Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 5, 2004
70 posts
Toronto

Rolex Watches

Hello everyone,

Looking to buy a pair of NEW Rolex Watches for my parents anniversary.

I want to buy them really nice watches that are REAL and new buy want to know where the best place to go is to get a good deal.

I saw an old thread from 2009 but was wondering if there any new sources to buy watches.

Does Costco still have the option to ask their buyers?

Thanks!

PB
Share:
36 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9997 posts
962 upvotes
PeeBee wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2012 10:09 am
Hello everyone,

Looking to buy a pair of NEW Rolex Watches for my parents anniversary.

I want to buy them really nice watches that are REAL and new buy want to know where the best place to go is to get a good deal.

I saw an old thread from 2009 but was wondering if there any new sources to buy watches.

Does Costco still have the option to ask their buyers?

Thanks!

PB
Buying Rolex at Costco??
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1837 posts
236 upvotes
I got an email from teambuy or groupon or wagjag or something there were having a deal on Rolex watches. They were 8000 and the deal brought them down to like 6500 or something like that.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8145 posts
464 upvotes
typical 15% off is the most you'll get on Rolex. The very popular models are 0-5% off.
Good luck with your venture.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2127 posts
339 upvotes
the ones from Teambuy are pretty ugly
Jul 28, 2005
245 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Where are you located? If you happen to be in the GTA, you can visit Royal de Versatlilles on Bloor or La Difference Time centre at Times Square in Richmond Hill.

If you want to get them new and legit, always goto an authorized dealer, and you can locate them from the official Rolex website.
[OP]
Nov 5, 2004
70 posts
Toronto
I'm in the GTA. Thanks for the information. I will check them out.

Anyone know what kind of discount of list price one can expect? I can see that the margins on the watches are around 40%. Why is the max discount only 15%?
Jul 28, 2005
245 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
PeeBee wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2012 12:10 pm

Anyone know what kind of discount of list price one can expect? I can see that the margins on the watches are around 40%. Why is the max discount only 15%?
r1 pretty much nailed it. You shouldn't expect more than around 5% discount on their current line of products. They give next to zero discount in order to maintain their status and exclusivity in the market.

Any particular models you're after? What's your total budget for the pair of watches?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8145 posts
464 upvotes
cookieee wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2012 12:42 pm
r1 pretty much nailed it. You shouldn't expect more than around 5% discount on their current line of products. They give next to zero discount in order to maintain their status and exclusivity in the market.

Any particular models you're after? What's your total budget for the pair of watches?
right there.

Rolex will not hesitate to remove a dealer from their network. They have built a brand which has status. If a reseller is caught discounting beyond a set amount, they will lose their license. Trust me, lots of other retailers are waiting in the wings to get a hold of a Rolex license.

Omega has started to do the same.
Dec 25, 2009
408 posts
19 upvotes
PeeBee wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2012 12:10 pm

Because the popular models will sell easily at MSRP, they have no reason to give a discount to the ill informed consumer. Go to both locations mentioned by one of the posters here and negotiate. You will be happily surprised if you demonstrate how serious you are to buy if the price is right, and you are willing to make a deal the same day. Sales people see tire kickers all day, so they never offer the best deal to people that are just "Looking". If you are committed to buy, then you will recieve a good deal. good luck!
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1089 posts
622 upvotes
Hamilton
Try a 'Grey' dealer, they are more open to negotiation then an AD.

You will see a smaller discount on SS Submariner or GMT models than a gold/platinum Day-Date or Datejust model.
[OP]
Nov 5, 2004
70 posts
Toronto
Thanks for the overwhelming response.

I am looking for the following two watches:
118238 With champagne dial and diamonds
178158 with champagne dial and diamonds

Going to try calling/visiting the two places listed above....thanks for the feedback!
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1373 posts
661 upvotes
North York
PeeBee wrote:
Oct 4th, 2012 1:25 pm
Thanks for the overwhelming response.

I am looking for the following two watches:
118238 With champagne dial and diamonds
178158 with champagne dial and diamonds

Going to try calling/visiting the two places listed above....thanks for the feedback!
Full gold with diamond...very nice. For spending $50000+....ask for more discounts! Try to get 20 percent off....
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1089 posts
622 upvotes
Hamilton
The MSRP of these to watches is going to be well over $80k. Do you really have that amount of money lying around for an anniversary present?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1692 posts
217 upvotes
for that money there are better choices :D
Wedding & Child Photographer ~ happily photographing