Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Oct 13, 2005
48 posts
1 upvote

Roommate is tick off

Hi ... For some reason every time my roommate try's to post he has to get mod approve . Now he doesn't want to be a part of this great forum and wants to cancel his account . How does one deactivate ( close/cancel ) their account ? So I did more research from within site and found out only one account is allowed . So if a person rent a room in a house and make an account with this site the rest of the people living in the house can't . Even if they are not related / friends ( upstair and downstair folks ) sharing the same internet service ...
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7595 posts
389 upvotes
Scarborough
TerryFox wrote:
Jun 25th, 2012 8:13 pm
Hi ... For some reason every time my roommate try's to post he has to get mod approve . Now he doesn't want to be a part of this great forum and wants to cancel his account . How does one deactivate ( close/cancel ) their account ? So I did more research from within site and found out only one account is allowed . So if a person rent a room in a house and make an account with this site the rest of the people living in the house can't . Even if they are not related / friends ( upstair and downstair folks ) sharing the same internet service ...
They don't cancel accounts. As for multiple from one ip, they have ways to verify if it's the same person, or different people.
[OP]
Banned
Oct 13, 2005
48 posts
1 upvote
_Allan_ wrote:
Jun 25th, 2012 8:46 pm
They don't cancel accounts. As for multiple from one ip, they have ways to verify if it's the same person, or different people.
That's odd that one can't close their account . Though I'm more curious how they can tell if its the same person or not ?
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
_Allan_ wrote:
Jun 25th, 2012 8:46 pm
No they don't.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4102 upvotes
Ottawa
Syne wrote:
Jun 25th, 2012 8:59 pm
No they don't.
They asked me for a DNA sample when i signed up...I thought it was the same for everyone?!? :razz:
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
[OP]
Banned
Oct 13, 2005
48 posts
1 upvote
Cas77 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2012 9:17 pm
They asked me for a DNA sample when i signed up...I thought it was the same for everyone?!? :razz:
:D lmao good one . Maybe they have satellites that can see through walls
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7595 posts
389 upvotes
Scarborough
TerryFox wrote:
Jun 25th, 2012 8:55 pm
That's odd that one can't close their account . Though I'm more curious how they can tell if its the same person or not ?
They can perm ban the person, but deleting the account screws up the board stat's. Thus why they don't delete.
I've been told they have methods to detect who's who (users agents strings, maybe?) but others on here say they don't.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
TerryFox wrote:
Jun 25th, 2012 8:13 pm
I do apologize to your roommate. We are facing an issue with users coming off moderation after their first post is approved. I have submitted the ticket to the development team to remedy. I do hope that it will be resolved fairly soon as it is an important.

I can deactivate your account for you, just let me know if you would like this done.

If your roommate and yourself both have accounts, it is perfectly fine. This goes if 4 people in a house share the same internet service. We have our ways of finding those who have two or more accounts.

Again, I do apologize to your roommate for this inconvenience and situation.
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
[OP]
Banned
Oct 13, 2005
48 posts
1 upvote
oranr wrote:
Jun 26th, 2012 9:52 am
I do apologize to your roommate. We are facing an issue with users coming off moderation after their first post is approved. I have submitted the ticket to the development team to remedy. I do hope that it will be resolved fairly soon as it is an important.

I can deactivate your account for you, just let me know if you would like this done.

If your roommate and yourself both have accounts, it is perfectly fine. This goes if 4 people in a house share the same internet service. We have our ways of finding those who have two or more accounts.

Again, I do apologize to your roommate for this inconvenience and situation.
I have no problems with the forum but I know my roommate is a hard head lol he wants his removed or what ever you do to close it.
[OP]
Banned
Oct 13, 2005
48 posts
1 upvote
I see how now . I try to use my roommate laptop to log into the site and was given a notice . I don't get it why the site is that that but hey its not mine site :confused:
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
973 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Tell your room mate to post in this thread :arrow: why-do-all-my-posts-need-approval-1193782/ I know you are trying to help but you aren't giving any relevant info like his username or the "notice" seen, so the admins can actually take him off moderation....
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
[OP]
Banned
Oct 13, 2005
48 posts
1 upvote
He not here now but I watch him did post in this thread . In my last post I was just referring to how you can tell if one has more then one user name but even with that method its not full prove ... Nowadays people use other people laptops / tablets and what ever else they might have , just using the same isp and devises doesn't make it were one is the same as many account users ...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
973 upvotes
Niagara Falls
We manually approve all new posts right now for new users. What's happening is that new users are supposed to come off moderation after 2 posts and a glitch with the last forum upgrade is preventing that from happening. Those who have posted in the thread I linked, the admins are manually changing their user group to take them off moderation. If he didn't break any posting rules then his post would have been approved and I don't see a new user post in this thread... :confused:
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!