.
Then you shud switch to Telus. No throttling. Besides with BYOD you can switch anytime back to robbers during all their xmas promo's or anyone else. OR the idiots at robbers may give u a better deal from winbacks b4 that. If I were you - do it. Screw robbers. No 1 owes them any allegiance. They certainly dont to customers. Contacted Telus. Said the extra 5GB is good for 24 mos only. Then drops to 10GB. At that point you wud have received a winback offer or taken an xmas promo from either Telus, Robbers, or anyone else anyway. No loss on your part if you switch and if ur not planning an upgrade anytime soon.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3291 posts
1909 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
kookoo wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 3:28 pm
I call BS on this statement, you most definitely can use iMessages.

rogers-infinite-capped-256kbps-real-wor ... s-2291613/
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Aug 11, 2018
160 posts
160 upvotes
kookoo wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 6:33 pm
Dude, call BS on whatever the frig you want. I've gone onto 3g and basically felt like my phone was a brick for that time.
jesus are you really that naive. do you think your phone needs LTE to send kb's for a message? the answer is no.

i've been on PM since march and my iMessages go through instantly. so it's either your device or user error somehow. definitely not a network problem tho.
Sep 27, 2003
9557 posts
2283 upvotes
Newmarket
Bell has the same plans as TELUS and the extra 5GB doesn't expire. Just saying....
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1573 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
idontwantausername wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 6:52 pm
jesus are you really that naive. do you think your phone needs LTE to send kb's for a message? the answer is no.

i've been on PM since march and my iMessages go through instantly. so it's either your device or user error somehow. definitely not a network problem tho.
It's been an ongoing issue I've had with Rogers. Maybe it's my iPhone showing 3g when it's basically on EDGE. But you do seem like a giant douche so maybe instead of not wanting a username, you should not want to... be a giant douche.