Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona

Dewalt DW272 Drywall screw gun $37.25

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2018 5:27 pm
Apr 8, 2013
393 posts
198 upvotes
Ottawa

[Rona] Dewalt DW272 Drywall screw gun $37.25

Great deal on a good quality corded drywall gun. Possible PM @ HD (currently priced at $119 at HD - https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.4000 ... 12612.html)
Images
  • Untitled.jpg
Last edited by takeoff1212 on Dec 5th, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beauty, eh?
53 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2483 posts
284 upvotes
do they make these cordless? Wonder if that be better for doing dry-wall.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2008
1655 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
That is cheap!

a dedicated Drywall gun will speed up hanging drywall considerably but not a must have. It does make it alot easier and less likely you will overdrive screws.
Apr 8, 2013
393 posts
198 upvotes
Ottawa
reggyDeal wrote: do they make these cordless? Wonder if that be better for doing dry-wall.
they do. I've had the 20v cordless for a while. Although these are job specific tools, I've discovered that it speeds up the job a considerable amount, especially when hanging drywall overhead yourself. I would recommend anyone buying this if they are working on a project with anymore than 4 sheets of drywall, you will be thankful you did.
RockiestMountains wrote: Coming up at $89.40 for me? Which store has the cheaper price?
I found this at the HuntClub rd Rona in Ottawa. Seems you can add it to your cart at that price too. Currently 18 in stock.
Last edited by takeoff1212 on Dec 5th, 2018 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beauty, eh?
Nov 28, 2011
398 posts
480 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Killer price for those doing a large drywall project.
Sep 25, 2013
34 posts
2 upvotes
TROIS-RIVIERES
Showing at 32.25$ for me bought one thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4417 posts
11411 upvotes
Quebec
scordi1 wrote: Showing at 32.25$ for me bought one thanks!
Same here!!! Thx OP

With this shop:

L'entrepôt RONA Québec
1500, Bouvier
Québec, Québec, G2K 1N8
Tél. : (418) 622-6555
Last edited by isrdum on Dec 5th, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2808 posts
940 upvotes
Newmarket
Some crazy good deals, if the orders stay.
Went to Markham location this morning but there wasn't anything that picked my interest.

Just placed an order at the Scarborough location for drywall gun (have one used but not sure if still working, will be doing lots of drywall over next few months) dewalt radio and sawhorse for something like $100 bucks.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4236 posts
1819 upvotes
, ON
I am tempted but I don't think this tool is something that people have it around for "just in case" situation. I don't know when I will be needing to install drywall myself. Are there any other use for this gun other than to hang drywal?
Apr 12, 2004
145 posts
56 upvotes
Montreal
anotherbargainhunter wrote: I am tempted but I don't think this tool is something that people have it around for "just in case" situation. I don't know when I will be needing to install drywall myself. Are there any other use for this gun other than to hang drywal?
I was asking myself the same thing... but bought one anyways. Funny how you think about something till you need it. Bought a pancake compressor a few years back via a RFD deal - didn't need it at the time but years later it's proved useful!

For anyone looking in the Montreal area, seems like the Rona Entrepots are the locations where the sale is on (St. Charles in the West Island, Leduc location on the south shore). Happy hunting!
Apr 8, 2013
393 posts
198 upvotes
Ottawa
synbest wrote: This thing is useless. I'd rather buy a drywall set bit for $4.

https://www.rona.ca/en/drywall-screw-se ... EhEALw_wcB
brghunter wrote: Why not save a pile of money (while not having a usage-specific tool collecting dust) and buy a drywall bit.

https://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-DW2014B3-D ... B003NFI7E0

Edit: @synbest beat me to it :(
those are great for small applications.
The useful part of this job specific drill is the clutch in the chuck. This drill has a trigger lock, max speed lock it in place and away you go. The clutch engages and disengages with pressure on the chuck from pushing a screw into the wall, and disengages once the screw has been set to the proper depth. The bit will stop turning once it has reached the appropriate depth into the drywall. With the bit no longer spinning, you can easily set another screw onto the magnetized bit end and continue working.

Again, this is a specialty tool, not everyone will find a need for this. Those whom have hung drywall overhead with one hand will understand the need for one of these and see the value in owning one, not everyone will.

anotherbargainhunter wrote: I am tempted but I don't think this tool is something that people have it around for "just in case" situation. I don't know when I will be needing to install drywall myself. Are there any other use for this gun other than to hang drywal?
not really. Ive seen these drills used for subfloor drilling applications with auto feeders, but again a pretty specific application.
Beauty, eh?
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1126 posts
1793 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
takeoff1212 wrote: <bunch of good info about this tool>
All valid arguments, but I'm betting 99% of the people reading this thread would be better served with a bit (that is widely available, and can be used with any drill) instead of a far more expensive corded specialty tool that they'll likely only use once.

Even for installers, I'm betting they wouldn't touch corded. I'm not saying this isn't a good tool, just that most people should look at the other options.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2311 posts
907 upvotes
Montreal
brghunter wrote: All valid arguments, but I'm betting 99% of the people reading this thread would be better served with a bit (that is widely available, and can be used with any drill) instead of a far more expensive corded specialty tool that they'll likely only use once.

Even for installers, I'm betting they wouldn't touch corded. I'm not saying this isn't a good tool, just that most people should look at the other options.
I was about to buy one, but I went with the same thought process as you...
I don't hang drywall often enough to justify keeping this tool around. Also the fact that it is corded is an annoyance. I'd rather use my battery powered impact driver.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2975 upvotes
Calgary
during my basement project, the handyman I worked with had one of these dewalt magazine screw loaders & I gotta say, ITS DA BOMB! match this with your drywall gun & its an unbeatable combo for quick painless drywalling.
May 28, 2017
121 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver
For people in BC, sale price is available when selecting the below location:

RONA North Vancouver (Park & Tilford)
1160 East 3rd
North Vancouver, British Columbia, V7J 1B8
Phone: (604) 984-1892

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)