Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1158 posts
537 upvotes
CALGARY
Do Rogers have a 1000 min Long distance minutes as Koodo? I want to switch to Koodo for the LD offer and want to make sure if Rogers match it if they call to winback.
May 16, 2016
6 posts
Quick question as I've gone through retentions for years as I've upgraded my plan and phones.

Very interested in a new Galaxy S20 phone which I would be financing with Rogers.

I know I will need to switch to a Rogers Infinite plan for this.... but what do you think the chances of Rogers agreeing to clear my tab owing of around $280 to keep me happy knowing I'll be switching my plan and financing a new top of the line phone?

Thank you
Mar 12, 2005
72 posts
5 upvotes
Richmond Hill
patrickkc wrote: Planning on doing this myself as well. I have one line with Rogers that's still the $50 / 4GB. Doesn't make sense to not try this and score the $50 / 15GB. I was just contemplating between which carrier to port to incase things went bad. (rogers not giving me the $50 / 15gb) .
I was in the same boat.
Have 2 lines on Rogers for over 7 years, both BYOP $50 6GB / month, pretty good plan back in the days. Saw the win back offer $50 15GB and wanted to try my luck to get it.

After some searching on RFD, the best option was the Lucky migration plan to Virgin Mobile BYOP $40 6GB. So I got two Lucky sims, waited 25 days, called Virgin and got the $40 6GB migration plan and ported both lines from Rogers to Virgin.

Now waiting to see if I get the Rogers win back. If I don't, I still saved $10 a month by porting to VM and happy with the $40 6GB that is still pretty good in the market.

However, going this route, you may incur some additional costs depending on your luck to get the activation and port fees waived.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2435 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
suddend1979 wrote: Quick question as I've gone through retentions for years as I've upgraded my plan and phones.

Very interested in a new Galaxy S20 phone which I would be financing with Rogers.

I know I will need to switch to a Rogers Infinite plan for this.... but what do you think the chances of Rogers agreeing to clear my tab owing of around $280 to keep me happy knowing I'll be switching my plan and financing a new top of the line phone?

Thank you
I'll be as kind as possible with my answer. No one here will know.

Calling Rogers and getting a generous rep will be your answer. That high of a balance, they might meet you in the middle or something - I was successful getting $120 wiped. But it all depends on the rep of the call you get.
Sep 30, 2009
945 posts
468 upvotes
Richmond Hill
StraySheep wrote: I was in the same boat.
Have 2 lines on Rogers for over 7 years, both BYOP $50 6GB / month, pretty good plan back in the days. Saw the win back offer $50 15GB and wanted to try my luck to get it.

After some searching on RFD, the best option was the Lucky migration plan to Virgin Mobile BYOP $40 6GB. So I got two Lucky sims, waited 25 days, called Virgin and got the $40 6GB migration plan and ported both lines from Rogers to Virgin.

Now waiting to see if I get the Rogers win back. If I don't, I still saved $10 a month by porting to VM and happy with the $40 6GB that is still pretty good in the market.

However, going this route, you may incur some additional costs depending on your luck to get the activation and port fees waived.
Damn, so if I want to start now, I'd need to wait 25 days first? is there some info on the virgin migration plan? I tried looking for it on virgin website and it's not there. I'm thinking if I should just try to port to Freedom or Telus. Telus has the $75 peace of mind plan. Maybe I will give it a try tomorrow. I've been eyeing this since the first day it's been posted but I've been lazy. Was hoping they'd make this available to everybody for BF or BD but never happened. I should probably do this soon before this offer expires.
Jul 19, 2016
236 posts
91 upvotes
Ontario
So it looks like there is a $5/m increase on the grandfathered $50 plans.
Arghhh.............
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3904 posts
389 upvotes
mself084 wrote: Thanks - I'll have to give it a shot soon!

EDIT: Just request the port over to Telus. See what happens, SIM cards will be here in the next week.
Got the call this morning - offered 15Gb/$50 plan. Done! Thanks RFD :)
Proud member of SENS Army
Sep 20, 2007
789 posts
268 upvotes
GVRD
sunstar1980 wrote: So it looks like there is a $5/m increase on the grandfathered $50 plans.
Arghhh.............
Same here, I have 4GB/$40 plan and Rogers increased by $5/month. I'm looking for a different providers now. It seems Zoomer and Public Mobile has best deal at this point.
Jul 19, 2016
236 posts
91 upvotes
Ontario
ndy4eva wrote: Same here, I have 4GB/$40 plan and Rogers increased by $5/month. I'm looking for a different providers now. It seems Zoomer and Public Mobile has best deal at this point.
Just an update.
I had a facebook chat with them, and here is what I got. I have been with Rogers for over a decade. So might be very YMMV.

$55/month
8GB with all the unlimited Canada wide/caller ID/Voicemail.... etc.
And any free bonus data that we had from the past stays on.

So technically you can get around 11-13GB/month for the $55. Likely new plans will come around by the time the free bonus expires anyways.
It's definitely not as good as the winback deal. But saves us the porting around game if this data is enough.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7938 posts
2630 upvotes
Toronto
My contract was coming to an end so I called retention.

$300 billing credit per line.
• Unlimited Nationwide Talk + Text
• Unlimited picture + video messaging
• Call display + Message centre
• 10 GB individual data (512 Kbps after wards)
$50*11 lines, 3*$75 lines.

Telus offered $400 and their pricing for the phones I wanted were cheaper that I'd be saving $140 on each line with them.
Feb 8, 2010
24 posts
6 upvotes
mself084 wrote: Got the call this morning - offered 15Gb/$50 plan. Done! Thanks RFD :)
How long was it exactly fro when you requested your port over to Telus, to getting the call fro Rogers?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3904 posts
389 upvotes
locosman wrote: How long was it exactly fro when you requested your port over to Telus, to getting the call fro Rogers?
Activated on a Thursday, got the call on a Tuesday. They said they tried emailing me on Monday but I didn't get anything.
Proud member of SENS Army
Oct 7, 2017
7 posts
After three phone calls,chat no luck ,so i ordered Koodo simm card . I have two lines with Rogers ,which line i should first port to Koodo -main line or second line ?
I couldn't order two simm card,their online system allow only one .People from Koodo community said i have to first activate one simm card and create account and later from this account order second one .Not really sure how to proceed ...help