Expired Hot Deals

[Rona] UBERHAUS wall Heater convector 1500W IN STORE ONLY , SOME LOCATIONS QC AND ON

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2016 8:23 am
Dec 28, 2011
873 posts
462 upvotes
Montreal
you set your prefered confort temp #
you set your prefered economy temp #
You select your operation mode Program (p1-Pn), Continuous Economy(CE), Continuous Comfort (CC), Personnal

Still detected temps is 5-8 degrees off (lower) meaning if you do not compensate the unit will heat well beyond your intended temp.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1545 posts
1526 upvotes
Montreal
ultimatum wrote:
Nov 15th, 2016 4:37 pm
you set your prefered confort temp #
you set your prefered economy temp #
You select your operation mode Program (p1-Pn), Continuous Economy(CE), Continuous Comfort (CC), Personnal

Still detected temps is 5-8 degrees off (lower) meaning if you do not compensate the unit will heat well beyond your intended temp.
I will try this setting later today. Thanks the test case
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
51210 posts
15843 upvotes
How much is it going to cost to run this baby 12 hours at night at 12 cents per kWh?

15% off Saturday.
Dec 28, 2011
873 posts
462 upvotes
Montreal
Finally returned mine purchased 2 months ago. Wanted to test it out when the real cold weather arrived ... and it failed

The return clerk called a guy working in electric to check it out he just said "give him his money back and throw it in the defective bin they are all pretty much defective from the get-go that's why they lowered the price that much".

I don't have the same definition of clearance as rona but since this is potentially a safety concern when dealing with poorly manufactured heating devices, I feel every buyer should be made aware.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1545 posts
1526 upvotes
Montreal
ultimatum wrote:
Dec 11th, 2016 5:31 pm
Finally returned mine purchased 2 months ago. Wanted to test it out when the real cold weather arrived ... and it failed

The return clerk called a guy working in electric to check it out he just said "give him his money back and throw it in the defective bin they are all pretty much defective from the get-go that's why they lowered the price that much".

I don't have the same definition of clearance as rona but since this is potentially a safety concern when dealing with poorly manufactured heating devices, I feel every buyer should be made aware.
thank you for sharing your experience, can you please tell me how it failed ?
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Dec 28, 2011
873 posts
462 upvotes
Montreal
thermostat just died (as per Rona's employee)

No more heat even if everything indicates that the unit is "on"
Jun 7, 2013
302 posts
199 upvotes
GATINEAU
Konowl wrote:
Nov 15th, 2016 10:51 am
Not really. Baseboards are 240V and will throw off much more heat than this will.
Anybody else have an opinion on this. Currently doing basement reno's and we are about to decide between baseboard and convector heat... I was leaning more towards convector. My understanding is they're completely fine for a basement, and can replace baseboards...?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1545 posts
1526 upvotes
Montreal
will return mine , still in box.
Oct 22, 2008
300 posts
232 upvotes
Gatineau, qc
Have 2 of these installed, starting winter 3 now and both still working. The programmable feature is pretty bad, but if you REALLY want to, you can do it, it's just that the controls are not very intuitive and that instead of being "time" shown, it's lines, so you need to count, and if memory serves me well, you can only do per hour... So you can program, but strongly recommend keeping this one as a turn on/off as needed. Thermostat is not exactly precise either. Ideal for basement or spare room. But hey, at this price, if you're looking for a quick set up without rewiring, it will do the trick, just don't expect a high end product. And yes, wall mount is included.
Dec 28, 2011
873 posts
462 upvotes
Montreal
Since you are billed per KW and not volts or current ... no solution is "cheaper" than the other as far as your energy bill is concerned. All the current goes into producing heat. You can only vary the amount of time you operate them or the power level consumed during operation

convectors have the added advantage of moving the air faster than a baseboard resulting in more even heating and less operating time.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2009
1106 posts
698 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
Konowl wrote:
Nov 15th, 2016 10:51 am
Not really. Baseboards are 240V and will throw off much more heat than this will.
Actually, no. A 1500 Watt heater using 120V heats the same as a 1500 Watt heater using 240V.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1433 posts
961 upvotes
Montreal
Daijoubu wrote:
Nov 15th, 2016 10:41 am
Different purpose :)

A aux heat plugin unit is nice to have but 1500W on a 15A circuit is already maxing out the breaker, just make sure no one is going to use a hair dryer/microwave/oven/toaster on that same circuit :)

Picture credit @inferno_gn (Ju Leon)
You are not maxing it out (it's 1800 Watt). However, if you say that 1500 Watt is the safe "80%", heating does not require 80% safe load and can use 100% of the circuit because it's stable.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
3509 posts
2189 upvotes
Ottawa
RSole wrote:
Dec 11th, 2016 9:34 pm
Actually, no. A 1500 Watt heater using 120V heats the same as a 1500 Watt heater using 240V.
So you conveniently pick and choose to make your comparison?

Yes, obviously you are correct in your comparison. It is just as easy for me to retort by saying "yes, but a 2000 watt baseboard puts out much more heat than a 1500 watt baseboard", but now we are arguing semantics. Not to mention the wiring involved etc as it would require it's own circuit.
“Cyber bullies can hide behind a mask of anonymity online and do not need direct physical access to their victims to do unimaginable harm.”
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11421 posts
2397 upvotes
Montreal
I wouldn't buy anything branded UBERHAUS. If Dollorama sold hardware stuff, it would be manufactured by UBERHAUS.

For perspective, Mastercraft (Canadian Tire house brand) seems better quality than UBERHAUS.