Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1809 posts
554 upvotes
KenAdams wrote:
Dec 7th, 2019 12:25 pm
WTF? I was offered 2GB Talk/Text Canada for $35 or 5GB Talk/Text Canada for $55 on No Tab. Why does it seem every agent has their own offers and nobody is the same?

I do have to ask though... did you a 2 year discount or something then it goes back to regular price? This 25 year customer is getting pretty pissed with Rogers!!
Politely ask upfront for that deal-sometimes you may get lucky. Seems to me not all Rogers employees are trained the same way or have the experience to provide the best deals.
Mar 17, 2018
641 posts
865 upvotes
So, I tried and this is what I got. First he didn't see it, then he saw it, then he asked if I wanted it, then I confirmed, then he said I can't have it. It's mind blowing but entertaining. LOL

04:00 PMKen Adams
Plan offers
04:00 PMSnehal
Hi, I'm Snehal, from Rogers Chat in Montreal, Quebec. How are you today Ken?
04:02 PMKen Adams
Doing great Snehal, how are you today?
04:01 PMSnehal
I am doing good, thank you
04:03 PMKen Adams
Excellent. So, I got a few different offers over the last little bit. I am trying to find the best deal of course. I noticed someone got a really good deal this week. I went to a Rogers store and they informed me that particular deal is only available on Rogers chat.
04:02 PMSnehal
what was the deal?
04:04 PMKen Adams
$50 15GB unlimited talk/text Canada No Tab (bring your own phone)
https://g.dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/00 ... rt_fit.jpg
I figure, after being with Rogers for 25 years, this sounds like a good plan to have.
04:04 PMSnehal
can I know your phone number please
04:06 PMKen Adams

04:06 PMSnehal
can you confirm your email address?

04:11 PMSnehal
hello, please allow 3-4 minutes when I look up for that deal
04:13 PMKen Adams
OK. Thank you Snehal.
04:15 PMSnehal
I am seeing the No tab 15GB/$70 (non sharing)
04:16 PMSnehal
but dont see the deal they offered
04:17 PMKen Adams
That is unfortunate. What kind of offers do you have?
04:20 PMSnehal
OK..good news..we have it
04:21 PMKen Adams
Well that is excellent news!!
04:21 PMSnehal
do you want to go for it?
04:22 PMKen Adams
Just to confirm, it's $50 unlimited talk and text Canada with 15GB of data No Tab (bring my own phone) no contract. Correct?
04:25 PMSnehal
yeah but since you already have discount with migration plan that can not be applied, thats campaign winback offer
04:27 PMKen Adams
I'm confused. So now I can't have it?
04:26 PMSnehal
no you can not get it
04:27 PMSnehal
I mean you cant have it
04:28 PMKen Adams
Even after 25 years of loyalty to Rogers?
04:28 PMSnehal
I am sorry but I cant give it to you because of the offer you currently have
04:29 PMKen Adams
I've had this plan I'm on now for I think 4 years now.... I'm not on a contract either....
04:29 PMSnehal
okay
04:30 PMSnehal
I understand, the plan you have contradicts the new plan thats why I cant give it to you.
04:32 PMKen Adams
Well that's unfortunate. I had this plan offer from another provider but I stayed with Rogers.
I don't understand though. I'm not on a contact and haven't been for a long time. It's been month to month....
04:33 PMKen Adams
What does my month to month contract have to do with the $50 plan?
04:34 PMSnehal
Any other discounts including retention discounts and discounts for additional lines
doesn't work with this plan
04:37 PMKen Adams
That makes no sense. LOL. I don't have additional lines.
Oh well. I'm not sure about this but... I think it's time to look elsewhere when boxing day comes.
Thank you Snehal for looking. Have a great day now!
04:37 PMSnehal
Thank you for your choosing Rogers Live Chat. We value your loyalty and business. It was a great pleasure chatting with you today. Have a great day!
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams

$45 4GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Rogers
$23.99 1GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Public Mobile
$0.00 a month (FREE using Google Opinion Rewards) Unlimited Talk/Text Fongo Mobile App
May 17, 2007
393 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
KenAdams wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 5:54 pm
So, I tried and this is what I got. First he didn't see it, then he saw it, then he asked if I wanted it, then I confirmed, then he said I can't have it. It's mind blowing but entertaining. LOL

04:00 PMKen Adams
Plan offers
04:00 PMSnehal
Hi, I'm Snehal, from Rogers Chat in Montreal, Quebec. How are you today Ken?
04:02 PMKen Adams
Doing great Snehal, how are you today?
04:01 PMSnehal
I am doing good, thank you
04:03 PMKen Adams
Excellent. So, I got a few different offers over the last little bit. I am trying to find the best deal of course. I noticed someone got a really good deal this week. I went to a Rogers store and they informed me that particular deal is only available on Rogers chat.
04:02 PMSnehal
what was the deal?
$50 15GB unlimited talk/text Canada No Tab (bring your own phone)
https://g.dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/00 ... rt_fit.jpg
I figure, after being with Rogers for 25 years, this sounds like a good plan to have.
04:04 PMSnehal
can I know your phone number please

04:06 PMSnehal
can you confirm your email address?

04:11 PMSnehal
hello, please allow 3-4 minutes when I look up for that deal
04:13 PMKen Adams
OK. Thank you Snehal.
04:15 PMSnehal
I am seeing the No tab 15GB/$70 (non sharing)
04:16 PMSnehal
but dont see the deal they offered
04:17 PMKen Adams
That is unfortunate. What kind of offers do you have?
04:20 PMSnehal
OK..good news..we have it
04:21 PMKen Adams
Well that is excellent news!!
04:21 PMSnehal
do you want to go for it?
04:22 PMKen Adams
Just to confirm, it's $50 unlimited talk and text Canada with 15GB of data No Tab (bring my own phone) no contract. Correct?
04:25 PMSnehal
yeah but since you already have discount with migration plan that can not be applied, thats campaign winback offer
04:27 PMKen Adams
I'm confused. So now I can't have it?
04:26 PMSnehal
no you can not get it
04:27 PMSnehal
I mean you cant have it
04:28 PMKen Adams
Even after 25 years of loyalty to Rogers?
04:28 PMSnehal
I am sorry but I cant give it to you because of the offer you currently have
04:29 PMKen Adams
I've had this plan I'm on now for I think 4 years now.... I'm not on a contract either....
04:29 PMSnehal
okay
04:30 PMSnehal
I understand, the plan you have contradicts the new plan thats why I cant give it to you.
Well that's unfortunate. I had this plan offer from another provider but I stayed with Rogers.
I don't understand though. I'm not on a contact and haven't been for a long time. It's been month to month....
04:33 PMKen Adams
What does my month to month contract have to do with the $50 plan?
Any other discounts including retention discounts and discounts for additional lines
doesn't work with this plan
That makes no sense. LOL. I don't have additional lines.
Oh well. I'm not sure about this but... I think it's time to look elsewhere when boxing day comes.
Thank you Snehal for looking. Have a great day now!
04:37 PMSnehal
Thank you for your choosing Rogers Live Chat. We value your loyalty and business. It was a great pleasure chatting with you today. Have a great day!
now what?
Mar 17, 2018
641 posts
865 upvotes
Honestly, I have no clue. I could be a squeaky wheel and write in to Rogers. I can just bend over and take it. Or I can just hope something better comes out on Boxing Day and leave Rogers.

$0.00 a month (FREE using Google Opinion Rewards) Unlimited Talk/Text Fongo Mobile App
Jan 12, 2019
4 posts
After calling rogers and getting offered terrible retention plans, I very clearly said no to, I received an email from rogers that my account had been changed and switched to that plan.

About an hour on the phone with rogers and hopefully they give me my old plan back this week...
Dec 8, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Created an account just to post in this thread.

Man, what the hell happened to rogers? 2 years ago they made a huge push on customer service and were fantastic at the time. Now? They're back to being a bunch of greedy * with piss poor CSR.

I had a rep change my plan without my auth today, and the most that could be done about it was "Have a manager coach the rep".

Coach the rep for fraud, sounds like a completely acceptable solution =/
Sep 13, 2012
877 posts
459 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
rds544 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2019 3:45 am
After calling rogers and getting offered terrible retention plans, I very clearly said no to, I received an email from rogers that my account had been changed and switched to that plan.

About an hour on the phone with rogers and hopefully they give me my old plan back this week...
Escalate all the way to the top. The agent responsible needs to be flagged and disciplined and you need to receive goodwill credits.
Jan 14, 2005
349 posts
4 upvotes
Last year on Black Friday I switched from Rogers to Bell and got 19gb shared between two lines for $114\month. This was a lot better than our previous plan so I was looking forward to getting new hardware this year. It turned out I wasn't able to find out any crazy deals on a hardware upgrade, best I was offered was an Iphone XR and a Samsung galaxy note plus with unlimited data for $165\month on a business plan. I'm ok sticking with my current plan but the unlimited data worked out to another $11\\month including both lines. Appreciate any suggestions for a hardware upgrade.
Nov 23, 2017
91 posts
25 upvotes
How long does it take for Rogers winback to call once you have transferred to another carrier?
Jan 8, 2010
27 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
Here's a summary of what I got from Rogers recently.

Looking for a HUP for my wife, currently on a 10GB Share everything plan $115 main line ( including 30 tab), $70 additional line (including 30 tab), and a tablet line $10 (bonus 1GB data shared). Have a 25% discount on the additional line (negotiated last year with HUP) and $5 monthly credit for tablet line.

Got a $100 main line (including 40 tab) for the iPhone 11 including 15GB non shared. The rep did not tell me that this was going to be non shared, and that my line (the additional line with discount) would change. It changed to a $75 7GB plan. Wound up calling back and confirmed that my 25% discount did stay on the line. At that time I expressed my disappointment in losing the shared data (I use more data than my wife due to a small business I run). The rep added the free 5GB for 24mo on my line. I mentioned I wanted to cancel my tablet line as I don't use it anymore, but she ended up giving me a $10 credit for the tablet line. I then inquired about an upgrade on that tablet line, and she said that were eligible for a free tablet since my wife was getting an HUP.

Checked our data information on the app, and it's showing 25GB for my wife's line and 15GB on mine...

Maybe has something to do with the billing cycle, I'll have to see in a few days when the cycle resets.
Images
  • Screenshot_20191209_122308_com.fivemobile.myaccount.jpg
  • Screenshot_20191209_122254_com.fivemobile.myaccount.jpg
Jan 19, 2007
32 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
@ oilwong what does it say when click on view details under the 15 and 25gb? Should tell how the plans are structured.
Mar 17, 2018
641 posts
865 upvotes
Shinylemon, allow me to be the first. Welcome to RedFlagDeals! Hope you stick around so our fellow members can help save you money and find some great deals!!

Sep 13, 2012
877 posts
459 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Shinylemon wrote:
Dec 9th, 2019 5:04 am
Created an account just to post in this thread.

Man, what the hell happened to rogers? 2 years ago they made a huge push on customer service and were fantastic at the time. Now? They're back to being a bunch of greedy * with piss poor CSR.

I had a rep change my plan without my auth today, and the most that could be done about it was "Have a manager coach the rep".

Coach the rep for fraud, sounds like a completely acceptable solution =/
Escalate all the way to the top. The agent responsible needs to be flagged and disciplined and you need to receive goodwill credits.
May 1, 2011
574 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
anyone on a small business plan?

i have 8 lines
main line is $95..upgraded to iphone 11 pro and its now $115, plus money down for the new phone.

$70 a line for phones under contract
$50 a line for byod

10 gigs each, shared. Throttled after 80 gb are used.
Jul 25, 2019
11 posts
1 upvote
JasonI60579 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2019 10:07 am
If Winback offered this to me, I'm pretty sure it is available in the system. I may have gotten lucky with the Live Chat rep and he simply added it for me upon request with my explanation. But, prior to asking for the plan, yes, I think you need to request for a future cancellation date and see if Winback calls you. If Winback does not call you before the cancellation date, then cancel the cancellation if you do not intend to switch.
Thinking about doing this. How far out should I set my cancel date?

Currently on an older Rogers Share Everything Plan, paying $127 + HST ($145) for two lines and 17GB of data (one of the lines is Canada + US, other just Canada).

I'm in the market for a new phone and am wondering if anyone has seen any deals that might top what I have with a hardware subsidy (specifically iPhone)? Everywhere I look I end up paying more for a base plan, even before adding in a hardware subsidy. Is my best bet to just buy a phone outright?

Thanks

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

petrpuck