Expired Hot Deals

[Rona] Runfine One Piece Toilet $129

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 8:56 am
Sep 9, 2005
169 posts
17 upvotes
I noticed my toilet came with a wax seal it looks kind of small/thin has anyone used it? is it ok or should i go get a better wax ring with more wax on it?
Feb 3, 2012
68 posts
14 upvotes
T.O.
bel4_20 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 7:57 am
I noticed my toilet came with a wax seal it looks kind of small/thin has anyone used it? is it ok or should i go get a better wax ring with more wax on it?
If your closet flange is above the floor i think it will be ok. So far so good, I had it installed last week with the smallish ring and there are no signs of leakage on the ceiling below and near the tank. I wouldn't risk it if you are unsure a wax ring is cheap insurance.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2063 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
sputnik99112 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 7:16 pm
If your closet flange is above the floor i think it will be ok. So far so good, I had it installed last week with the smallish ring and there are no signs of leakage on the ceiling below and near the tank. I wouldn't risk it if you are unsure a wax ring is cheap insurance.
Agreed, wax rings are a buck or two each. You could double up the wax ring if need be.
Jan 29, 2005
122 posts
35 upvotes
Chestermere, AB
Just finished two installs and ran into two issues. Same issue for both installs. First issue was I needed 16" braided line in order to connect my water supply. Connecting from the floor to the tank, 16" was just right. I wouldn't go less if you're in the same boat because you want to give yourself slack to move the toilet around. Second issue was, from the bottom mounting bolt to the back of the toilet is roughly 8". If your water supply is coming from the floor, make sure you have 8" path clearance or you won't be able to set the toilet into place. Have a helping hand if you can. One last thing, bolts supplied was way to long, you need to cut down if you want to put on the caps.

That is all. Good luck with your install.
Last edited by domacheap on Dec 3rd, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 30, 2011
687 posts
167 upvotes
GTA
Picked up one toilet from Ajax store today - had it installed in about 30 minutes.

I am really liking this toilet!
Images
  • Toilet_1.jpg
  • Toilet_2.jpg
Apr 6, 2008
161 posts
17 upvotes
westcoastyvr wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:19 pm
Picked up one toilet from Ajax store today - had it installed in about 30 minutes.

Were there any in stock? per online says sold out?
Oct 13, 2003
34 posts
4 upvotes
Brampton
I also installed 4 over the weekend. Certainly should check clearance at water valve before installing. Mine were very close but did it very carefully. My routine was Install hose to toilet first, place toilet then connect water supply. The builder had set the floor flange 3/4" below the floor surface so I had to add a 3/4 foam seal, for a 1/4 compression. This is a first time install for me so I got better and quicker!! Note that the seal ring creates a tunnel from floor flange to underside surface of toilet. Underside surface is actually recessed 1/2 from lip of waste hole and toilet base, so the waste should pass thru to the drain and only splash back might contact your ring seal!!
Jul 27, 2011
8 posts
6 upvotes
Thornhill
I haven't opened mine yet. I'm just wondering if your toilets came with the the bolt opening covers to smoothly cover the sides of the toilet - same as on the Rona web page picture.
Jan 29, 2005
122 posts
35 upvotes
Chestermere, AB
nistru1 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:20 am
I haven't opened mine yet. I'm just wondering if your toilets came with the the bolt opening covers to smoothly cover the sides of the toilet - same as on the Rona web page picture.
no cover, just caps for the bolts.
Jul 12, 2015
204 posts
30 upvotes
How comfortable are these elongated toilets to sit on if you need to sit on it for a bit to do your business and maybe to catch up on your reading? I mean, they will never be as comfortable as a chair, but because of the elongated profile, is the toilet seat a lot narrower than a round seat toilet?
Jul 11, 2016
39 posts
22 upvotes
Waterloo
westcoastyvr wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:19 pm

Come on we need some pictures of you using it as well. How else can we know whether it work or not?
Nov 30, 2011
687 posts
167 upvotes
GTA
AlexiRos wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:39 am
How comfortable are these elongated toilets to sit on if you need to sit on it for a bit to do your business and maybe to catch up on your reading?
I find the elongated much more comfortable than the round. You seem to have more 'room' in front.
Last edited by westcoastyvr on Dec 5th, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 30, 2011
687 posts
167 upvotes
GTA
minwersh wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 9:00 am
Were there any in stock? per online says sold out?
None in stock at the two stores I picked up from.
Jul 27, 2011
8 posts
6 upvotes
Thornhill
Thank you. I'm wondering if anyone has seen in store / was able to purchase the covers.
domacheap wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:05 am
no cover, just caps for the bolts.
Sep 8, 2004
834 posts
41 upvotes
I picked mine up from the west Edmonton Rona two days ago, but had to exchange it the next day as mine had a cracked tank. Oddly, the exchange process was WAY easier than the initial pickup. There's just something about Rona - always seem to have some weird problems there.

Haven't installed yet, but will have this thread handy for some of the tips mentioned by others!

Bart