Food & Drink

rose wine substitute for a non-drinker

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2020 10:32 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2057 posts
1018 upvotes

rose wine substitute for a non-drinker

having a dinner party and some of the women are pregnant or non drinkers but we want to get something like a Rose but non-alcoholic. We are not drinkers by any means so I am not sure of what to get... any recommendations?
Got that Zoomer account!
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
8474 posts
3630 upvotes
Markham
Costco has some great non-alcoholic fruit sparklers...you "pop" the cork as well. IIRC it's a three pack.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jr. Member
Apr 13, 2016
157 posts
25 upvotes
Just mix cranberry juice with club soda or 7-up.
Pour over ice and garnish with a slice of lime/lemon
Jr. Member
Aug 8, 2006
128 posts
11 upvotes
Halifax
No pop, but the Ikea sparkling juices and ciders are pretty delicious, and inexpensive
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1188 posts
803 upvotes
GTA West
We sometimes have a decanter with pomegranate juice at the table for this purpose. (the cheap kind you buy at FoodBasics in Tetrapaks). It looks just like wine in the glass, is not too sweet, and most people like it. So when you do a toast it looks like you are all drinking alcohol.
Last edited by Dealmaker1945 on Feb 12th, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1188 posts
803 upvotes
GTA West
gr8dlr wrote: Costco has some great non-alcoholic fruit sparklers...you "pop" the cork as well. IIRC it's a three pack.
You can also get the Dole brand "fruit sparkler" drinks which come in cranberry, raspberry/cranberry etc. I also like these for myself as a lower calorie pop. Availability at the big chains seems to vary. I particularly like the grapefruit.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/dole-spark ... 0188742813
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
8474 posts
3630 upvotes
Markham
Dealmaker1945 wrote: You can also get the Dole brand "fruit sparkler" drinks which come in cranberry, raspberry/cranberry etc. I also like these for myself as a lower calorie pop. Availability at the big chains seems to vary. I particularly like the grapefruit.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/dole-spark ... 0188742813
Agreed but that's sorta like soda pop. The "sparkler" I'm talking about is like Champagne
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1188 posts
803 upvotes
GTA West
gr8dlr wrote: Agreed but that's sorta like soda pop. The "sparkler" I'm talking about is like Champagne
I know the cork pops like a bottle of Champagne, but that Costco stuff (the French one sold in 3-packs) is sickly sweet. My wife buys it but the bottle is never finished.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)