• Jan 1st, 2018 11:23 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 8, 2013
75 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal

Romanceplaza.com - too good to be true?

I was very suspicious, but I wasn't able to resist my greed and ordered a Giga 5 from http://romanceplaza.com

Now I can track my order, but actually don't have real hope to get this awesome coffee maker for 1/20 of the market price.

Any advice how long I have to wait before I claim fraud on MasterCard? Actually I never did that and I have no idea how to proceed.
Images
  • Screenshot_20171126-074124.png
39 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4046 posts
1365 upvotes
I’d probably wait until after you get the coffee maker and after that you see that it’s not genuine and after the company tries to resolve the issue before you start claiming fraud
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
[OP]
Sep 8, 2013
75 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal
But how long I can wait for the delivery before it's too late for claim? I don't believe I'll receive anything.

This is not PayPal, but MasterCard.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4046 posts
1365 upvotes
zemonti wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 8:08 am
But how long I can wait for the delivery before it's too late for claim? I don't believe I'll receive anything.

This is not PayPal, but MasterCard.
You’ve got to wait a reasonable amount of time. If it’s being shipped from China I’d expect to wait a month before MasterCard even considers any sort of claim
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
[OP]
Sep 8, 2013
75 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal
Do you know that for fact, or just assuming?

I don't know after how long MasterCard is transferring the money to the seller. After this moment everything is lost.

And if you see the attached picture you'll see that the shipment is from Chicago.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4046 posts
1365 upvotes
zemonti wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 10:29 am
Do you know that for fact, or just assuming?

I don't know after how long MasterCard is transferring the money to the seller. After this moment everything is lost.

And if you see the attached picture you'll see that the shipment is from Chicago.
What did Mastercard say when you contacted them?
[OP]
Sep 8, 2013
75 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal
Oh!

You think you are funny.

Bye
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4046 posts
1365 upvotes
zemonti wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 10:37 am
Oh!

You think you are funny.

Bye
Seriously, if you’re that worried about losing your 32$ for your fake coffee maker then you should be contacting MasterCard instead of posting on a deals forum
Sep 30, 2015
251 posts
268 upvotes
East York, ON
That website was registered earlier this month by someone in China.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30078 posts
4789 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Gallifrey wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 11:00 am
That website was registered earlier this month by someone in China.
That’s obvious, the grammar is terrible.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14977 posts
7341 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
zemonti wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 7:45 am
I was very suspicious, but I wasn't able to resist my greed and ordered a Giga 5 from http://romanceplaza.com

Now I can track my order, but actually don't have real hope to get this awesome coffee maker for 1/20 of the market price.

Any advice how long I have to wait before I claim fraud on MasterCard? Actually I never did that and I have no idea how to proceed.
Or "Miele Coffee Nespresso Machine $3,999.00$139.99" :facepalm:

1. You need to learn to resist the temptation to jump on deals that sound wwwaaayyy too good to be true. Because they always are.

2. Call MC ASAP and ask them how to proceed. I suspect that they'll cancel the transaction ASAP.

3. A blatant give-away that this is indeed fraudulent is in the image you posted. Note the tracking URL is the vendor's site. That means they can just as easily make up the tracking history as they can make up the offers. Note too that it took 5 days for the courier to get your item to the airport in Chicago. That doesn't sound plausible in the US. Now it shows a "Delay." I'll bet that's an intentional, um. delaying tactic.

4. Check Return & Exchange Policy. Note the use of Gmail addresses. Why would a legitimate seller rely on cryptic Gmail addresses when they have their own domain? And why would a store that sells coffee makers have a domain named "romanceplaza.com"? Note also that returns are allowed only "within 30 days after your order is received" (not shipped as is the practice at reputable sellers.) See my comment in 3. about delaying tactics.
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
Sep 8, 2013
75 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal
Yeah

My purchase was for $178 and my surprise was that whenever I chose 4 years warranty plan they didn't charge me for that at all.
Images
  • Screenshot_20171117-093207.png
  • Screenshot_20171117-093150.png
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4046 posts
1365 upvotes
Sorry op, but this is hilarious