Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona

Bosch 18V Freak Impact Driver Kit - 1/4" and 1/2" $79

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2019 3:33 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1419 posts
5713 upvotes
Van Isle

[Rona] Bosch 18V Freak Impact Driver Kit - 1/4" and 1/2" $79

Comes with 2amp/h batt and charger. A sweet price for a cordless wheel-nut changer. Should be able to handle all cars and some light trucks.
Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers
6 replies
Nov 21, 2007
183 posts
190 upvotes
Oakville
Great tool! I've had one for the last 2 years and love it.

Be aware that if your wheel nuts are tightened at over 100ft/lbs, this will not be able to remove them and you have to go around with a breaker bar first.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
2119 posts
763 upvotes
Thornhill
eband00 wrote: Great tool! I've had one for the last 2 years and love it.

Be aware that if your wheel nuts are tightened at over 100ft/lbs, this will not be able to remove them and you have to go around with a breaker bar first.
This is an impact driver not an impact wrench hence the breaker bar route. Once you break the nuts, any drill driver will take off lug nuts. Same with reinstall, you can fasten the lugs but you have to use a torque wrench to finish the job
Ahhh Papoy
Aug 3, 2012
504 posts
407 upvotes
AURORA
This is the 1600 in.lbs version, which is a lower cost brushed version of the original freak the IDH182. There is also a brushless -1800 version with 1800 in.lbs of torque.

I own the older IDH182 which also has 1600 in.lbs of torque and easily takes of wheel lugs torqued to 100 ft.lbs - after a winter on a vehicle. A larger 4Ah battery will improve the performance significantly.
Oct 28, 2012
117 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
FYI brushed version. THere is also a brushless, but will be more $
Nov 21, 2007
183 posts
190 upvotes
Oakville
homeowner72 wrote: This is the 1600 in.lbs version, which is a lower cost brushed version of the original freak the IDH182. There is also a brushless -1800 version with 1800 in.lbs of torque.

I own the older IDH182 which also has 1600 in.lbs of torque and easily takes of wheel lugs torqued to 100 ft.lbs - after a winter on a vehicle. A larger 4Ah battery will improve the performance significantly.
I have the brushless and it has trouble removing wheels nuts torqued to over 100ft/lbs. Breaker bar on my Volvo wheels but this is OK for the wife's Lexus wheel without the need of breaker bars. Perhaps I'm missing the 4ah battery to get those big ones off.

But then again, this is not a full fledged impact.. For its size and that price, it's does incredibly well!
Jul 6, 2002
719 posts
285 upvotes
Markham
Don't forget about Rakuten for 4% cashback!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)