Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona

Sterling 4 burner w/side burner Propane Gas Barbecue - 50,000 BTU - 644 sq. in. $299

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2018 2:17 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 9, 2017
24 posts
21 upvotes
I bought a large 5 burner sterling bbq last year and it’s been nothing short of wonderful. I’ve gone through many bbqs and this one is my favourite because I bbq in the winter blizzards and ice. It has started without issue and made wonderful steaks in the middle of winter. I can say the support for warranty is fantastic too. I didn’t prep my grill grates properly and they rusted after one year. The local distributor that supports a bunch of bbq brands sent me free grill replacements free of charge. I love my sterling all around.
Apr 6, 2008
374 posts
349 upvotes
Ajax
I have picked this up when it was on sale on March. It didn't fit in my Sonata so I took it out of the box and loaded it in the trunk and back seat in pieces (the Rona Rep helped me take the box a part and load it all in my car amazing service!).

Putting it together took about 1.5-2 hours. its not complicated or anything just a lot of pieces to put together.

I have used it a few times and its really good. Even heating, cast iron grills when seasoned properly nothing will stick to them. As many people have said it is made in USA and they proudly display it on both the box and tags on the grill.

One thing I read through reviews is the electronic ignition system does fail pretty quickly. However it is warrantied if you want to go through the process of replacing it.. You can just always use those long neck lighters from dollar store to light it up however. So far mine is working wonderfully.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I bought this with it. fits wonderfully and protects it really well https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00S13 ... UTF8&psc=1

Also got a smoker and wood chips. Tried them with some chicken legs last time... it was amazing!
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0028Y ... UTF8&psc=1
Sep 1, 2011
34 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know if this can be converted to Natural Gas?

From what I've found online you can't just convert any propane BBQ to natural gas
Apr 6, 2008
374 posts
349 upvotes
Ajax
Warped wrote: What size for the bbq cover to fit this Sterling BBQ?
I got the medium size. Fits well. See pic(its pic of my yard I cropped to show a portion of bbq)
IMG-20180512-WA0006~2.jpeg
Apr 6, 2008
374 posts
349 upvotes
Ajax
mrplow7 wrote: Anyone know if this can be converted to Natural Gas?

From what I've found online you can't just convert any propane BBQ to natural gas
No. You must get a natural gas grill.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
called local store and its not tax. Its only Weber and Broil King that are excluded from the no tax promotion
😃
Aug 23, 2005
693 posts
536 upvotes
Ontario
sspikey wrote: Would anyone say this is too big for me? Just me and my gf
Sometimes we have a maximum of 4 people come by. Max budget was 400 tax in so this fits!
If you have the budget and space, this is the smallest size I would get for 2 people. A couple of cuts of meat on one side and grilled veggies on the other half and you'll be glad you went with 4 burners. Throw on a 10-12 inch iron skillet on there for instance and it'll easily take up half the grill space.
Jun 3, 2011
34 posts
12 upvotes
Does anyone know why I"m still getting taxed on this item when buying it online? TIA[/center] its no tax event for May 11,12, 13
Sep 1, 2017
43 posts
42 upvotes
Bought it online because it's OOS everywhere. No tax only applies to stuff that isn't on special seemingly.
A-Town wrote: If you have the budget and space, this is the smallest size I would get for 2 people. A couple of cuts of meat on one side and grilled veggies on the other half and you'll be glad you went with 4 burners. Throw on a 10-12 inch iron skillet on there for instance and it'll easily take up half the grill space.
This. I did consider a small one before as we're just 2 people. A small one would be ok for burgers, but if you butterfly a chicken then put some extras on (veg and/or potatoes) it quickly becomes cramped. A smaller unit will have very limited space for indirect heat as well, and as far as I know, most rotisseries are made for larger units. Smaller units of good quality tend to be pricey too so we ended up buying this one instead.
Last edited by zmaw1235 on May 12th, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 22, 2012
290 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
See comments a few posts above. I had same experience. You will probably get better luck going to a local store. Also better call before going, just to be sure. Good luck!
tuantran21 wrote: Does anyone know why I"m still getting taxed on this item when buying it online? TIA[/center] its no tax event for May 11,12, 13
Nov 12, 2009
570 posts
657 upvotes
Where do you guys see no tax event? My flyer in alberta shows only 15% off
Mar 12, 2012
669 posts
795 upvotes
Belleville
Bought in March, have used heavily. Very pleased.
May 8, 2006
274 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a Natural gas version of this?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6054 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
Xoanan wrote: Bought in March, have used heavily. Very pleased.
how much did you pay in march?

this isnt on the no-tax restriction, but tax still being charged online...if go in store do you still get charged tax?
Mar 11, 2004
811 posts
619 upvotes
Quebec City
adeel wrote: how much did you pay in march?

this isnt on the no-tax restriction, but tax still being charged online...if go in store do you still get charged tax?
Yes. The no-tax or 15% off only applies to regular price items. You might get lucky in store, but I wouldn't count on it.
Aug 25, 2011
208 posts
279 upvotes
BURLINGTON
Could someone who purchased this answer a question for me? Is the bottom of the cookbox aluminum or steel? I have had 2 steel bottoms rust out on me.
Sep 12, 2007
610 posts
335 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP, ordered online.

I can confirm that the no HST promo today does not stack on top of the sale price of this BBQ at the stores that I called around, so no difference in price if ordered online or if you find one in store - its $299 + HST. Local Home Hardware will not price match as its below their cost.

This Sterling BBQ brand (or equivalent Broil Mate brand sold at Home Depot and Lowes) are made in the US by Onward Manufacturing. I have good experience with Onward build quality. I got 13 years out of my current cooker that I'm retiring for this Sterling - a Fiesta brand bought at Costco (also built by Onward Mfg) that lasted all this time with a couple of rebuilds over the years (SS burners, heat bar).

Hope this Sterling lasts 10+ years.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1977 posts
1206 upvotes
Narkham
Just picked up one at the midland location. There should be 2 left + 1 demo. Tax free does not apply as the fine print says it's only on regular price and this is on sale. After tax: $337.87.
RFD: Rarely Finding Discounts on things I actually need

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)