Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers Wireless

Rogers Huawei GR5 $100

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2018 10:20 pm
Mar 17, 2017
121 posts
27 upvotes
The link in OP is not working.. Keeps loading..... Is the deal still on or dead?
Jul 15, 2003
931 posts
411 upvotes
iLikeDeals1 wrote: The link in OP is not working.. Keeps loading..... Is the deal still on or dead?
Same. Link is dead and couldn't find the device on the site. Can you buy this in-store?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1786 posts
1065 upvotes
Toronto
djray wrote: Same. Link is dead and couldn't find the device on the site. Can you buy this in-store?
A coworker was able to successfully pick up 2 units from Scarborough Town Centre today.
Oct 9, 2005
488 posts
73 upvotes
Thornhill
I got a GR5 from Zoomer recently. EMUI 3.0 was very laggy. EMUI 4.0 was more tolerable but still laggy. I upgraded the phone all the way to B350 firmware from Huawei and then proceeded to install Lineage 14.1 with the March 9th build as well as the latest Astral kernel that ends in version 7. I do have minimal apps on my phone and it runs very well, the only lag I feel is from unlocking the phone when the screen is off. But also please be noted that I'm coming from a flagship OnePlus 5 device that's worth 7 times more.

I test the device at how smoothly Hearthstone runs, and this phone ran it fine without lag. The installed Lineage OS camera sucks btw so I just use Google Camera from the play store.

For $100 this is a great buy. If you need a powerhouse device this is not for you. If you need a decent smartphone and can live with some compromises then look no further.
Hi
Jun 9, 2001
163 posts
80 upvotes
Ottawa
xeoreg wrote: I got a GR5 from Zoomer recently. EMUI 3.0 was very laggy. EMUI 4.0 was more tolerable but still laggy. I upgraded the phone all the way to B350 firmware from Huawei and then proceeded to install Lineage 14.1 with the March 9th build as well as the latest Astral kernel that ends in version 7. I do have minimal apps on my phone and it runs very well, the only lag I feel is from unlocking the phone when the screen is off. But also please be noted that I'm coming from a flagship OnePlus 5 device that's worth 7 times more.

I test the device at how smoothly Hearthstone runs, and this phone ran it fine without lag. The installed Lineage OS camera sucks btw so I just use Google Camera from the play store.

For $100 this is a great buy. If you need a powerhouse device this is not for you. If you need a decent smartphone and can live with some compromises then look no further.

thank you for sharing. Will follow your advice when I set up mine
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
Decided to visit the Rogers store in Bayers Lake Halifax. I had no problem purchasing the GR5, and the Rogers vendor said there was still 4 more in stock.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
iLikeDeals1 wrote: The link in OP is not working.. Keeps loading..... Is the deal still on or dead?
It is a Rogers site, what did you expect? :)
I visited a Rogers Store in Bayers Lake Halifax today, and they still had them in stock for $100. Probably should visit your Rogers store and see what they have.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1005 posts
744 upvotes
Ontario
No luck in Hamilton, they won't sell unless you sign a contract.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)