Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Sep 13, 2012
634 posts
286 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
kookoo wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 11:52 pm
It's been an ongoing issue I've had with Rogers. Maybe it's my iPhone showing 3g when it's basically on EDGE. But you do seem like a giant douche so maybe instead of not wanting a username, you should not want to... be a giant douche.
For several months my wife’s iPhone 8 Plus would drop wifi unexpectedly. Turns out the “reset network settings” function was all it took to fix the issue. As a friend well versed in tech explained: sometimes there are just gremlins. Worth a shot to reset your cellular network connectivity and see if that helps. Good luck.
Sep 13, 2012
634 posts
286 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
aznnorth wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 3:33 pm
Then you shud switch to Telus. No throttling. Besides with BYOD you can switch anytime back to robbers during all their xmas promo's or anyone else. OR the idiots at robbers may give u a better deal from winbacks b4 that. If I were you - do it. Screw robbers. No 1 owes them any allegiance. They certainly dont to customers. Contacted Telus. Said the extra 5GB is good for 24 mos only. Then drops to 10GB. At that point you wud have received a winback offer or taken an xmas promo from either Telus, Robbers, or anyone else anyway. No loss on your part if you switch and if ur not planning an upgrade anytime soon.
Well said. It seems right now BYOD is the best position to be in as the carriers battle it out in this “the vast majority isn’t rushing to upgrade devices as quickly as they did in the past” landscape.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1573 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
100Pacer wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 8:12 am
For several months my wife’s iPhone 8 Plus would drop wifi unexpectedly. Turns out the “reset network settings” function was all it took to fix the issue. As a friend well versed in tech explained: sometimes there are just gremlins. Worth a shot to reset your cellular network connectivity and see if that helps. Good luck.
I appreciate the helpful response! I've given it a shot. Hopefully it goes well!
Jun 23, 2019
2 posts
Looking for a better deal for my cellular service. Currently on shared Tab
Premium and paying about $90/month for primary line and $85 for secondary
line. The contract is set to be up in November of this year.

We get 4GB of shared data per month.

Really looking for something better than this. Suggestions

We're in Ontario.
Apr 1, 2013
123 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Same thing happens to me. My guess is that whenever it drops down from LTE to 3G, it’s in a low coverage area and you’re not even getting a full 3G signal.
kookoo wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 3:28 pm
Yeah, I got the "$95 is the best price we can give you for 10 gigs. But it's UNLIMITED basically." I don't know if it's just me but 3g data is basically like not having data. iMessages don't even send.
Jul 19, 2016
157 posts
49 upvotes
Ontario
SenorDD wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 12:21 am
Same thing happens to me. My guess is that whenever it drops down from LTE to 3G, it’s in a low coverage area and you’re not even getting a full 3G signal.
Yup...... I notice that as well.
Even if the phone is left on the same spot it drops to 3G and is pretty damn useless!
Looking to check if Telus is any better. Will be jumping ships as soon as I find a good deal with them.
I'm in the Markham area....... use an iphone 6.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
1898 posts
401 upvotes
Montreal
My corp plan is ending in 5 days, I currently have:

87$ (-30% after for a total of 77$):
7Gb Share Everything
Unlimited Canada
Roam like Home

They offered me:
400$ for Samsung S10 512gb or
200$ for Samsung S128gb

-75$ off

and:

To keep my plan as it or lose my plan and discount and pay 115$/month for Rogers infinite 10Gb

And this is the best they can do for me.... Even asked for Retentions service which they say they are both customer service and retentions.

Telus is offering me:
62.30$
6+4Gb
Unlimited Canada

Samsung S10 512Gb 190$

200$ transfer credit for phone number to Telus

Guess there's a no brainer for me, I even mentioned this plan to Rogers.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
1854 posts
221 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!
Yragorn wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 1:48 pm
My corp plan is ending in 5 days, I currently have:

87$ (-30% after for a total of 77$):
7Gb Share Everything
Unlimited Canada
Roam like Home

They offered me:
400$ for Samsung S10 512gb or
200$ for Samsung S128gb

-75$ off

and:

To keep my plan as it or lose my plan and discount and pay 115$/month for Rogers infinite 10Gb

And this is the best they can do for me.... Even asked for Retentions service which they say they are both customer service and retentions.

Telus is offering me:
62.30$
6+4Gb
Unlimited Canada

Samsung S10 512Gb 190$

200$ transfer credit for phone number to Telus

Guess there's a no brainer for me, I even mentioned this plan to Rogers.
Was told the same by Rogers after 20 years. I spoke to a few reps and they all said if I upgrade my device, I will lose my discount or pay more there "equivalent" unlimited plan. Retentions won't do anything too.

No brainer to switch to Telus now.
Sep 30, 2005
679 posts
57 upvotes
I just called and I was offered with the 30% corporate discount:

Samsung S10 - $0 or S10+ - $150
10GB UltraTab - 30% = 115 - 30% (34.50) = 80.50/mth

20 year customer and had to push a little but after being put on hold a few times, they came back with the above. No corporate discount on BYOD, rep said it has to be UltraTab
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
1854 posts
221 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!
SupsD wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 7:12 pm
I just called and I was offered with the 30% corporate discount:

Samsung S10 - $0 or S10+ - $150
10GB UltraTab - 30% = 115 - 30% (34.50) = 80.50/mth

20 year customer and had to push a little but after being put on hold a few times, they came back with the above. No corporate discount on BYOD, rep said it has to be UltraTab
Not bad but that would be a $24.50 increase for me. I'm currently on a $56 8GB ($70 - 20% EPP).

You should check out Telus if your workplace has EPP with Telus.

I'm in Manitoba and got offered 12GB for $66 ($95 - 30%) platinum/ultra tab with free 512GB S10, $200 port credit, and a $50 instore gift card.

I'm sure Rogers will change their stance on EPP discounts and the current "unlimited" offerings in a few months but my contract is done now. Robbers can win me back later.
Apr 19, 2004
769 posts
175 upvotes
Earth
29 year customer. I have 4 cells, 2 cell phone plans promos ended yesterday. Called Retention's and was offered something worse that what is posted online. OMG,

Retentions service offerings this year is not what is was over the last 29 years.

Rogers stated I will also lose the 12% off on cell phones for bundling internet,HP, Cable if I change the cell plans. The only reason I still those services is BECAUSE of the 12% off.

Rogers you reading this? Because of this, your going to lose everything I subscribe to. Everything easy and worth while, now nope..... Like others written above, Koodo, Telus even Bell (oMG) are options.
Sep 2, 2013
106 posts
64 upvotes
Ontario
hseeng wrote:
Jun 27th, 2019 8:57 am
29 year customer. I have 4 cells, 2 cell phone plans promos ended yesterday. Called Retention's and was offered something worse that what is posted online. OMG,

Retentions service offerings this year is not what is was over the last 29 years.

Rogers stated I will also lose the 12% off on cell phones for bundling internet,HP, Cable if I change the cell plans. The only reason I still those services is BECAUSE of the 12% off.

Rogers you reading this? Because of this, your going to lose everything I subscribe to. Everything easy and worth while, now nope..... Like others written above, Koodo, Telus even Bell (oMG) are options.
I'm doing the same thing - 1 line moved to Telus already. Have another going to Koodo today. I've had everything with Rogers for 15 years but I'm now debundling and will go for the combination of Wireless plans and TV/Internet that give me the best value for my needs. I would be so easy for Rogers to keep me but they don't seem to care about retentions right now.
Apr 22, 2006
231 posts
22 upvotes
Calgary
Friend of mine just got $50/mo for 13GB and all calling features, BYOD in AB.
He was also told of a $40/mo for 8GB plan.
Oct 23, 2014
15 posts
3 upvotes
two of my frds got the 50$ for 13 gb, but they got from winback.. i think its bullshit how they can offer these selected customers this deal, and the rest of us gets screwed..
Sep 2, 2013
106 posts
64 upvotes
Ontario
JAREee wrote:
Jun 28th, 2019 4:34 pm
two of my frds got the 50$ for 13 gb, but they got from winback.. i think its bullshit how they can offer these selected customers this deal, and the rest of us gets screwed..
Agreed - but I just moved one of my lines to Koodo - if Winback offers me something close to $50/ 13gb I will go back right away (and try to move another line to that too)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)