Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona

Dewalt DW272 Drywall screw gun $37.25

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2018 5:27 pm
Jan 29, 2004
254 posts
204 upvotes
Mcnicoll and Midland has about 10 left If anyone’s still looking
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2622 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
reggyDeal wrote: Does HD PM, clearance items?
The official policy says that they do not. I was told this by a manager after she approved the PM. HD just matched, not 10% less, but who cares at this price.

Definitely YMMV.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
Cordless defeats the purpose of this tool. If you’re hanging a few sheets get a driver and bit. That way you have a multi purpose tool for later. If you’re hanging a lot of sheets, get a cordless drywall gun. There’s no reason to buy this.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
I’d rather have corded so that I don’t have the weight of the battery. It gets tiring. Same reason to not use the drywall bit in a regular 18V drill. One of those mini 12V drills may work, although I haven’t tried it myself.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Jan 14, 2017
300 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
Used this to hang drywall for my entire house during my reno. Sure the wire is a bit cumbersome but it wouldn't be enough to put me off from buying this. It's a great tool and does what it's supposed to do at a very fair price.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1198 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
herd these are crap from people that work with drywall, just a heads up.
Nov 6, 2003
368 posts
165 upvotes
Oakville, ON
drumboz79 wrote: herd these are crap from people that work with drywall, just a heads up.
Do you work in the industry or were you reading online reviews? For professional drywallers I would guess that many would consider this slightly underpowered. For those users, speed is vital and when you are drilling 1000's of these nails a day, these small differences in performance matter.

For DIYers, this tool is a no brainer, especially at this price. If you want to attach drywall properly, a drywall screw is the best way to go. Using a drill/impact drill with a bit is not recommended as it's much harder to control depth which is critical when handing drywall and the reason the pros use drywall guns.

For myself, I needed one for my garage, my basement (when I get around to that job!) and general drywall repairs. I would have paid the full price of this tool to make sure the nails were set correctly so getting it at this price is fantastic.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2483 posts
284 upvotes
How do these guns control the depth? I assume going into wood studs in a non issue, do these also work on metal studs?
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2808 posts
940 upvotes
Newmarket
cypher wrote: Do you work in the industry or were you reading online reviews? For professional drywallers I would guess that many would consider this slightly underpowered. For those users, speed is vital and when you are drilling 1000's of these nails a day, these small differences in performance matter.

For DIYers, this tool is a no brainer, especially at this price. If you want to attach drywall properly, a drywall screw is the best way to go. Using a drill/impact drill with a bit is not recommended as it's much harder to control depth which is critical when handing drywall and the reason the pros use drywall guns.

For myself, I needed one for my garage, my basement (when I get around to that job!) and general drywall repairs. I would have paid the full price of this tool to make sure the nails were set correctly so getting it at this price is fantastic.
That's how I see it, if I were professional drywaller I would be getting the best tool possible, doesn't matter if it costs 10 or 20 times more, one job would cover it and then some. For DIY this should do, and at this price it's a no brainer.
Nov 6, 2003
368 posts
165 upvotes
Oakville, ON
reggyDeal wrote: How do these guns control the depth? I assume going into wood studs in a non issue, do these also work on metal studs?
There is a depth gauge setting at the front of the gun that allows you to control how deep the nail is driven into the drywall. The following review shows you how the depth is changed...

I believe these drywall guns are ok for metal studs as long as you have the right fastener.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
Using same model for my basement reno, one time setting it up testing on a scrap drywall, and until now "25 drywalls later" it never gave me a single issue.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Jan 14, 2017
300 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
reggyDeal wrote: How do these guns control the depth? I assume going into wood studs in a non issue, do these also work on metal studs?
Used this on the basement ceiling fastening drywall to resilient channel and it worked flawlessly.
Nov 10, 2014
37 posts
48 upvotes
Picked one of these up myself.
gr33nscr33n wrote: Used this on the basement ceiling fastening drywall to resilient channel and it worked flawlessly.
Do you happen to be doing clips and channel for sound proofing? If so, what screws did you use for the channel?
Jan 14, 2017
300 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
bigstink wrote: Picked one of these up myself.

Do you happen to be doing clips and channel for sound proofing? If so, what screws did you use for the channel?
For soundproofing i installed rockwool safe and sound in between joists them screwed the resilient channel to the joists using coarse thread drywall screws, then used 1 1/4" fine thread drywall screws to fix the drywall to the channel. Just be sure not to hit the joists when screwing in the drywall. Note that i used 5/8" drywall. For 1/2" drywall use 1" screws.