Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7770 posts
199 upvotes
doberman_baby wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 7:12 pm
I got the SMS July 3 and luckily switched to the $43 plan back in May when I got the same message on one of my other lines.
I also took a look at IDV and the $43 plan no longer there Crying Face
IDV?
Oct 31, 2010
3 posts
2 upvotes
Whitby
Jimboski wrote:
Jul 8th, 2019 7:48 pm
Saw some people with Rogers get $50 13GB.. Any ideas how they got it? Lol. I asked for it, but they asked for a picture or screenshot for reference.. I wasn't talking to entry level support, it was a manager.
This plan will only come from Winback. It's 13GB for $50 and you can add devices to it. For example, one offer I received from Winback was a S9 for $150 + a $200 credit, (so $0 S9 with $50 credit) + 13GB data for $70/month.
This is just the $50 winback plan with the $20 premium tab and a $50 credit added to it.

For those interested, the Winback calls come from a company named IOS Solutions.
Nov 2, 2011
32 posts
15 upvotes
I spoke with an IDV rep, they stated there is one plan that will work with our IDV discount which is there 6 gig plan.

95 - Ultra
85 - Premium Plus
75 - Premium

The prices of the phones will be based on the edge model

Edge - 40 - Ultra
Edge 30 - premium plus
Edge 20 - Premium

Whatever those costs are is your up front cost of the phone of your choice
Jul 7, 2016
38 posts
37 upvotes
On the topic of the new "Edge" model, does anyone know if the 30% umbrella corporate discount is affected? My work phone is under the older Premium Plus plan and I currently get 30% off the entire bill.

Under Edge Financing, I assume that the 30% applies to the service only, and the hardware will be at the undiscounted monthly payment rate. I was wondering if anyone ran into this issue with an "Edge 40" plan (i.e. NOT the financing route although it's pretty much mathematically the same) - is it transparent about the $40 tab by separating it out (like Koodo)?
Apr 15, 2010
125 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Presents wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 12:09 pm
On the topic of the new "Edge" model, does anyone know if the 30% umbrella corporate discount is affected? My work phone is under the older Premium Plus plan and I currently get 30% off the entire bill.

Under Edge Financing, I assume that the 30% applies to the service only, and the hardware will be at the undiscounted monthly payment rate. I was wondering if anyone ran into this issue with an "Edge 40" plan (i.e. NOT the financing route although it's pretty much mathematically the same) - is it transparent about the $40 tab by separating it out (like Koodo)?
30% doesn't work on any of the new unlimited plans.
Telus: No Overage Plan 50gb - VIP 20% + $0 Call Forwarding = $100 + TAX
Jul 7, 2016
38 posts
37 upvotes
emann56 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 12:37 pm
30% doesn't work on any of the new unlimited plans.
Thanks, that is unfortunate. I will see what I can do through retentions if they can budge with an older plan. Without the corporate discount I would rather get a subsidized device via work.
Jun 29, 2019
2 posts
So I recently changed my grandfathered $140 - 20Gb primary line + $35 BYOD plan for my wife and changed to Rogers Inflnite 10GB for $75 and ported my wife’s number to fongo and gave her my tablet sim to use for $5 monthly on share everything. I was stuck on this old plan for a long time as anything in market was insane. So its half the data but we’re saving $95/month and if I really need to can pay the extra $20 /month to bump it back up to 20GB.

Anyways, Rogers win back called and I had no intention of porting back since she only needs data only but wanted to see what they would offer. For those of you looking for a deal like the 8gb offer a few pages back, I was told that offer is expired. Win back offered me the in market Rogers infinite plan. I’m probably one of the few where the change to infinite has benefited me but what a joke. Told them as such. Hopefully some of you get better mileage through retentions or win back once the dust settles from the introduction of Rogers infinite.
Nov 6, 2018
23 posts
17 upvotes
I recently ported out to Koodo with a pixel 3a, 8 gig for 65-10=55 for 12 months. Win back called and try to offer athe same phone but 10gb infinite for 95. He asked what I thought and I told him if he thinks I'm going to be coming back to pay 40 more a month hed be nuts.
Mar 15, 2006
72 posts
2 upvotes
I ported-out a number from Rogers to Koodo nearly a month ago, but there are still five or six other active wireless lines on my account.
I received a survey that specifically referenced the cancellation of the Rogers service, and completed it. However I haven't received any further communication from the winback department.
Will Rogers ever attempt to win back the service? I'm not especially happy with the Telus coverage in a few areas I travel, and would like to hear from Rogers.
May 17, 2017
24 posts
Nermal wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 2:37 pm
I ported-out a number from Rogers to Koodo nearly a month ago, but there are still five or six other active wireless lines on my account.
I received a survey that specifically referenced the cancellation of the Rogers service, and completed it. However I haven't received any further communication from the winback department.
Will Rogers ever attempt to win back the service? I'm not especially happy with the Telus coverage in a few areas I travel, and would like to hear from Rogers.
I really doubt it now ever since the big 3 has the Infinite plans now, now they aren't offering any grandfather plans afaik.
Nov 21, 2013
23 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
My 1yr discounts run out next month on both my lines, called into retentions, no discount was offered, $100 first line, $95 second line both on premium plus for 10GB infinite plans. Escalating to office of the president
Feb 2, 2009
43 posts
6 upvotes
Montreal
BDLouie wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 1:27 pm
My 1yr discounts run out next month on both my lines, called into retentions, no discount was offered, $100 first line, $95 second line both on premium plus for 10GB infinite plans. Escalating to office of the president
And after these results, I wonder about our chances in the near future of getting deals through retentions or Rogers' management office:

https://business.financialpost.com/tele ... -price-war
Nov 23, 2017
72 posts
8 upvotes
Office of President has become really firm and strict
Pretty much useless at this point. They don't care if you threat to leave rogers or have a valid case

Sure you might get a little credit here or there. But no discounts or special plans will be offered

Best they will do is like said. Give you a small credit towards a phone or your bill.

Correct me if I'm wrong
Nov 21, 2013
23 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Spoke with the Office of the President last night, I will lose my 25% discount, cannot apply any discount what so ever to either of my lines, I’d be paying $105 line 1 $95 line 2 for premium plus - 10GB unlimited per line. I told him I would reach back in a week or 2. If anyone has gotten any deal what so ever in the past month please post.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)