• Apr 2nd, 2013 6:42 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 8, 2011
521 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto

[Rona] Rona 15% off - November 10th

If you missed the VIP sale last weekend Rona is doing their 15% off sale again this Saturday November 10th. Match to your hearts content at HD and Lowes (YMMV)..

http://www.rona.ca/en/deals-promotions

Consumers will save 15% on one product of their choice per transaction, per family, per person, per day. Limit of 15 units of the same product (same product code).
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9221 posts
643 upvotes
does it include items already on sale??

sorry, never shopped at Rona but i'm doing my basement
[OP]
Jan 8, 2011
521 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
kingofwale wrote:
Nov 8th, 2012 3:34 am
does it include items already on sale??

sorry, never shopped at Rona but i'm doing my basement
For the most part yes..

Cannot be combined with any other offer, but applies to products already on sale in the flyer (except for ‘’Steal of a deal’’ offers and category rebates). Some conditions apply. Details in store.

Last week I was even able to stack this deal on top of the Lowes 20% off tool sale on price match (YMMV).
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2006
4635 posts
827 upvotes
You best bet would typically be to take the coupon and go to HD to do the price match for two reasons:

1. I've found that typically (not always) HD has better prices to start off with than Rona so by using the coupon at HD, the savings are by far better.
2. If you are lucky, HD will do a price match on the product you are using the coupon on which will get you an additional 10% off the matched price!
Apr 19, 2012
148 posts
49 upvotes
GATINEAU
I'm looking at putting hardwood/bamboo flooring at my place and though this could be a good deal.
Uberhaus Bamboo flooring reg. 2.99$/sqf with 33% sale to make it 2$/sqf and stack the 15% coupon for a final price of 1.70$/sqf.

Was wondering if anyone has seen the quality of this product. I'm a little worried as I read that you don't want to go cheap on bamboo flooring. Not too familiar with this Uberhaus brand.
Dec 27, 2006
595 posts
36 upvotes
Cheap.......save your money.
badaboom05 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2012 12:18 pm
I'm looking at putting hardwood/bamboo flooring at my place and though this could be a good deal.
Uberhaus Bamboo flooring reg. 2.99$/sqf with 33% sale to make it 2$/sqf and stack the 15% coupon for a final price of 1.70$/sqf.

Was wondering if anyone has seen the quality of this product. I'm a little worried as I read that you don't want to go cheap on bamboo flooring. Not too familiar with this Uberhaus brand.
May 23, 2006
529 posts
52 upvotes
Does anyone know if Rona in Ontario sells the spray foam insulation kits (not the small cans, the larger 200 board ft versions of the stuff)?
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
10272 posts
1148 upvotes
Markham
cdooer wrote:
Nov 8th, 2012 3:50 pm
Does anyone know if Rona in Ontario sells the spray foam insulation kits (not the small cans, the larger 200 board ft versions of the stuff)?
if they don't go to Lowe's and get them to price match 15% off
64TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 48TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
32TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2012 Essentials
11TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2012 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro / 6TB HP Mediasmart EX 485
Apr 24, 2004
253 posts
14 upvotes
craftsman wrote:
Nov 8th, 2012 5:51 am
You best bet would typically be to take the coupon and go to HD to do the price match for two reasons:

1. I've found that typically (not always) HD has better prices to start off with than Rona so by using the coupon at HD, the savings are by far better.
2. If you are lucky, HD will do a price match on the product you are using the coupon on which will get you an additional 10% off the matched price!

Is this possible with this Nov 10th deal which is a flyer promotion as opposed to last weeks deal which was an actual printable coupon? Do I just bring the flyer into home depot to ask for a price match?
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
10998 posts
868 upvotes
Kanata
Keigotw wrote:
Nov 8th, 2012 3:55 pm
if they don't go to Lowe's and get them to price match 15% off
A definite YMMV with this. I was accepted twice and denied once by Lowe's to match Rona's coupons.
Khryn wrote:
Nov 8th, 2012 5:47 pm
Is this possible with this Nov 10th deal which is a flyer promotion as opposed to last weeks deal which was an actual printable coupon? Do I just bring the flyer into home depot to ask for a price match?
Yes, bring the flyer in with you so they can see it. That's all you should need.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1224 posts
243 upvotes
Is there no coupon this week? Just 15% anything without a coupon?
[OP]
Jan 8, 2011
521 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
vittycent wrote:
Nov 8th, 2012 5:59 pm
Is there no coupon this week? Just 15% anything without a coupon?
Correct - just tell the cashier what item you want the 15% discount to be applied to.
Sep 23, 2007
126 posts
29 upvotes
badaboom05 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2012 12:18 pm

I have this bamboo installed in my family room and living/dining room and it is nice. If you have kids or dogs I would not recommended it as they will scratch it up fairly quickly. Either way for the price you are getting a good product. If you are really concerned then I would recommend you spend the extra money.
Nov 23, 2010
53 posts
3 upvotes
There's ash hardwood (or was it birch?) hardwood flooring for $2.19 sq/ft at my Home Depot in Cobourg. Either way, much nicer than bamboo IMHO (although less environmentally friendly). Use the 15% off price match on Saturday for a killer deal! ...assuming your HD has the same product.

Just bought this $350 Ridgid table saw last weekend. Hoping it's still on sale Saturday for an additional 15% off. Thanks Op!
Apr 19, 2012
148 posts
49 upvotes
GATINEAU
jbline00 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2012 7:18 pm
I have this bamboo installed in my family room and living/dining room and it is nice. If you have kids or dogs I would not recommended it as they will scratch it up fairly quickly. Either way for the price you are getting a good product. If you are really concerned then I would recommend you spend the extra money.
I do have kids (actually a toddler and baby#2 on the way) and I'm planning on installing this bamboo on the whole 2nd floor except for bathrooms. Kids will have their playroom in the basement so basically, there shouldn't be much abuse on the floor. I guess this flooring could do the trick for us.
× < >