Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona

$34.99 Hyloft 48-inch Garage Wall Tire Rack

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2019 6:27 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes

[Rona] $34.99 Hyloft 48-inch Garage Wall Tire Rack

Since many are flipping tires from winter ones, starting April 18th, Rona has the Hyloft Tire Rack on sale for $34.99 down from $70.
https://www.rona.ca/en/folding-wall-rac ... s-02335426

MIght be able to PM at HD which is selling it for $55 or wait till the weekend to save the tax at Rona.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/hyloft ... 1000727724

Again, starts April 18th. Website is not showing the discounted price at the moment but it is listed in their flyer.
79 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON
Thx OP
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2835 posts
2772 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought these from Rona for $32 each last April - they were really easy to put up and now I have extra space under them to store, e.g., the trampoline all winter:
Images
  • upload.jpg
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11723 posts
4919 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
Showing $28.49 down from $56.99 here.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2835 posts
2772 upvotes
Ottawa
bug wrote: Showing $28.49 down from $56.99 here.
It changes for me when I change my store - I get $34.99 at one local store and $28.49 at another. But both let me put it in my cart with free parcel shipping.

Are they shipping to you directly from the store? If you click around until you find a store with a cheaper price - do you risk that store not having it in stock, and having your order canceled? I don't know how Rona does things...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Trustworthy enough to mount on top of the car?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2835 posts
2772 upvotes
Ottawa
rugerty100 wrote: Trustworthy enough to mount on top of the car?
I have no answers for you, but I do have questions - namely, how and why would you do that?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
cappaj wrote: I have no answers for you, but I do have questions - namely, how and why would you do that?
Haha, I meant is it trustworthy enough to mount in the garage over where the car would usually be parked.

No other empty spot left in the garage to mount this rack with two cars parked in a two car garage.
Dec 1, 2006
953 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
rugerty100 wrote: Haha, I meant is it trustworthy enough to mount in the garage over where the car would usually be parked.

No other empty spot left in the garage to mount this rack with two cars parked in a two car garage.
I've had mine for the last three seasons and its still holding up strong with 18" tires with rims on it.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2835 posts
2772 upvotes
Ottawa
rugerty100 wrote: Haha, I meant is it trustworthy enough to mount in the garage over where the car would usually be parked.

Haha okay that makes sense. I've only had mine for 6 months but so far they're holding up well.
Jul 16, 2018
4 posts
cappaj wrote: It changes for me when I change my store - I get $34.99 at one local store and $28.49 at another. But both let me put it in my cart with free parcel shipping.

Are they shipping to you directly from the store? If you click around until you find a store with a cheaper price - do you risk that store not having it in stock, and having your order canceled? I don't know how Rona does things...
Which store location?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
For those curious, I have the Canadian Tire version of this. They are all pretty much the same. I have them mounted closer to the ceiling with 16inch tires on rims. Seems sturdy enough.
Nov 14, 2013
498 posts
160 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario

I had mine for 4 years. As long as they on studs, it should be no problem
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: Trustworthy enough to mount on top of the car?
If these are like the Canadian Tire version (I believe they are), I have them mounted closer to the ceiling and they seem sturdy. I could have mounted them lower but I needed the floor space for additional storage. A huge pain to get the tires up there though, so if you do that, make sure you are capable of lifting it, or install a hook in the ceiling and use a block and tackle hoist to lift them up. I considered doing that, I might get around to it this year.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton
How do you lift the tires onto the rack? Tires with rims are too heavy to lift over my head.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3748 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary
Dsidhu wrote: I had mine for 4 years. As long as they on studs, it should be no problem
Yup, installed properly, they are very sturdy. I do a quick inspection on the rack though every time I swap tires.
cheapmeister wrote: How do you lift the tires onto the rack? Tires with rims are too heavy to lift over my head.
Try using a step ladder or stool. Make sure the ladder or stool can hold the weight of you and the tire. In my case, the rack is mounted closer to the ceiling so I have to climb a 6' ladder while holding a tire.
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
I tried them, but stuck out to far when walking around a vehicle. And any area that is near the ceiling is shelving or cupboards. They were easy to install and worked well, but after a few days of dodging them, had to remove them
Last edited by WikkiWikki on Apr 18th, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
cheapmeister wrote: How do you lift the tires onto the rack? Tires with rims are too heavy to lift over my head.
A step ladder or a stool might work but you need to have good balance. You don't want to fall while carrying 50lbs of tire.

I considered using a block and tackle hoist mounted to the ceiling last year, but got lazy. I recommend that approach. You'll need to bolt a hook into the ceiling joists of your garage, and something like this to lift the tire overhead. Once it clears the rack, all you have to do is push it over and release. I'll probably try rigging this up this year to save my shoulders/back from any potential injury.
Dec 1, 2006
953 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Price matched at HD (online chat) for $25.641 + taxes.
Referenced the RONA with the $28.49 price and Oshawa Store 1279 Simcoe street N.Oshawa, Ontario, L1G 4X1

Please note after placing the order, it takes the order to show up on our system 5-7 minutes. When the order will come to our system I will reduce the amount manually. You will receive the 2nd email in between 2-3 hours with the title order modification.
Estimated Delivery Time 3 – 12 days

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)