Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona

Get 15% in GC for $75+ spending this weekend

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2014 8:33 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2005
1328 posts
294 upvotes
Kanata

[Rona] Get 15% in GC for $75+ spending this weekend

Got the flyers early this week!

Rona is doing yet another 15% off in GC with $75 or more spending this Sat. and Sun. before noon. Time to PM HD (YMMV)!
19 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1964 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON
does anyone know if these coupons can be used with the 10% contractor discount? Building a deck this summer and a friend of mine has a contractor account with Rona.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2982 posts
2428 upvotes
Mississauga
MarvinMartian wrote: does anyone know if these coupons can be used with the 10% contractor discount? Building a deck this summer and a friend of mine has a contractor account with Rona.
they usually don't combine offers
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1582 upvotes
Sweet, need to buy some more Trex decking
Jan 3, 2011
275 posts
85 upvotes
Welland
Anyone have any luck with a HD in the Kitchener area pming this deal last time around? I want to buy my fencing wood and use the 18 month no payment if possible and get the 15 percent off asking with 10 percent off fence boards offered at Rona.
May 2, 2011
229 posts
47 upvotes
Can the GC be used right away on the purchase?

I want to buy a Weber One Touch and the Weber Rapidfire chimney.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5147 posts
1069 upvotes
anyone know if HD will PM this and just give you 15% off?
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
2170 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
akz wrote: anyone know if HD will PM this and just give you 15% off?
At least in my case- yes. I've been PMing HD and Lowes on every occasion.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1582 upvotes
Dragon120 wrote: At least in my case- yes. I've been PMing HD and Lowes on every occasion.
I got it for my wife for mothers day, although they were sold out they were doing rain checks. The 10% price match at HD wasnt worth the trip across the highway to me since I was buying a bunch of deck material at Rona anyway. Well at least i got $600 or so back in Gift cards
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7279 posts
1818 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
This works on BBQs? Also if you PM at HD do they give you the gift cards too or just take the discount?
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
2170 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
number8888 wrote: This works on BBQs? Also if you PM at HD do they give you the gift cards too or just take the discount?
% off but this offer has expired. This is the 3rd time this year that Rona has this offer- have taken advantage of it every single time on large purchase.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1064 posts
226 upvotes
number8888 wrote: This works on BBQs? Also if you PM at HD do they give you the gift cards too or just take the discount?
I was at my Home Depot on Saturday asking for the 15% match, but the cashier said since Rona offering cash back in gift card, so they are not able to do that. So they can offer the 15%
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1460 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
Went to Lowes and attempted to have them either give me 15% off my purchase or give me back 15% in gift cards.

Leonore, the manager at the Warden store, declined and was adamant that the price-matching policy recently changed. According to her, the only way to price-match a 15% in gift card sale like Rona's would be to actually purchase the items at Rona's and bring them back to Lowes along with the receipt and gift cards.

What an idiot.

Has anybody ever had issues like this when attempting to price-match at Lowes? Wonder if HD would be far less trouble?
Jan 8, 2011
678 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
I've used this at HD and Lowes many times before. Home Depot seems more liberal in matching though, that said, have not been denied at either.

Neither have given $ back in gift cards but rather take the 15% off before tax.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5147 posts
1069 upvotes
just an update got my entire purchase on Saturday afternoon for 15% off no GC. HD seems alot more lax in price matching than Rona/Lowes.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1064 posts
226 upvotes
Backlight wrote: I've used this at HD and Lowes many times before. Home Depot seems more liberal in matching though, that said, have not been denied at either.

Neither have given $ back in gift cards but rather take the 15% off before tax.
You were lucky in your area, it depends on which Home Depot you went, I got denied at my local Home depot in Victoria saying that they won't match that since they are in gift card.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
2170 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
Dealfinder111 wrote: You were lucky in your area, it depends on which Home Depot you went, I got denied at my local Home depot in Victoria saying that they won't match that since they are in gift card.
I swore I've read somewhere on HD website that clearly mentioned they will match gift card promotions but will adjust your total to match the % as opposed to giving you a gc. Will see if I have time to find it.
Jan 14, 2007
283 posts
44 upvotes
StratMangler wrote: Went to Lowes and attempted to have them either give me 15% off my purchase or give me back 15% in gift cards.

Leonore, the manager at the Warden store, declined and was adamant that the price-matching policy recently changed. According to her, the only way to price-match a 15% in gift card sale like Rona's would be to actually purchase the items at Rona's and bring them back to Lowes along with the receipt and gift cards.

What an idiot.

Has anybody ever had issues like this when attempting to price-match at Lowes? Wonder if HD would be far less trouble?
Lowes also refused to price match for me. The store manager said they would never pricematch that offer even though I have done it there in the past. I left behind a near $800 purchase including 2, 5 gallon pails of tinted paint. Went over to Home Depot and they gave me 15% off my purchase instead of GCs, so worked out very well.