Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona

[PRICEMATCH] B&D 12IN 20V Edge Trimmer LST400-1 - 79.97$ - 10% (Was 109$)

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2017 6:02 pm
May 18, 2010
103 posts
76 upvotes

[Rona] [PRICEMATCH] B&D 12IN 20V Edge Trimmer LST400-1 - 79.97$ - 10% (Was 109$)

For those searching for a battery Edge Trimmer, Home Depot currently has a deal on the Black & Decker LST400-1 @ 79.97$.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.tail ... 22569.html

RONA has the same model @ 109$ and their price match policy gives an additional 10% off.
https://www.rona.ca/en/12-in-cordless-t ... x-22465069

I successfully made the price match at Rona St-Eustache. I just grabbed one and went directly to the cashier and showed her the Home Depot page on my mobile. She verified that the model matched and that's it.
14 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15684 posts
7397 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought this trimmer two years ago from Lowes for the same price and I'm very happy with its performance. The battery is interchangeable with B&D's other 20v cordless power tools such as their hedge trimmer, circular saw and drills.
May 3, 2015
258 posts
128 upvotes
BC
The Rona website says it will match the competitors price, not an additional 10% off. Is it different across the country?
May 18, 2010
103 posts
76 upvotes
https://www.rona.ca/en/in-store-price-guarantee

Is the price of a product offered at a competitor lower than the price of the identical product at your local Rona store? Upon presentation of satisfactory proof and while respecting certain conditions, we will MEET the competitor price AND BEAT it by an additional 10%!
Apr 3, 2010
581 posts
845 upvotes
Quick question for anyone who knows. How well does the automatic feed work, and do you find the string feeding out too much? I read several reviews that said this system uses too much string or is unreliable, and I was thinking of going for one of the more expensive LSTE models, because they have a button which controls the string feed. Otherwise, this certainly seems like a very good price. Also, is it possible to refill the spool yourself using bulk string, or are you forced to buy B&D's expensive replacement spools?
Last edited by Hotdiggety on Apr 19th, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 3, 2015
258 posts
128 upvotes
BC
10% off must be Quebec only, because my BC postal code dosent show it.
Apr 3, 2010
581 posts
845 upvotes
Grahamk wrote: 10% off must be Quebec only, because my BC postal code dosent show it.
You're right, it does seem to be Quebec only. The 10% off shows up when I put in a Quebec postal code, but not for Ontario. Strange they should have differences of this sort between provinces.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13456 posts
12205 upvotes
Grahamk wrote: 10% off must be Quebec only, because my BC postal code dosent show it.
Hotdiggety wrote: You're right, it does seem to be Quebec only. The 10% off shows up when I put in a Quebec postal code, but not for Ontario. Strange they should have differences of this sort between provinces.
AB has price beat by 10%. I PM Rona Scotts fertilizer with HD price yesterday with 10% off HD price.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15684 posts
7397 upvotes
Toronto, ON
embguy wrote: AB has price beat by 10%. I PM Rona Scotts fertilizer with HD price yesterday with 10% off HD price.
ON also has price beat by 10%.
Jan 6, 2006
208 posts
82 upvotes
Nanaimo
BC Rona pricematched with additional 10% off. Tried it over the weekend, not too powerful and battery died quickly (didn't charge it before trying) fine for small yard and beats my dirty old two stroke weedeater. 90 day return at Rona if it isn't suitable.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3104 posts
1726 upvotes
Canada
Good to note that this comes with the 2 amp battery, which does not last as long. The Walmart link is for the much better 4 amp one....
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15684 posts
7397 upvotes
Toronto, ON
doa2 wrote: BC Rona pricematched with additional 10% off. Tried it over the weekend, not too powerful and battery died quickly (didn't charge it before trying) fine for small yard and beats my dirty old two stroke weedeater. 90 day return at Rona if it isn't suitable.
There's the problem right there...
Apr 3, 2010
581 posts
845 upvotes
Finally got this trimmer for 71.99 plus tax in Scarborough. The cashier wouldn't do the price-match, and the customer service desk insisted on calling Home Depot. Then they took even more time to see if they could give me the extra 10%. Anyway, I used it today, and I was surprised by how powerful it is. By comparison, my old Yardworks 24V barely tickled the grass. Did my whole yard, front and back, with no loss of power. The only thing I have reservations about, is the handle, which is straight in line with the shaft. I found that a bit uncomfortable, and I wish the handle had been at an angle to the shaft, like most other B&D trimmers. That said, for the price, I can live with it. Also, since I won't use it as an edger, I removed the wheel (2 screws), so I can get a clear view of what I'm trimming.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2243 posts
668 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Bought from Home Depot because I was already there and too lazy to drive to Rona. Notice the box has been opened before, but it's the last one. Take it home and it's broken in the box (screw for the edging wheel broken off).

End up going to Rona and buying one and getting pricematch+10% off. Return the one at Home Depot.

Thanks Redflagbama!