Home & Garden

RONA Collection Digital Dead Bolt (Weiser)

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2012 5:13 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 9, 2007
2 posts
Grimsby

RONA Collection Digital Dead Bolt (Weiser)

I bought one of these and have installed it. It works perfectly, except it works in reverse. When I push the "lock" button, the dead bolt retracts and when I enter a UC to unlock the door, the dead bolt closes. The lock is factory set for a "right hand hinge" whereas I need it to be a "left hand hinge". The instructions say to change the "hand" you need to "insert 3 batteries, hold the lock button and insert the 4th battery" which sounds 3 beeps and a tone. I've tried this, and it doesn't change anything. It still works in reverse to what I need. What am I missing? I would appreciate any help I can get. I've tried talking to people in the store and at RONA head office without any result.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
4039 posts
156 upvotes
Etobicoke
Are you sure you wired the lock properly? Sounds like a couple of wires to the driving mechanism are reversed.
[OP]
Sep 9, 2007
2 posts
Grimsby
There's a ribbon wire connector (similar to what you find in computers) that has four wires. This connects the outside module that has the keypad to the inner module that has the motor. I've tried to reverse it, but there is only one way that it can go together. Thanks for the input.
Oct 30, 2010
5 posts
1 upvote
sqzebox wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2011 11:33 am
There's a ribbon wire connector (similar to what you find in computers) that has four wires. This connects the outside module that has the keypad to the inner module that has the motor. I've tried to reverse it, but there is only one way that it can go together. Thanks for the input.
I just bought the exact same lock and I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Did you find a solution??
Oct 30, 2010
5 posts
1 upvote
yotaman wrote:
Oct 30th, 2011 8:54 am
I just bought the exact same lock and I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Did you find a solution??
I decided to try aligning the interior lever so it was positioned in the center of it's rotation range (ie. I originally installed it with the lever rotated clockwise as far as it would go). When I replaced the batteries and held the lock button when the final battery was installed it successfully then completed "the automatic-bolt direction determination" sequence. I assume it needs to try and turn the bolt both left and right and when it couldn't turn at all in one direction the process fails...oddly though it still plays the little "confirming melody" when it fails.
Oct 29, 2011
1 posts
CALGARY
sqzebox wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2011 12:12 am
I bought one of these and have installed it. It works perfectly, except it works in reverse. When I push the "lock" button, the dead bolt retracts and when I enter a UC to unlock the door, the dead bolt closes. The lock is factory set for a "right hand hinge" whereas I need it to be a "left hand hinge". The instructions say to change the "hand" you need to "insert 3 batteries, hold the lock button and insert the 4th battery" which sounds 3 beeps and a tone. I've tried this, and it doesn't change anything. It still works in reverse to what I need. What am I missing? I would appreciate any help I can get. I've tried talking to people in the store and at RONA head office without any result.
I installed this lock last week. It works great. On the back of the receiver Module there is a small recessed switch marked L - R. I needed to use the tip of a pen to switch it but it needs to be set to the correct door swing for the lock to work properly. Hope this helps
Nov 7, 2006
3 posts
Keeptryin wrote:
Oct 30th, 2011 7:13 pm
I installed this lock last week. It works great. On the back of the receiver Module there is a small recessed switch marked L - R. I needed to use the tip of a pen to switch it but it needs to be set to the correct door swing for the lock to work properly. Hope this helps

I can't find this switch... the reciever module only has a circuit board, is the switch on the circuit board ?
Mar 6, 2007
950 posts
59 upvotes
Hmm man.. this sucks. I have a weiser electronic lock and it figured out the handiness of the doorway automatically. I never thought that something this basic should be this hard :(
May 4, 2012
1 posts
GATINEAU
I just completed the installation of the Rona Collection deadbolt and like other respondants it worked reversly.
By placing the flat bar upward(half way in the middle) and attach the assembly inside, then insert 3 batteries, push the lock button,insert the 4th battery and the lock automaticaly found the right way.
Now it is working like a charm.
Why they don't give us some troubleshoot solutions with the instructions?
× < >