Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2172 posts
374 upvotes
see if you can upgrade to the most expensive phone available in the meantime lol
Nov 26, 2018
13 posts
11 upvotes
superdeal007 wrote: was wondering have you ever received phone call from Office of the President before you got the letter?. because i got a call from a rep in Office of the President asked me they see i make 112 called in 2 months ask me what happen are you happy with the service. by the end the rep give me the number asked me if i do have anything call her not customer service (611).
I'm assuming calling 112 times in 2 months probably was a bad idea.
May 16, 2016
130 posts
48 upvotes
Seriously, that's almost 2 times a day for 2 months straight, that a pest customer and would cost any company money dealing with that nonsense unless there was a serious issue that wasn't being resolved.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8958 posts
1664 upvotes
Edmonton
superdeal007 wrote: was wondering have you ever received phone call from Office of the President before you got the letter?. because i got a call from a rep in Office of the President asked me they see i make 112 called in 2 months ask me what happen are you happy with the service. by the end the rep give me the number asked me if i do have anything call her not customer service (611).
I had to read this a few times... you called 112 times in 2 months?
Dec 15, 2009
429 posts
47 upvotes
GTA
yeah because i don't receive text messages and called tech support rep opened ticket about issue but took them almost almost 6 weeks to solved the problem. so the Office of the President rep asked me what was the problem i told her the problem and now its been solved than she said that is fine but incase i still have any other problem can call her she will take care of it. that is it.
Apr 27, 2011
298 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton
Is retentions or rogers offering any good deals? I been on their BYOB for sometime now, but would like a new phone.
Aug 13, 2013
18 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary
Hi I dedicate this to the manager who was saying what should and shouldn't be on the internet :)

I asked about the iphone 11 pro max 64gb..
first realize they have shared and non-shared data plans, so two tiers of pricing..

non-shared:
$590 up front with $150 credit
$95/month
4gb

$105/month
7gb

$100/month
15gb

for shareable plans:
10gb @ $115/month

that's all i could get from my quick notes I made.

Those are pathetic prices, as I've been with them for about 10 years.. their regular retention packages are $65/month, 7gb, unlimited calling; $55/month 4gb, unlimited.. I didn't take notes for $60/month but it was equally pathetic. I currently pay $59/month, 6GB, 500min.. I was also offered the 15gb for $60/month plan a few weeks ago.. and in the summer I was offered 8gb for $55.. very lackluster, I might change companies to punish them. I might be better off dealing with freedom mobile, pay $639 and $65/month for the iphone 11 pro max 64gb..I'm also looking into buying the phone in Europe and financing it that way - I'd rather send my money there to be honest..
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12483 posts
1979 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
munchkin2221 wrote: Has anyone ever been messaged from the office of the president and have your services terminated? I just had it happen.... gave me 30 days and said good bye we don't want your business.... I had a legendary plan but they gave it to me! They said an internal review flagged me and their is nothing I can do.... Kinda rattled I always pay my bills.... I had $400 in overages the last two month coincidentally and feel so cheated...
superdeal007 wrote:
was wondering have you ever received phone call from Office of the President before you got the letter?. because i got a call from a rep in Office of the President asked me they see i make 112 called in 2 months ask me what happen are you happy with the service. by the end the rep give me the number asked me if i do have anything call her not customer service (611).
clseea wrote:
I had to read this a few times... you called 112 times in 2 months?
dhu101 wrote: Hey man are you sure this is authentic? This looks like a phishing scam tbh. Don't you find it odd how the person writing this specifcally says: "If you have any questions regarding the above, we kindly ask that you use the contact information at the bottom of this letter and refrain from calling any Rogers service". Why wouldn't they want you to contact Rogers directly lol. Rogers isn't legally allowed to just terminate you as a customer because you have a "legendary grandfather plan"/wanting a new plan. The only way they can terminate your contract is if you don't pay your bills for a period of time. Hope this helps.
Yup, this chic is legit. OOTP rep based in the BC office. A real train wreck. Just do a google search on her and a dozen + threads/stories/postings come up across the net. Her whole job is to get rid of peeps (accounts they deem as #losing) becuz robbers doesnt make profits on them. Started about a year ago where a new mandate came from the top to eliminate customers that dont make money. How they do that is based on the lame phone calls you've made on ur account. They "claim" each call costs robbers $9 regardless of dept. They audit ur account and if the number of calls make the account in a debit balance then ur on the hit list. I'm surprised CBC Marketplace hasnt latched on to this. Essentially they're saying you call us X number times you make us unprofitable. Therefore we get to kick you out as customer regardless of years you've been with us, credit rating with robbers, loyalty, etc. AND you never know what X number of times is with ur individual account. For all any1 knows they *could* be making shit up just to dump ur account. Never heard of ANY company that kicks long time customers off for simply contacting customer service. I can understand if it's an ocd stalker, harassing employees, making threats, etc. But if it's in the normal course of business such as '...cant make my internet or cable work after making X number of calls and no one at robbers does shit or GAF' then that's a legit story and call escalation. They recently employed new software that tracks calls on your account. A call is considered when you give security info (name, addy, tel#, SIN, etc) to verify an account. If the rep finds it and able to log in then that's a call regardless if you're talking for 5 sec or 5hrs. Software also matches caller id and account and if found and logged in that's also a call regardless if you hang up immediately after. Robbers just has to apply filters and get a group of customers that has made X calls and in debit balance of X amount of non-profitability. Then BOOM! You get a letter... Robbers is pathetic these days.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Dec 11, 2012
20 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Man..... 70 calls in the span of a year... my plan was literally that good that they targeted me this is so sad.... I didn't do anything wrong... Majority of the calls were legitimate add-ons, calling about going over on data, throttled internet, choosing the right internet. I wasn't abusive or manipulating staff. I feel even more rage knowing how they value each call. OOTP wouldn't go into specifics for me stating proprietary technology. What is even more ludicrous is that even tho I have an amazing plan I sometimes go 100-300 over in data and pay! I bet you they don't factor that in with their calculations....
Jul 27, 2017
32 posts
10 upvotes
That has to be against the law. Cutting off paying customers and making them return your equipment alone because you deem them unprofitable sounds like a huge red flag for any lawyer. Is there any recourse to take with the CRTC or something?
Dec 11, 2012
20 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
The kicker is the CRTC told me it's within their right provided they give 30 days notice! This is definitely a story. How many has this happened to? I know I haven't been abusing call in privileges as I have had my plan for multiple years.... The nerve on the company abandoning customers and raising the prices on it's remaining more ignorant base should be a punishable offence.
Apr 29, 2015
158 posts
146 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Wheezser wrote: That's exactly what the letter to me says exept my date is October 28th. I'm thinking I don't have the time I'm too busy working to fight with this so I'm probably just going to port to public or to Freedom and they can lose my business I don't care anymore.
This is amazing - you guys should share this with the personal finance types in the media eg. Rob Carrick at the Globe, Marketplace / Go Public at the CBC, etc..

Let "Annette" tell the media how great Rogers customer service is..
Dec 11, 2012
20 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I will be contacting someone in the news sometime this week. They will not budge and give very little information. A rep needed to go listen to my conversation last week to hear the promise of refunding half my data overages ($175) so at-least my last month at rogers is free? :/

Literally banned for being to proactive and knowledgable. They just want the ignorant business....
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
1073 posts
467 upvotes
GTA
aznnorth wrote: Yup, this chic is legit. OOTP rep based in the BC office. A real train wreck. Just do a google search on her and a dozen + threads/stories/postings come up across the net. Her whole job is to get rid of peeps (accounts they deem as #losing) becuz robbers doesnt make profits on them. Started about a year ago where a new mandate came from the top to eliminate customers that dont make money. How they do that is based on the lame phone calls you've made on ur account. They "claim" each call costs robbers $9 regardless of dept. They audit ur account and if the number of calls make the account in a debit balance then ur on the hit list. I'm surprised CBC Marketplace hasnt latched on to this. Essentially they're saying you call us X number times you make us unprofitable. Therefore we get to kick you out as customer regardless of years you've been with us, credit rating with robbers, loyalty, etc. AND you never know what X number of times is with ur individual account. For all any1 knows they *could* be making shit up just to dump ur account. Never heard of ANY company that kicks long time customers off for simply contacting customer service. I can understand if it's an ocd stalker, harassing employees, making threats, etc. But if it's in the normal course of business such as '...cant make my internet or cable work after making X number of calls and no one at robbers does shit or GAF' then that's a legit story and call escalation. They recently employed new software that tracks calls on your account. A call is considered when you give security info (name, addy, tel#, SIN, etc) to verify an account. If the rep finds it and able to log in then that's a call regardless if you're talking for 5 sec or 5hrs. Software also matches caller id and account and if found and logged in that's also a call regardless if you hang up immediately after. Robbers just has to apply filters and get a group of customers that has made X calls and in debit balance of X amount of non-profitability. Then BOOM! You get a letter... Robbers is pathetic these days.
My flabber is gasted. This is incredibly dodgy. I’m now trying to recall how many times I’ve called for our services. Yelp!
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12483 posts
1979 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
ndiniwachojeff wrote: My flabber is gasted. This is incredibly dodgy. I’m now trying to recall how many times I’ve called for our services. Yelp!
The new software tracks all that and includes the entire convo for each call. Now they can log into any1's account, see all the calls and listen to them all if they want. Before they had crapp azz call center s/w that was random and any call request took 1-2 weeks at best and majority of them were not even recorded. Robbers has voice recognition s/w for a few months now. It recognizes your voice and if the puter clicks into your account - BINGO, that's also considered a call. They NEVER give you records of all the times you called to match their accusations. So no one can verify anything. They can say you dialed 70, 200, 500+. . It's meaningless when you cant verify their claim with zero available records on their end (or willingness to give up). It is indeed very fishy. They tell you it's on ur bills under the call listing. Umm, no it's not. If you dont call from ur cell fone... say from ur home fone it is NOT listed. Only LD calls are listed. Scam and a fraud.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING