Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona

YMMV, In store only, WORX 36V cordless lawn mower clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 1:25 am
Feb 5, 2004
120 posts
28 upvotes

[Rona] YMMV, In store only, WORX 36V cordless lawn mower clearance

Went to Rockwood Mall Rona yesterday, saw a 50% off sign on this mower, but only display model left. So took the picture and went to Martin Grove Rona to see if I could find a in box one and PM. They also had a 50% off sign on this mower, but said "display model only". There was an open box one too but couldn't get 50% off. So I went back to Rockwood Mall and took the display model. It uses Lead Acid battery, I believe it's easier to mod it than Lithium batteries after it dies. Most stores have no stock or only 1 left, so other stores with stock might have the same discount.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32134 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Lead acid is a commodity battery so cheaper to replace by going to a battery store.

Just remember to always keep it fully charged, charge as soon as you finish using it, keep it charged all winter (some chargers have trickle charge mode, use it, if not then charge once every couple weeks), bring the battery indoors in winter if its removable and try not to completely drain it.
Its also a good idea to check its voltage with a multimeter as soon as you get it home before charging for the first time, if its fully charged thats a very good sign, if its not that means its been sitting below full charge since the battery was built, not a good sign for longevity (it will already be partially sulfated) but you will at least know this and not blame the technology for its reduced life. Lead acid is 12.6V/battery fully charged and 11.6V empty. For mowers that use several batteries in series multiply these voltages. In this case 36V would be 37.8V charged and 34.8V empty.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Feb 5, 2004
120 posts
28 upvotes
Thanks for the battery info. Battery cost is the first concern for me to choose corded or cordless power tools, the second is the tool's price. Both are acceptable now. I am happy for this purchase.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
The lithium battery in my middle of the road B&D mower has been going for 6+ years now, I was concerned about the battery when I got it but they seem to last a good long time. I think the rest of the mower is going to be toast by the time the battery is unusable. I don't think I'd want to deal with a lead acid one after this.

I don't even take the battery inside in the winter just leave the mower plugged in in the detached garage.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Agreed, Lead Acid is such old technology now for cordless mowers. I had a Remington form Sears found here on RFD Hot Deals for around $129.99 and by the second year the battery had lost about 1/2 of it's capacity and needed charging after 20-25 mins of use versus about 45 mins when it was new.
BinaryJay wrote: The lithium battery in my middle of the road B&D mower has been going for 6+ years now, I was concerned about the battery when I got it but they seem to last a good long time. I think the rest of the mower is going to be toast by the time the battery is unusable. I don't think I'd want to deal with a lead acid one after this.

I don't even take the battery inside in the winter just leave the mower plugged in in the detached garage.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32134 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
consumerPI wrote: Agreed, Lead Acid is such old technology now for cordless mowers. I had a Remington form Sears found here on RFD Hot Deals for around $129.99 and by the second year the battery had lost about 1/2 of it's capacity and needed charging after 20-25 mins of use versus about 45 mins when it was new.
I posted quite a bit in that thread, did you follow my battery care instructions?
Was the battery fully charged when you received the mower?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)