Credit Cards

Rogers World Elite MC (2% Rogers, 1.75% other CDN, 4% - net 1.50% Foreign) - LIVE NOW!!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2018 12:50 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
3181 posts
1561 upvotes

Rogers World Elite MC (2% Rogers, 1.75% other CDN, 4% - net 1.50% Foreign) - LIVE NOW!!

I just talked to a rep from Rogers Bank and confirmed a few things on the new Rogers World Elite MC:

Earning Rewards:
- 2% cash back on Rogers products (Rogers, Fido) and services (Rogers/Fido/Chatr bills)
- 1.75% cash back on all other purchases in CAD
- 4% (net 1.5% after 2.5 FX Fee) cash back on purchases made in foreign currencies
- No caps, unlimited cash back

Redemption:
If you pre-authorize your Rogers/Fido/Chatr bill to the card:
- Points can be redeemed automatically or manually as statement credit once it hits $20.

If you are not Rogers/Fido/Chatr customer:
- Points can be redeemed on Rogers/Fido/Chatr (in-store) products, Shopping Channel purchases, Jays tickets (no single games for some reason), Jays Shop, Rogers Center concessions/parking, etc.
- Points can be redeemed as statement credit once a year by calling Rogers, or creating an online request (Has to be requested before Dec 1st of current year, receive statement credit in January of next year).

Other Benefits:
- Extended Warranty (Up to one additional year)
- Purchase Protection (90 days; Combined with Extended Warranty, Maximum of $65,000 per account)
- Out-of-province Emergency Medical ($1 million. 10 days for ppl < 65, 3 days for ppl >= 65)
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption (Each benefit: $1,000 per insured person to a maximum of $5,000 per account, per trip.)
- Trip Delay ($150/day for a maximum of 3 days or the benefit maximum, whichever comes first.)
- Car Rental Collision / Loss Damage Insurance (31 days, MSRP $65,000)
- Assistance Services (24/7, emergency and non-emergency situations while travelling)

Source and details: https://www.rogersbank.com/legaldocs/en ... y16.en.pdf

Requirement:
- 80k personal, or 150k household annual income
OR
- Annual 25k spending on your current Rogers/Fido MC
OR
- Monthly 2.1k spending for at least 6 months on your current Rogers/Fido MC

Annual fee:
- NO annual fee

How to apply?
- Call Rogers Bank 1-855-775-2265 and switch over
- Create a service request through online banking
- No credit check if you switch over from your current Rogers/Fido MC
- For new customers: https://www.rogersbank.com/en/rogers_wo ... rd_details.

Welcome Bonus:
- Get $25 in cash back rewards when you make your first card purchase within 3 months of receiving your card.

Terms and Conditions: https://www.rogersbank.com/legaldocs/en ... ons.en.pdf

This card is quite interesting to be the second no-fee WE card in Canada. Fantastic cash back, travel insurance and purchase benefits, ALL IN ONE card.

Are you going to apply/switch to the new Rogers WE?

May 22, 2018
====================
The card is LIVE NOW!!
Last edited by EdisonL299 on Mar 20th, 2018 12:10 am, edited 11 times in total.
😎 "How do you like to pay?" "American Express!" 😄
Thread Summary
PAD is now live
2539 replies
Mar 12, 2018
18 posts
32 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 12:20 am
how long before Rogers devalues this card??? lol
Haha, maybe. However, this is now a world elite so they figured out a way to pass the extra costs onto the merchant because the fees are higher for world elite cards. That’s probably why there’s no annual fee on this.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
3181 posts
1561 upvotes
Jkl012 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 12:32 am
Haha, maybe. However, this is now a world elite so they figured out a way to pass the extra costs onto the merchant because the fees are higher for world elite cards. That’s probably why there’s no annual fee on this.
Ya, no annual fee + travel insurance/purchase benefits on top of the 2/1.75/1.5% cash back make it hot imo.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1305 posts
386 upvotes
TBD
If this will be a cashback card that only has a yearly redemption of cashback like Rogers other offerings...I don't think i'll be considering it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
3181 posts
1561 upvotes
Well imo even though Rogers devalues this card 2 years later, it won't go too far because it is a World Elite card, and there could be many changes in the Canadian credit card market after 2 years.
I guess I will keep my Rogers MC then upgrade it in June. Some ppl might argue we shouldn't trust Rogers, but we need a backup plan because of our pathetic credit card offers. Just in case MBNA RWE and Brim WE discontinue in the future.
Mar 19, 2018
31 posts
55 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 12:20 am
how long before Rogers devalues this card??? lol
Poutinesauce wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 1:19 am
I'm not trusting anything Rogers makes ever again, no thank you.
lol not sure why everyone is being so negative. First of all it's pretty common practice that all these banks have been devaluing their credit card offerings (Tangerine, BMO etc.) so it's not like Rogers is alone.

Second, unless you don't qualify for this card because of the 80k income requirement this card is FAR better than the original Rogers card! 2% on Rogers products is higher than the current card, 1.75 on everything else and 1.5 net on FX is the same as current AND ON TOP OF THIS for no fee we will now get warranty, purchase assurance, and a full suite of insurances (medical/trip/car) for nothing. If Rogers changes this card in two years, whatever, we churn it and move on. If this card is as OP laid out we should all be ecstatic. Some people are just never happy lol
Jun 24, 2016
127 posts
113 upvotes
Since it's a world elite, it'll also come with Concierge. Probably worth adding.

That being said, unlike Visa, each MC issuer is responsible for outsourcing the concierge function, so it remains to be seen whether this one will be useful.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1224 posts
459 upvotes
OTTAWA
kevdanga wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 12:38 am
If this will be a cashback card that only has a yearly redemption of cashback like Rogers other offerings...I don't think i'll be considering it.
Can't wait until the end of the year?

This seems like a good card back the the 1.5% net foreign purchases. The no fee thing seems unlikely to me, but we will see.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
1672 posts
275 upvotes
Burnaby
Interesting, applied and approved for the MBNA Rewards WE to have on hand after Rogers Platinum devaluation notice. I'd definitely upgrade my current Rogers card to this hopefully it also would come with more normal credit limits.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1305 posts
386 upvotes
TBD
fogetmylogin wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 2:45 am
Can't wait until the end of the year?

This seems like a good card back the the 1.5% net foreign purchases. The no fee thing seems unlikely to me, but we will see.
The point is I shouldn't have to. All of my other CCs offer monthly or manual redemption throughout the year. Its very archaic to have to call in yearly by a certain date to get the cashback I've earned.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1224 posts
459 upvotes
OTTAWA
kevdanga wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 3:57 am
The point is I shouldn't have to. All of my other CCs offer monthly or manual redemption throughout the year. Its very archaic to have to call in yearly by a certain date to get the cashback I've earned.
You can set the preference and then it is done automatically. It is strange and they seem to want you to think it is only for a Rogers credit which discourages a lot of people yet they will give it as a statement credit. I had $10k in foreign purchase for a $400 credit last year so I would rather wait than get half as much with another card. I will switch for sure.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1875 posts
408 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 12:10 am
I just talked to a rep from Rogers Bank and confirmed a few things on the new Rogers World Elite MC:

- 2% cash back on Rogers products and related services (Rogers/Fido/Chatr bills)
- 1.75% cash back on all other purchases in CAD
- 4% (net 1.5% after 2.5 FX Fee) cash back on purchases made in foreign currencies
- No cap, unlimited cash back
- Extended Warranty
- Purchase Protection
- Out-of-province Emergency Medical
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption
- Car Rental Collision / Loss Damage Insurance
- 80k/150k income requirement
- To be launched in June 2018
- No annual fee

I couldn't get more details about the travel insurance and purchase benefits because they said they were still working on the new card. After the card launch, you can call Rogers Bank and switch over to the new WE card if you meet the income requirement, no credit check.

I know people are getting frustrated on the Rogers/Fido MC's devaluation, but this card seems interesting. The second no-fee WE card in Canada and it seems more versatile and better than PCF WE. Are you going to apply/switch to the new Rogers WE?
Any idea how many days the medical insurance is?
Alterna Savings Visa Infinite
2% cold hard cash on everything, no caps, VISA acceptance
48 day medical insurance, trip cxl, trip interrupt
Discuss here
Jan 14, 2017
189 posts
84 upvotes
It seems I need to reconsider cancelling my Rogers MasterCard.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

EdisonL299