[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1344 posts
644 upvotes
North York

[Roots] *** Roots sample sale Dec 1st to Dec 4th 2011 ***

Roots sample sale Toronto

Please bring one non perishable food item to donate!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=3 ... 593&ref=nf

Please click on "THANK YOU" button if you like this deal.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2852 posts
982 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if this includes the furniture demos at Castlefield?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2005
1670 posts
98 upvotes
Any ideas if this includes their leather bags?
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2009
1793 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
what do they have there that is usually a hot deal? How are the prices like from past sales?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1344 posts
644 upvotes
North York
JonJubeTube wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 3:56 pm
Does anyone know if this includes the furniture demos at Castlefield?

I have never seen any furniture on sale in the past sample sales but you can always call them to ask!

Just remember it's CASH only.

bunga wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 7:54 pm
Any ideas if this includes their leather bags?

Yes, leather goods including jackets were there in the past sales. HOWEVER, there weren't much selections at all and some of them had holes in them! The price were all like $100 ish I believe.

EdLeafs wrote:
Nov 30th, 2011 2:11 am
what do they have there that is usually a hot deal? How are the prices like from past sales?
Since it's SAMPLE sale, don't expect anything very brand new looking and from this year's collection. In my past experience, a lot of the hoodies and sweat pants had holes in them so you have to look through them carefully.

If I remember correctly, adult hoodies and sweat pants were $15 each and short t shirts were $5, no tax. Kids studd range from $5 to $25 (like socks, hoodies, snow suits and jackets).
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2009
1793 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Aritzia wrote:
Nov 30th, 2011 2:19 am
Since it's SAMPLE sale, don't expect anything very brand new looking and from this year's collection. In my past experience, a lot of the hoodies and sweat pants had holes in them so you have to look through them carefully.

If I remember correctly, adult hoodies and sweat pants were $15 each and short t shirts were $5, no tax. Kids studd range from $5 to $25 (like socks, hoodies, snow suits and jackets).

Thank you.
Dec 19, 2007
130 posts
41 upvotes
EdLeafs wrote:
Nov 30th, 2011 2:11 am

+1

Did anyone go today?? How was it?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
6649 posts
833 upvotes
buddy of mine went at 11:30am - waited for two hours and left, as he had an appointment to get to. Said the line was super slow - never has he seen a slower line anywhere else.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1344 posts
644 upvotes
North York
mirsafyre wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2011 1:41 am
Not sure if it'll show up

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4505/v ... 010932.jpg

pricing is good - worth the trip for xmas gifts and self :)
there was a long line up today, the method of letting ppl in was for every ONE that leaves, ONE gets let in.
Dress warmly :)

Thanks for the pricing list!

What time did you go today and how long did you have to wait to get in?

I am debating if I should go or not hearing that the above poster's friend waited for 2h and still couldn't get in. I don't think it's worth it for all the suffering in the cold!

We got a voucher for 50% off any ROOTS in retail stores a few weeks ago and used it on the weekend. Hoodies and sweat pants end up being less than $45 each.
Aug 6, 2007
63 posts
1 upvote
Aritzia wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2011 3:15 am
Thanks for the pricing list!

What time did you go today and how long did you have to wait to get in?

I am debating if I should go or not hearing that the above poster's friend waited for 2h and still couldn't get in. I don't think it's worth it for all the suffering in the cold!

We got a voucher for 50% off any ROOTS in retail stores a few weeks ago and used it on the weekend. Hoodies and sweat pants end up being less than $45 each.

I waited 1.5 hours in the morning - then left because I also had an appointment too (like the other poster friend above) and then I came back to try it out again around 3:30, and waited 45min - got in, and shopped until they closed.
Line is brutal but if you have patient, its well worth the wait - they were restocking when they were kicking us out - best go early, but they seem to restock during the day.
Also - the talk during the sale was that the tycos location (since its bigger) would have more things . Never been to that location before so no thoughts :\

hope it helps :)
Jun 6, 2008
327 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I probably picked a bad time to wait but I started at 11am and got in at 2pm. Shopped til 4 and didn't get much. I was hoping for some sweats but I just got some shirts here and there, pretty disappointed overall. Ended up going to Roots at Orfus for $28 sweats
May 18, 2009
375 posts
21 upvotes
Winnipeg
Just curious what the deal is with all the love for Roots sweatpants? Are they somehow much better than a pair of sweatpants anywhere else? Not sure how good sweatpant technology can get :P lol
× < >