Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Dec 11, 2012
20 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Its legal what they are doing just very scummy business practices..... They are literally constantly taking advantage of consumers, releasing limited promotions with zero word accept for on here which a forum.... Now you get penalized for calling and talking to them.... for legitimate problems or explanations.... and this is one of the wealthiest companies in Canada.....I wish I didn't come back after switching to telus when they didn't initially match the $60 10gb promo....

They are using the very expensive analytic software some consultant probably sold them.... It's going to bite them in the ass in a big way just like when I walked for the $60 10gb plan last year with telus and then rogers magically had the same promo literally the next day.... They are providing a service.... an expensive service at that.... the least they could do is provide service? I get problem customers but I didn't even get a warning. lol

They told me I lied about a previous phone call the week before and honoured the discount he offered last week after pleading with him to listen to the phone call and honour it since I am getting booted.... Didn't apologize its just frustrating that I am being treated like a villain for accepting offers their reps made to me?

The landscape is changing they realize the only important customers worth retaining are the ignorant ones. lol
Oct 16, 2005
830 posts
350 upvotes
Recently got a call from a OOTp rep for being a #losing customer.
They stated I called in over 150 times in one year. I stated I probably did cause you guys screwed up my account so bad. I have to call in every month to get it sorted out. Not to mention when I upgrade my phone I also get horrible reception and so I call tech every other day.

Said they will be monitoring my account to see if I am a profitably account or to let me go.

I tell you, I have 4 lines. Family and friends on my account and this is nuts considering I only have 2 loyalty plans. 5gb at $50 (Byod) and 10gb at $75 for the 100$ premium -25%. The other two are share everything and my corporate discount. Paying approx $330 tax in for 4 lines. Not sure how I am #winning
Jul 10, 2019
7 posts
18 upvotes
Superman_2099 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2019 9:55 am
They stated I called in over 150 times in one year. I stated I probably did cause you guys screwed up my account so bad. I have to call in every month to get it sorted out. Not to mention when I upgrade my phone I also get horrible reception and so I call tech every other day.

Said they will be monitoring my account to see if I am a profitably account or to let me go.

I tell you, I have 4 lines. Family and friends on my account and this is nuts considering I only have 2 loyalty plans. 5gb at $50 (Byod) and 10gb at $75 for the 100$ premium -25%. The other two are share everything and my corporate discount. Paying approx $330 tax in for 4 lines. Not sure how I am #winning

In all due respect, calling 150 times in a year is definitely excessive. Hell, I would have probably left if the issue was that reoccurring. Nobody has time for that many customer service calls
Sep 13, 2012
822 posts
417 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Superman_2099 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2019 9:55 am

These people...they've stated it costs the corporation $9 for each in-bound call between overhead and salary so 150 calls means it has cost the corporation $1,350 over the last 12 months (if you believe their numbers) to maintain your account. If the advisor from office of the President, who makes that same $1,350 over X weeks would spend the time actually addressing customer concerns which aren't effectively resolved rather than passive-aggressively monitoring flagged accounts the corporation would be further ahead in the long run and call volumes would be drastically reduced. The entire hierarchy needs a culture shift, similar to the different technical support tiers or back office. Devote resources to employees who are handed detailed notes and empowered to act without having to speak to the customer directly thereby saving everyone time...and actually accomplishing what they set out to do in the first place.
Oct 18, 2011
3 posts
9 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 5:44 pm
The new software tracks all that and includes the entire convo for each call. Now they can log into any1's account, see all the calls and listen to them all if they want. Before they had crapp azz call center s/w that was random and any call request took 1-2 weeks at best and majority of them were not even recorded. Robbers has voice recognition s/w for a few months now. It recognizes your voice and if the puter clicks into your account - BINGO, that's also considered a call. They NEVER give you records of all the times you called to match their accusations. So no one can verify anything. They can say you dialed 70, 200, 500+. . It's meaningless when you cant verify their claim with zero available records on their end (or willingness to give up). It is indeed very fishy. They tell you it's on ur bills under the call listing. Umm, no it's not. If you dont call from ur cell fone... say from ur home fone it is NOT listed. Only LD calls are listed. Scam and a fraud.
You can submit a PIPEDA request for all of your records and by law they have to give them to you. I did it with Rogers a few years ago and it included transcripts, internal notes, and every single action every CSR has taken on my account.

Send this to privacy@rci.rogers.com
Dear Chief Privacy Officer:

I am a subscriber to your Mobility service, and am interested in understanding the kinds of personal information that you maintain and retain about me. So this is a request to access my personal data under Principle 4.9 of Schedule 1 and section 8 of Canada's federal privacy legislation, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).

I am requesting a copy of all records which contain my personal information from your organization. The following is a non-exclusive listing of all information that Rogers may hold about me, including the following:

All logs of IP addresses associated with me, my devices, and/or my account (e.g. IP addresses assigned to my devices/router, IP addresses or domain names of sites I visit and the times, dates, and port numbers)
Listing of 'subscriber information' that you store about me, my devices, and/or my account
Any geolocational information that you may have collected about me, my devices, and/or associated with my account (e.g. GPS information, cell tower information)
Text messages or multi-media messages (sent and received, including date, time, and recipient information)
Call logs (e.g. numbers dialed, recordings, times and dates of calls, call durations, routing information, and any geolocational or cellular tower information associated with the calls)
Information collected about me, or persons/devices associated with my account, using one of your company's mobile device applications
Any additional kinds of information that you have collected, retained, or derived from the telecommunications services or devices that I, or someone associated with my account, have transmitted or received using your company's services
Any information about disclosures of my personal information, or information about my account or devices, to other parties, including law enforcement and other state agencies
If your organization has other information in addition to these items, I formally request access to that as well. Please ensure that you include all information that is directly associated with my name, phone number, e-mail, or account number, as well as any other account identifiers that your company may associate with my personal information.

You are obligated to provide copies at a free or minimal cost within thirty (30) days in receipt of this message. If you choose to deny this request, you must provide a valid reason for doing so under Canada's PIPEDA. Ignoring a written request is the same as refusing access. See the guide from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at: http://www.priv.gc.ca/information/guide_e.asp#014. The Commissioner is an independent oversight body that handles privacy complaints from the public.

Please let me know if your organization requires additional information from me before proceeding with my request.

Here is information that may help you identify my records:

Full Name:

Mobility
Account Number:
Email Associated With Account:
Phone Number Associated with Account:
In a few weeks you'll get a piece of registered mail with everything you asked for.
Sep 13, 2012
822 posts
417 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
cantcooktoast wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 4:20 pm
You can submit a PIPEDA request for all of your records and by law they have to give them to you. I did it with Rogers a few years ago and it included transcripts, internal notes, and every single action every CSR has taken on my account.

Send this to privacy@rci.rogers.com

In a few weeks you'll get a piece of registered mail with everything you asked for.
Outstanding!

https://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/crtc/ ... rivacy.pdf
Nov 23, 2017
131 posts
26 upvotes
What's the purpose of this? How it will help you. What are you going to do with all that privacy information. I'm just curious
Dec 11, 2012
20 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
This is amazing as the office of the president said this is impossible to get. LOL thank you look forward to seeing mine.
Sep 13, 2012
822 posts
417 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
munchkin2221 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 2:28 pm
This is amazing as the office of the president said this is impossible to get. LOL thank you look forward to seeing mine.
Interesting how they can get away with saying just about anything. 🤨
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
2021 posts
445 upvotes
Richmond, BC
UltimateB wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 11:31 pm
I chatted with Rogers through FB messenger. I said I received a call from the win back team. I told them I was thinking of an offer that they made me and asked if they can see any notes they might of made. They checked and saw no notes but they could email the win back team to give me a call back within 48 hours. Someone called me back within a day. She was really helpful.

Their initial offer was 10GB/$67 on their Infinite plan but after I initially said no they threw in an extra 5GB so now it's 15GB/$67. Decided to switch back.
Got this offer as well except i didn't have to ask for the extra 5. do u know if they offered a phone?
Nov 21, 2013
26 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Can they terminate your account if you have outstanding device balance?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
2021 posts
445 upvotes
Richmond, BC
BDLouie wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 5:59 am
Can they terminate your account if you have outstanding device balance?
wouldn't that be the dream lol
Oct 16, 2019
2 posts
2 upvotes
I just switched to Freedom mobile from Rogers about 2 weeks ago and haven’t had any issues. I did get an iPhone 8 that I was able to include in my plan. The plan is 12 gb for $58 a month plus tax including freedom talk and text, long distance across Canada. The plan was initially $75 a month and I also got $5 off for pre authorization out of my bank account. They do charge you the $75 plus tax for the first month which is highlighted in the paperwork and then in the second month, I will be charged $62 with tax. The only thing I’ve noticed with iPhone 8 is the sound quality is crap. Other than that, I haven’t had any issues with Freedom mobile themselves. They have a self sufficient app to check your usage and your bill among other things that is laid out better than the Rogers app.

Now I know that Rogers is calling me from this USA number to get me back. They sent me an email not long ago saying they would have someone calling me. I still have another phone with them. I’m happy with Freedom mobile.

With Rogers I had 3 phone lines. A work phone as I own my own business, a personal phone and my daughter’s phone. One of these phones was my daughter’s iPhone 8 which she was still paying for the device when I switched but had about $80 left on it.

For these 3 phones, 2 of them were Iphone SE from when we opened the account in 2016 we were paying $294 with 15 Gb of data and 2 of those phones were no longer on contract! The reason I have 15 gb of data is my daughter uses a lot of data and our share plan of 5 gb originally wasn’t going to cut it.

Since 2 phones were no longer under contract we went into Rogers telling them I was taking those 2 phones somewhere else but then they told me my daughter’s phone which was still under contract would cost her even more if I took my 2 phones and left. She was already paying $120 a month!

So they did 15 gb of data with 3 lines at $294 a month. On my end I was paying $174 a month for 2 old iPhone SE that weren’t under contract anymore. When my daughter’s iPhone 8 got down to $80, I was at the mall and the freedom mobile guy said he could port out the number without even having to deal with Rogers. I finally took the plunge and did it. It was a great experience with freedom. He explained everything to me clearly. The iPhone SE was so old that it wouldn’t work on the freedom network so I had to get an iPhone 8.

Now I still have one phone left on Rogers and just upgraded that phone to an iPhone XR because that iPhone SE will crap out one day. I got the XR because I didn’t have to put anything down.

I plan on buying out the device in the next few months as it’s at $775 right now. I’ll wait till it gets to $500 and I’m switching to Freedom. I don’t need all this data and extra frills and Freedom mobile has a lot of similar features like Roam at home when you travel. I’m a low maintenance type of person when it comes to phones and don’t need all the features with Rogers. The phone with freedom works, no phone calls have been dropped so I’m happy.
Oct 16, 2019
2 posts
2 upvotes
I just switched to Freedom mobile from Rogers about 2 weeks ago and haven’t had any issues. I did get an iPhone 8 that I was able to include in my plan. The plan is 12 gb for $58 a month plus tax including freedom talk and text, long distance across Canada. The plan was initially $75 a month and I also got $5 off for pre authorization out of my bank account. They do charge you the $75 plus tax for the first month which is highlighted in the paperwork and then in the second month, I will be charged $62 with tax. The only thing I’ve noticed with iPhone 8 is the sound quality is crap. Other than that, I haven’t had any issues with Freedom mobile themselves. They have a self sufficient app to check your usage and your bill among other things that is laid out better than the Rogers app.

Now I know that Rogers is calling me from this USA number to get me back. They sent me an email not long ago saying they would have someone calling me. I still have another phone with them. I’m happy with Freedom mobile.

With Rogers I had 3 phone lines. A work phone as I own my own business, a personal phone and my daughter’s phone. One of these phones was my daughter’s iPhone 8 which she was still paying for the device when I switched but had about $80 left on it.

For these 3 phones, 2 of them were Iphone SE from when we opened the account in 2016 we were paying $294 with 15 Gb of data and 2 of those phones were no longer on contract! The reason I have 15 gb of data is my daughter uses a lot of data and our share plan of 5 gb originally wasn’t going to cut it.

Since 2 phones were no longer under contract we went into Rogers telling them I was taking those 2 phones somewhere else but then they told me my daughter’s phone which was still under contract would cost her even more if I took my 2 phones and left. She was already paying $120 a month!

So they did 15 gb of data with 3 lines at $294 a month. On my end I was paying $174 a month for 2 old iPhone SE that weren’t under contract anymore. When my daughter’s iPhone 8 got down to $80, I was at the mall and the freedom mobile guy said he could port out the number without even having to deal with Rogers. I finally took the plunge and did it. It was a great experience with freedom. He explained everything to me clearly. The iPhone SE was so old that it wouldn’t work on the freedom network so I had to get an iPhone 8.

Now I still have one phone left on Rogers and just upgraded that phone to an iPhone XR because that iPhone SE will crap out one day. I got the XR because I didn’t have to put anything down.

I plan on buying out the device in the next few months as it’s at $775 right now. I’ll wait till it gets to $500 and I’m switching to Freedom. I don’t need all this data and extra frills and Freedom mobile has a lot of similar features like Roam at home when you travel. I’m a low maintenance type of person when it comes to phones and don’t need all the features with Rogers. The phone with freedom works, no phone calls have been dropped so I’m happy.
Oct 31, 2013
105 posts
44 upvotes
Burlington
Nthom2019 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 2:29 pm

How do you find freedom for just calling, texting and internet browsing using their LTE.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)