Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Nov 16, 2017
32 posts
18 upvotes
Can someone save me a lot of reading and let me know what are the current BYOD plans for new customers? Currently on Koodo considering a switch to Rogers. Looking for something along the lines of $40/4gb. Thanks
Oct 31, 2010
3 posts
2 upvotes
Whitby
Got the following winback offer:

S10+ for $250 ($550 less $300 credit)
13 GB Data
Unlimited Canada Wide Calling, SMS/MMS
Enhanced VM
No activation fee
$75/month

Not amazing, but not too bad either. Basically works out to $85/month with a $0 S10+.
Last edited by habsfan0101 on Jun 30th, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2167 posts
372 upvotes
looking for some data points on winback offers for iphone X or XS, not XR.

What have you guys been getting lately for iPhones?
Sep 13, 2012
875 posts
458 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
hseeng wrote:
Jun 27th, 2019 8:57 am
29 year customer. I have 4 cells, 2 cell phone plans promos ended yesterday. Called Retention's and was offered something worse that what is posted online. OMG,

Retentions service offerings this year is not what is was over the last 29 years.

Rogers stated I will also lose the 12% off on cell phones for bundling internet,HP, Cable if I change the cell plans. The only reason I still those services is BECAUSE of the 12% off.

Rogers you reading this? Because of this, your going to lose everything I subscribe to. Everything easy and worth while, now nope..... Like others written above, Koodo, Telus even Bell (oMG) are options.
The BCB bundle is set to expire regardless - if I’m not mistake the longest term left at this point is next year. Don’t base your long term decisions on that discount.
Sep 2, 2013
115 posts
74 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone know approximately how long it takes before getting a call from Winback? I got an email that said to expect a call on the same day I switched but haven't heard anything.
Jun 10, 2015
276 posts
58 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Do I need to actually cancel to get winback call?

Or can I call, order cancellation 4 months in the future, and get a winback?
May 16, 2016
124 posts
47 upvotes
That how you do it with cable/internet, not sure if that works on mobile.

I ported out the 19th, got an email saying they were going to call me on the 20th (June), still no call. So second line is going to get ported out.
Sep 2, 2013
115 posts
74 upvotes
Ontario
Gregore wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 10:24 am
That how you do it with cable/internet, not sure if that works on mobile.

I ported out the 19th, got an email saying they were going to call me on the 20th (June), still no call. So second line is going to get ported out.
Similar situation - ported out on the 27th, got email saying to expect a call on the same day (27th) and nothing yet. Tab on second line will go to $0 next week so I'll be porting that out too unless they offer me something worthwhile to stay.
Oct 31, 2010
3 posts
2 upvotes
Whitby
The winback calls come from an 866 number with no name. It's funny my Roger's phone identifies the calls from winback team as suspected spam :)
You have to answer because they won't leave a message. Took me over a week to figure that out and finally get an offer from them.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
1877 posts
230 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!
I ported over last week as well and still no winback call for me. Rogers doesn't want me back. Crying Face But I keep on getting that damn Mandarin spam call from RBC or DHL. Is this Rogers revenge for me porting over?

I did reply to the survey they emailed me asking why I switched and mention I still have a 2nd line that I will be switching over soon.
Oct 23, 2014
25 posts
6 upvotes
were you guys on corp plans? both my friendds who got called back on winback wasn't. so i'm not sure if that was a factor..
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1388 posts
120 upvotes
I got offered from Rogers BYOD $90 -$10 (discount as long as i not change plan), Unlimited talk, text and unlimited data full LTE speed.
Sep 2, 2013
115 posts
74 upvotes
Ontario
JAREee wrote:
Jul 5th, 2019 12:27 pm
were you guys on corp plans? both my friendds who got called back on winback wasn't. so i'm not sure if that was a factor..
No corp. 4 line Share everything (though it was a loyalty plan)
Jun 21, 2013
255 posts
23 upvotes
BRAMPTON
tkhan84 wrote:
Jun 30th, 2019 9:20 am
Can someone save me a lot of reading and let me know what are the current BYOD plans for new customers? Currently on Koodo considering a switch to Rogers. Looking for something along the lines of $40/4gb. Thanks
Checkout telus? They have better throttled speeds plus if you Add additional lines you save more. With telus family discount I already switched.
Dec 12, 2018
70 posts
42 upvotes
leadersuper699 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2019 8:55 pm
I got offered from Rogers BYOD $90 -$10 (discount as long as i not change plan), Unlimited talk, text and unlimited data full LTE speed.
Was this a winback call? Retentions/Loyalty? Corporate? Luck of the draw? I'm interested.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

gmkashif