Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5116 posts
984 upvotes
T.

Router/Network problem with PS3

I though I would get some better ideas here rather than in the Video Games forum.

I have a wired connection going to my PS3. The PS3 is in a DMZ for a specific port on the router.

Issues arose when I bought a PS3 blutooth headset. I used to always play sound with just regular headphones or through my AVR. When I got the headset, the PS3 would disconnect from the internet and give a message that said something like "ethernet cable is unplugged." This would happen intermittantly, then I would turn off the headset, reconnect, turn headset back on and it would work until I got that message again. With just the headphones, I don't even get booted, so I'm assuming this is some issue with the headset.

I understand that the router and headset both work on a 2.4 signal, but this is a wired connection. I have a netbook and a couple of smartphone that access the router wirelessly, so I thought there may be some sort of conflict if one of the wireless devices was accessing while I was on the PS3 wired connection so I ensured they wouldn't by turning them off and I still got the "unplugged" message, but less frequently.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
[QUOTE]I know you are, but what am I.... ;) [/QUOTE]