Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Roku Ultra 4K - $69.97 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2018 11:35 am
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
Is it worth getting this over my Roku 3?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
shayne85 wrote: Which Roku 3? Model 4200?
yes, the one without voice search
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
If you have a 4K TV and are looking to play 4K content then upgrade. If not, no real point.
Jul 28, 2010
842 posts
535 upvotes
belowzeros wrote: amazon 4k fire stick $49 or this roku @69...anyone who has used both have an opinion?
I have the old firestick and I like it for everything plus it has Kodi, but it doesnt have NHL Game Centre. I bought a Roku just for NHL. You can watch NHL through Kodi but i usually watch after the game has started and catch up - Roku and Apple allow this, Kodi doesn't.

Roku is snappier and I feel has a better image, but I imagine the new Firestick will be the same. Roku has optical and ethernet as well. I was all set on the firestick until I got a crazy deal on the shield.

So if NHL, optical and ethernet and not important to you, Firestick all the way. But thats just my opinion for my uses. No idea about IPTV between the two.
Oct 24, 2015
146 posts
52 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Howitzer1 wrote: I literally just signed up for a Roku account. I got to the page that asked for Paypal or CC info. I didn't see any way to skip it.

So I closed the tab, went back to Roku, and my account is fully accessible as far as I can tell. I just have this under payment:

Payment method
Add a payment method for purchases.

Doesn't look like I have to call in or give my info as others have suggested. You just have to interrupt the signup process they want you to go through :twisted:
That's how I set up mine after reading the advice of someone on this forum in a different post - close the tab, go back in and all good!
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
Even after the setup process you can go to “Update” under Payment Method and hit “Remove payment method”. No more CC info saved.
Jun 16, 2015
77 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Seems like a good deal.. Roku Ultra in Peterborough Costco $69.97. They have around 15 left in stock.
Images
  • IMG_20181130_103105.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
I still have a Roku 1 from 2013, it's good enough.