Rovelo tires - Wal-Mart - need opinions / reviews

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2014 12:35 pm
Jul 29, 2010
18 posts
1 upvote
GTA

Rovelo tires - Wal-Mart - need opinions / reviews

They must be quite new since I can't find much about them on the net.
77 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
11890 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
They seem to associate with other Chinese makes, like Triangle and Runway.

You get what you pay for...
Deal with it.
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
527 upvotes
go for them, make sure the date of manufacture is recent
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2006
4150 posts
151 upvotes
North York
packardbell wrote:
May 23rd, 2011 7:11 am
go for them, make sure the date of manufacture is recent

This coming from the guy who orders dirt cheap brake parts for large vehicles. I'd stick to proper brands.
Korean girlfriends? Learn to Google? Save money?
What RFD can do for you?

If you drive dangerously I hope you get caught and lose your license/car/dignity! :twisted: :twisted:
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
527 upvotes
JAGpilot wrote:
May 23rd, 2011 11:11 am
This coming from the guy who orders dirt cheap brake parts for large vehicles. I'd stick to proper brands.

those dirt cheap brake parts were not for myself or my vehicles. I purchased raybestos and hawk pads for the windstar.
Oct 8, 2006
2 posts
1 upvote
The tire is made by SAILUN.

The exact same tire
http://www.sailuntire.ca/sailun-tires/p ... 402_f.html

Atrezzo SH402 Tire FEATURES:

* All Season performance and traction
* Deep, circumferential grooves and hundreds of biting edges deliver excellent wet and dry traction for all-year performance
* Triplex Tread Compound delivers high traction and long treadwear
* Solid shoulder tread blocks provides superior cornering power and exceptional handling
* Full depth sipe design delivers longer usable tread life
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1134 posts
229 upvotes
I just had some Rovelo 195/60R15 installed on my car yesterday. The road noise is about the same as my previous UniRoyal TigerPaw all season tires. Since the weather is nice out, i can't tell you how it handles in wet or snowy conditions.

During the winter time, I switch them for my Michelin X-Ice tires so for non-winter driving, the tread pattern seems fine to me.
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
Feb 22, 2007
272 posts
15 upvotes
bargooon wrote:
May 22nd, 2011 10:40 pm
They must be quite new since I can't find much about them on the net.

I drive an '04 Pontiac Sunfire. I'm retired, so I don't put a lot of miles on the car. I noticed, in the second year, that the original B F Goodrich tires were showing a lot of cracking. By last fall, it was bad enough that my mechanic advised me to replace the tires. Since I have 4 snows that I install for the winter, I waited until spring to look for replacements. Mechanic offered me a "deal" on the same tires - yeah, right, if I find a product is crap, I'm going to buy the same thing again! I mean, these tires didn't even last 30k!
So, I started shopping around. Settled on Michelins, which were going to cost about $720. Price only varied about $20 among various retailers. Then, the Walmart flyer arrived, offering these tires for $60 each in the size I needed, roughly half the cost of the Michelins. So, I Googled for reviews of these tires, but couldn't find anything other than the Company was located in Guelph, Ont. I assumed the tires were made in China - isn't everything now? - and decided to take a chance, given Walmart's reputation. Besides, I had already had the experience of replacing worn out tires (Goodyear Invicta - great tires, >120k) with expensive Michelins, only to have the transmission fail 20k later, and the vehicle going to the wreckers with my expensive almost new Michelins.
So, cheap car, why not put on cheap tires! The big surprise was seeing Walmart doing it right! They actually torgued the wheel nuts! Every place else I've ever been just blasted on the wheel nuts with the quickie air operated impact gun. But Walmart actually took the time to use a torgue wrench! No worries about distorted brake rotors/drums from uneven wheel nut tightening.
As for the tires- I was worried about cheapos being "thumpers". i.e. balance problems. but so far these are just fine. And very quiet. As for handling, the car does seem more susceptible to crosswinds than before. Time will tell if this was a good buy.
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
527 upvotes
for everyday commuting on a budget I feel china made tires are ok, look even when I was in china blasting on the roads with the ebike (going 40 kilometers per hour, I rented, the china made tires seem ok on the dry pavement.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2005
2250 posts
260 upvotes
Tires are the only thing connecting your car to the pavement. It doesn't matter if you have the biggest brakes in the world and the fastest reacting suspension if you're going to use crap tires. That's my opinion. A lot of these cheap tires may be ok in the beginning, but as they start to wear is where you really see the difference.
2016 Cadillac ATS-V, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, 2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium, 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6, 2016 Camaro SS, 2007 Cadillac SRX, 2015 Z06
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2006
4150 posts
151 upvotes
North York
I see people putting cheap tires on their cars (Motomaster, Triangle, etc) and wonder how much difference another $200-300 would make on something you're (in most cases) going to keep for several years? The problem with people today is they think in the present with no care or thought about the future. They see they can get tires for $400 today and do not think about how they will perform in 3,4,5 years. They're cheap and I can get them now.
Korean girlfriends? Learn to Google? Save money?
What RFD can do for you?

If you drive dangerously I hope you get caught and lose your license/car/dignity! :twisted: :twisted:
Jul 7, 2008
95 posts
Halifax, NS
Just to point something out about Motormaster tires.

Most Motormaster tires if not all of them are made by Goodyear.
Stored in a Goodyear Warehouse in Toronto, and made in North America.

not made in China, so I would not consider them cheap, maybe a lower end tire like all other manufactors have.
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
527 upvotes
evanryan wrote:
May 25th, 2011 3:39 pm
Just to point something out about Motormaster tires.

Most Motormaster tires if not all of them are made by Goodyear.
Stored in a Goodyear Warehouse in Toronto, and made in North America.

not made in China, so I would not consider them cheap, maybe a lower end tire like all other manufactors have.

If all you guys are against made in china tires you can get KELLY tires made in the USA as an alternate choice. They are cheaper but maybe not cheaper than china branded tires :facepalm:
Nov 28, 2005
630 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I think if you only drive several KMs per day, and use winter tires for the winter, I think cheap tires are ok, at least they're brand new and better than those used tires. I've seen lots of places selling used tires, and people are buying.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8656 posts
553 upvotes
Toronto
packardbell wrote:
May 23rd, 2011 11:39 am
those dirt cheap brake parts were not for myself or my vehicles. I purchased raybestos and hawk pads for the windstar.

Wow - so you put others at risk? Isn't that even worse?
× < >