Expired Hot Deals

[Rona] Runfine One Piece Toilet $129

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 8:56 am
Dec 4, 2011
11 posts
The Lowe's is a 2 piece. Can't be compared. Do you have a comparable 1 piece. This price is too low .. makes me suspicious.
Mar 22, 2005
66 posts
43 upvotes
I bought one of these. So far seems like a decent toilet (definitely looks good) but more use is required to know.

Some random thoughts:
  • Installation can be a challenge. As an elongated one piece this thing is heavy (maybe 90+ pounds) which makes it a bit tough to handle (needed 2 people) especially given that...
  • The floor bolts are recessed so lining up is hard to do since you can't see them at all and tightening them can also be a challenge if the toilet is in a small space
  • This toilet takes up a fair bit of floor space so if the water supply is coming through the floor around 4 inches or more from the back wall it could be a bit tight (and might not fit)
Oct 28, 2005
251 posts
24 upvotes
Thanks OP - good timing as we are redoing a bathroom. Bought one.
"Jazz is not dead...it just smells funny."
- Frank Zappa
Mar 23, 2008
79 posts
20 upvotes
Halifax
$ 150 at NS / metro Halifax stores. Had to call around to find one. They said they couldn't find it for $ 129 in the system. Bought it anyway but odd and frustrating.
Dec 29, 2015
7 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP.
Bought 2, and insatlled one already. Looks good.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2063 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
J_u_n_i_o_r_3 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 8:58 am
I bought 3 of these remember to use

Ebates or GCR 2% + $10 for registering email.. If you purchased this before Saturday you could have also got the $25 off 100 visa promo..I bought 3 this way lol
I think your post is referring to the Lowes American Standard toilet. We are talking about the Rona Runfine toilet in this thread.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1139 posts
175 upvotes
GSD wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 9:42 am
I think your post is referring to the Lowes American Standard toilet. We are talking about the Rona Runfine toilet in this thread.
Sorry yup I am speaking about American Standard 3381516.020 EverClean™ Dual-Flush Elongated Watersense Toilet
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1097 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks tuzo_wilson for that rundown on your experience. Any experience or opinions on maintenance of this? I'm thinking of replacement parts like flapper, fill valve, etc. Are they standard and easy to get or proprietary?

I really like the look and price of this product but I know the American Standard is easy to maintain due to standard parts.
=============
Heatware
Oct 28, 2005
251 posts
24 upvotes
ara8599 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 9:25 am
Thanks OP.
Bought 2, and insatlled one already. Looks good.
How big is it with the packaging? Would it fit in the trunk of a mid/large wagon (2010 Audi A4 Avant)?
"Jazz is not dead...it just smells funny."
- Frank Zappa
Mar 22, 2005
66 posts
43 upvotes
CheapA$$ wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 11:39 am
How big is it with the packaging? Would it fit in the trunk of a mid/large wagon (2010 Audi A4 Avant)?
Packaging is minimal -- basically following the contours of the toilet but it does come up higher where the tank is. Not sure about an A4 Avant but it fit with no problems in my Subaru Forester (which I assume has a bit taller entrance space). I don't think the packaging says to orient in a specific way and you lay it on its side for installing the wax ring so laying it sideways might be an option and should fit.
Dec 1, 2007
560 posts
59 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Bought one for pickup in 2 hours. Talked it over w/ my plumber and contractor who said it should be fine. Need it for basement construction reno project that's currently ongoing.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1097 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
tuzo_wilson wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 3:47 am
I bought one of these. So far seems like a decent toilet (definitely looks good) but more use is required to know.

Some random thoughts:
  • Installation can be a challenge. As an elongated one piece this thing is heavy (maybe 90+ pounds) which makes it a bit tough to handle (needed 2 people) especially given that...
  • The floor bolts are recessed so lining up is hard to do since you can't see them at all and tightening them can also be a challenge if the toilet is in a small space
  • This toilet takes up a fair bit of floor space so if the water supply is coming through the floor around 4 inches or more from the back wall it could be a bit tight (and might not fit)
johnsmithy wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 10:40 am
Thanks tuzo_wilson for that rundown on your experience. Any experience or opinions on maintenance of this? I'm thinking of replacement parts like flapper, fill valve, etc. Are they standard and easy to get or proprietary?

I really like the look and price of this product but I know the American Standard is easy to maintain due to standard parts.
I bit the bullet and went for it. Ordered on line through AirmilesShop to get 108 airmiles which is worth more than $10. I'll have to take a look inside to see if the parts are easily servicable.

Apologies in advance for the squeamish but question for those who already have this installed, how large is the water spot? I.E. how much water is sitting in the bowl after a flush?

Small water spot: Image

Large water spot: Image
=============
Heatware
May 25, 2016
16 posts
I bought the American Standard from Loews last week which has great reviews. I can't really find any on this Runfine, but my research shows that a 1 piece is the new way to go and the 2 pieces are old technology that you should stay away from when buying a new toilet. Does anybody have an opinions on this?