• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 8:56 am
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
1740 posts
92 upvotes
vedder311 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 3:41 pm
I bought the American Standard from Loews last week which has great reviews. I can't really find any on this Runfine, but my research shows that a 1 piece is the new way to go and the 2 pieces are old technology that you should stay away from when buying a new toilet. Does anybody have an opinions on this?
Your 2-piece is obsolete. Remove them immediately and replace with this state of the art onesie
Jan 5, 2007
95 posts
27 upvotes
North York
These were on sale during the summer also, my mom bought three for her house, at first I was skeptical that they were 'crap' but they are very good, the only thing that is subpar is the rubberized floor ring they come with, pure garbage, buy yourself the tall wax floor ring.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1108 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
johnsmithy wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 3:20 pm
I bit the bullet and went for it. Ordered on line through AirmilesShop to get 108 airmiles which is worth more than $10. I'll have to take a look inside to see if the parts are easily servicable.
Well, my order got cancelled by the store because they sold out. Which I though might happen, however, when they called to inform me, they also said it would take 5-10 days to refund the credit card which I think is completely ridiculous. Anyway, just a warning to call the store ahead of time to make sure they have stock as the website stock is completely out of date.
=============
Heatware
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9217 posts
683 upvotes
Mississauga
Since you are the expert, can you please recommend the best toilet on the market for different budgets?
Comical wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 11:07 pm
Its a good toilet. The specs are good.
Round toilets are usually made smaller so their height sits at about 14 to 15 inches with the seat. You can special order higher round toilets.
Height is easier on the knees for older folks or people with knee problems.
MAP score of 900g is good. I think builder grade round toilets come in at 400 and thats on the higher end of the MAP score for them.
Elongated you got more aiming room if you stand and piss.
Other than that, check to see if the glaze extend into the bottom of the toilet and as far back as you can reach so toilet paper and fecies don't clog.
Check the rough in, 12" is standard.
Don't rmr if I am missing anything else.
I use to sell kitchen and bath when I was a student in Ottawa and did some home shows.
And I went to Uni for IT. Lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9217 posts
683 upvotes
Mississauga
Typically 1-piece toilets are more expensive, usually I've seen them $250+, but this is one exception here because on sale. My father likes 1-piece because there is less point of leakage than standard 2-piece, but it depends on your budget because you can get 2-piece for dirt cheap. And some 1-piece are usually physically larger.

But you can wait for Comical to reply as he is an expert, I'm no way an expert on toilets.
vedder311 wrote:
I bought the American Standard from Loews last week which has great reviews. I can't really find any on this Runfine, but my research shows that a 1 piece is the new way to go and the 2 pieces are old technology that you should stay away from when buying a new toilet. Does anybody have an opinions on this?
Jul 2, 2014
300 posts
61 upvotes
Maple, ON
radeonboy wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 5:15 pm
Typically 1-piece toilets are more expensive, usually I've seen them $250+, but this is one exception here because on sale. My father likes 1-piece because there is less point of leakage than standard 2-piece, but it depends on your budget because you can get 2-piece for dirt cheap. And some 1-piece are usually physically larger.

But you can wait for Comical to reply as he is an expert, I'm no way an expert on toilets.
I never said I was an expert. I was only laying out some info on what I thought would help others and what 80% of sellers will tell their customers. My history was only for some credibility if someone thought I was talking out of my ass. Unless they dug into the history of where the toilets are made and what brands are made in the same factories over in China, that is info not needed. I only ordered from Wolseley so I only know their catalog and the business's own house brand.

I sold em for 3 years and that was 6 years ago when I was still a student. I don't know what is best on the market and I don't even know whats out there on the market. A toilet is still just a toilet. I am feeling a bit of hostility from your reply. If I'm mistaken, then my bad. But if not, I am sorry that whatever I said offended you.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9217 posts
683 upvotes
Mississauga
No I said I consider you an expert because you have first hand experiences in the field. It was a compliment and serious response, I didn't put any sarcasm or green font in my reply to make fun of you in any way.

I'm sorry you felt any hostility, that was not how it was supposed to be taken. I guess these things get lost in translation on the internet.

I value your input because doesn't matter if you were/are a student, your input has weight because you were doing it for couple of years.
Comical wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 5:41 pm
I never said I was an expert. I was only laying out some info on what I thought would help others and what 80% of sellers will tell their customers. My history was only for some credibility if someone thought I was talking out of my ass. Unless they dug into the history of where the toilets are made and what brands are made in the same factories over in China, that is info not needed. I only ordered from Wolseley so I only know their catalog and the business's own house brand.

I sold em for 3 years and that was 6 years ago when I was still a student. I don't know what is best on the market and I don't even know whats out there on the market. A toilet is still just a toilet. I am feeling a bit of hostility from your reply. If I'm mistaken, then my bad. But if not, I am sorry that whatever I said offended you.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2063 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
Cheapest alternate one piece out there is the Costco Water Ridge toilet around $180

I am getting my basement reno'd so for me this is the best deal I could find out there esp. with 6% ebates cash back.

Still gotta pick mine up since I ordered it last Thursday
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
5245 posts
1248 upvotes
Moncton, NB
bkushner wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 10:33 pm
Round toilets are not good.
I'm sitting on one right now and they are good :)
Feb 3, 2012
68 posts
14 upvotes
T.O.
vedder311 wrote:
The one piece is primarily for aesthetics. the technology on the inside is the same. One positive is that you will not have any issues with leaking at the bolt screws that hold the water tank to the bowl since it's one piece.

For this price and MAP 900g or 1000g (if you search google by the product code) it's a no brainer. I installed it today and you certainly want another set of hands helping you position the toilet over the flange. Installing the seat/cover was a bit odd, but i should had read the instructions more carefully. The tank is not insulated so I'll check the condensation come summer. Looks nice and the solid waste flush looks and sounds similar to my AS Cadet 3. The real test is to come. My wife says it looks sleek and modern. I'm slightly disappointed that it didn't come with the toilet bolt cover that covered the side of the toilet as seen in the listing, instead it came with the same old bolt covers.
Dec 10, 2003
504 posts
4 upvotes
for regular price of $299 it looks cheaply made compared to other brands. It doesn't look like a $300 toilet at all.

is the consensus a great buy? good buy or no?
performance ? flushing power? Forget the MAP rating of 900.. based on your dumps....is it good?
Sep 9, 2005
169 posts
17 upvotes
I don't believe i seen it but is this toilet also chair height? or is it standard height (low)
Mar 22, 2005
66 posts
43 upvotes
johnsmithy wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 3:20 pm
Apologies in advance for the squeamish but question for those who already have this installed, how large is the water spot? I.E. how much water is sitting in the bowl after a flush?
It's on the larger side. I don't have any colouring but here you can (hopefully) see:

I did a flush test and solid waste and paper was sucked right down. Pretty impressive.
Last edited by tuzo_wilson on Nov 26th, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 7, 2008
308 posts
55 upvotes
Dam I payed $325 two days ago for a Kohler santa rosa toilet from Lowes.
I wish I got this for less than half the price.
Dec 10, 2003
504 posts
4 upvotes
tuzo_wilson wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 7:32 pm
It's on the larger side. I don't have any colouring but here you can (hopefully) see:

I did a flush test and solid waste and paper was sucked right down. Pretty impressive.
Thanks ordered

OOS damn they called
Last edited by josipm on Nov 26th, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.