• Jan 4th, 2019 2:23 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 7, 2009
574 posts
190 upvotes
PeeBee wrote:
Oct 4th, 2012 5:02 pm
I recognize that it's a lot of money. However, my parents were immigrants to Canada and have done a lot for me over my life to allow me to get to where I am today. I feel as though I owe it to them. My dad has always wanted a Rolex, but never bothered to buy one for himself always putting the family first. That's why I am buying these two watches.

I tried calling Versailles and didn't really get anywhere. Best quote I have is 68k taxes in so far.

Are these things cheaper if I buy them in the US or St. Marten or something? I'm sure my wife would love to go on a cruise while we are down there buying watches.
If your parents are like most immigrants (like mine), they would call you stupid for paying 68K for two watches.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2006
1736 posts
327 upvotes
Since your going on a all out spending spree can you throw in a extra 10 and get me a DJ2 116333 please?
Oct 2, 2011
972 posts
573 upvotes
Vancouver
r1lee wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 9:03 am
I commend you on giving your parents something they have always longed for. But from my experience, this never materializes. People throw around xx,xxxx numbers all the time, but when it actually comes down to actually having to fork out the money ($100,000+ before income taxes) I've seen 99% of people pull back and buy something cheaper.

$65k for two roley's is nothing when you're just looking at numbers on paper or a computer screen. Honestly I doubt you'll even do it, you're on here posting about saving a couple of percentage points? Willing to travel to the islands just to do this? Thats just my honest opinion, and I'll apologize if I'm wrong. But don't pretend to be a Baller, most people who seem like ballers have no money.
+1. Did OP purchase them? Real pictures or BS
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12460 posts
8638 upvotes
Richmond Hill
wow narco thread lol

Don't understand the hate. If one has the means so be it. Some people smoke and drink daily and literally piss away money lol

Most of the hate stems from jealousy...
May 17, 2004
734 posts
54 upvotes
Anyone have recent experience with buying from Rolex AD lately?
I am looking to buy a Submariner. What discounts are available this time of year?
Heatware:
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=32192

Ebay:
Over 100 Feedback under "techtoys2002"
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12460 posts
8638 upvotes
Richmond Hill
big_willy wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 12:09 pm
Anyone have recent experience with buying from Rolex AD lately?
I am looking to buy a Submariner. What discounts are available this time of year?
Discount? Never mind discounts, good luck even finding one.