[Rona] Runfine One Piece Toilet $129

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 8:56 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9197 posts
673 upvotes
Mississauga
In our home we have one of these, a 1-piece Water Ridge, from the previous home owners, the sticker doesn't have a model number, but this is the best toilet in the house. If we ever need to get a replacement toilet down the road, we'll definitely look at another Water Ridge costco toilet. Just my 2 cents
GSD wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 5:51 pm
Cheapest alternate one piece out there is the Costco Water Ridge toilet around $180

I am getting my basement reno'd so for me this is the best deal I could find out there esp. with 6% ebates cash back.

Still gotta pick mine up since I ordered it last Thursday
Mar 22, 2005
66 posts
43 upvotes
bel4_20 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 7:20 pm
I don't believe i seen it but is this toilet also chair height? or is it standard height (low)
It's chair height; the seat is 17" above the floor.
sputnik99112 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 5:55 pm
Installing the seat/cover was a bit odd, but i should had read the instructions more carefully.
Yes, the seat had me confused for a while. The instructions were a bit sparse. It wasn't clear initially that you first needed to separate the seat from the hinge before attaching.
johnsmithy wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 10:40 am
Any experience or opinions on maintenance of this? I'm thinking of replacement parts like flapper, fill valve, etc. Are they standard and easy to get or proprietary?
I'm not sure what parts they are but they *look* similar to other parts. e.g. the fill valve looks very close to a Fluidmaster Performax Fill Valve. For small fixes not sure you can get parts but I'm hopeful if there are any problems (and no original parts can be found) that you can just swap out one of the 3 mechanisms entirely with another one (fill valve, flush valve, flush buttons).
Sep 9, 2005
169 posts
17 upvotes
tuzo_wilson wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 12:53 am
It's chair height; the seat is 17" above the floor.

Yes, the seat had me confused for a while. The instructions were a bit sparse. It wasn't clear initially that you first needed to separate the seat from the hinge before attaching.

I'm not sure what parts they are but they *look* similar to other parts. e.g. the fill valve looks very close to a Fluidmaster Performax Fill Valve. For small fixes not sure you can get parts but I'm hopeful if there are any problems (and no original parts can be found) that you can just swap out one of the 3 mechanisms entirely with another one (fill valve, flush valve, flush buttons).
Thanks @tuzo_wilson I guess it can't be any worse than the Costco one piece toilet I'm going to go pick one up tonight.
Dec 13, 2014
29 posts
2 upvotes
Laval, QC
CheapA$$ wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 11:39 am
How big is it with the packaging? Would it fit in the trunk of a mid/large wagon (2010 Audi A4 Avant)?
Fitted on the back seat of a corolla, through the door easily
Mar 19, 2003
477 posts
84 upvotes
I ordered on Saturday, and now got a cancellation email. Not pleased as there was more than enough stock at the time.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1096 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
dablackgoku1234 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:57 am
I ordered on Saturday, and now got a cancellation email. Not pleased as there was more than enough stock at the time.
Note: your credit card was likely charged as well. It will take up to 10 days for a refund according to the customer rep. who called me from the pickup location.

Curious, anyone know if this is allowed? Charging for a product when it is out of stock and cancelled? I don't think I've experienced this from any other online store. Usually they don't charge the credit card until the order has been filled or shipped.
=============
Heatware
Feb 12, 2006
599 posts
37 upvotes
I have toilet from Costco and Rona in my new house. Hands down, one from Costco is better.
Good insults are hard to find. Why waste them on someone you don't like.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2063 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
johnsmithy wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 1:38 pm
Note: your credit card was likely charged as well. It will take up to 10 days for a refund according to the customer rep. who called me from the pickup location.

Curious, anyone know if this is allowed? Charging for a product when it is out of stock and cancelled? I don't think I've experienced this from any other online store. Usually they don't charge the credit card until the order has been filled or shipped.
I ordered mine at 7:00am last Thursday, order was fulfilled at 7:15am and today I get a call that the toilet is sold out and we have an alternate toliet or I can have my money back? Really, so they look in the back and my toilet is still waiting for me!
Mar 12, 2008
469 posts
54 upvotes
james-007 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 1:52 pm
I have toilet from Costco and Rona in my new house. Hands down, one from Costco is better.
+1 been using this Costco one for couple of years now and perfect no issues at all. I bought one more last month (2 piece toilet) and paid $99 with dual flush. For me if I need a toilet I would go Costco for sure........
Oct 28, 2005
251 posts
24 upvotes
tuzo_wilson wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 1:32 pm
Packaging is minimal -- basically following the contours of the toilet but it does come up higher where the tank is. Not sure about an A4 Avant but it fit with no problems in my Subaru Forester (which I assume has a bit taller entrance space). I don't think the packaging says to orient in a specific way and you lay it on its side for installing the wax ring so laying it sideways might be an option and should fit.
vlad1982 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 5:50 pm
Fitted on the back seat of a corolla, through the door easily
Well I can confirm that it fit with a few inches to spare. Thanks for the replies.
"Jazz is not dead...it just smells funny."
- Frank Zappa
Nov 30, 2011
687 posts
167 upvotes
GTA
Ordered 2 from Oakville and 1 from Ajax.
Did anyone have cancellations from those stores?
Dec 27, 2006
615 posts
40 upvotes
I bought a round toilet from Rona 2 years ago......JUNK.....just replaced it a few days ago......It was American Standard...JUNK...Save your cash.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2063 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
westcoastyvr wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 12:48 am
Ordered 2 from Oakville and 1 from Ajax.
Did anyone have cancellations from those stores?
See my post above it was at Ajax, The alternate toilet they offered me was a Uberhaus round bowl lower MAP rating 500? I picked up my Runfine last nite.