Automotive

Rovelo tires - Wal-Mart - need opinions / reviews

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2014 12:35 pm
Oct 31, 2011
1 posts
1 upvote
I own a 97 honda cr-v, that I'm driving into the ground. Tried the cheap Rovelo's and have to say I'm very pleasantly surprised. Wet and dry traction seem as good as the Bridgestones I had, even maybe a tad better. Definitely recommend.
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
527 upvotes
rhsu91 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2011 5:45 pm
I own a 97 honda cr-v, that I'm driving into the ground. Tried the cheap Rovelo's and have to say I'm very pleasantly surprised. Wet and dry traction seem as good as the Bridgestones I had, even maybe a tad better. Definitely recommend.

what price, size and location?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6530 posts
617 upvotes
Alberta
packardbell wrote:
Sep 15th, 2011 9:56 pm
if i had to chose at walmart i would get the nexen tires

Was at a local WM browsing those Nexen Wingard tires....noticed that the date code was xx10. Over a year old. Made in China too.

Dave
Mar 5, 2009
2 posts
Cobourg
Hey folks my first post here been a member for a while now.This was the first link in a google search and some good info posted here.I am in need of some tires wasn't planning on keeping this vehicle,but the old van i can't trust winter is coming.I will be selling this vehicle in the spring [certified] it's a chevy malibu 2000 145,000 km can't wrap my head around the piston slap these 3.1 chevy's are prone too so it's gotta go!.

Anyway's was into the local WM and seen the Rovelo's handled them a bit the sidewalls are definitely pretty soft,as well as the whole tire really.Don't want to put much more money in this car and only basically needs tires for when i sell it in the spring.These tires will be using for the winter here in Cobourg,Ont hasn't been to harsh here at least for the last couple of yrs.

Are they going to perform well enough for some winter driving?. They would also have to find them is only 1 in the store,my cost 4 tires installed all taxes out the door $376.69

My appologies for resurrecting a somewhat older thread,there seems to be a few here had them installed anything further to report?

Mighty appreciated :D :facepalm:
Feb 3, 2010
72 posts
9 upvotes
Lower Woods Harbour
I am thinking of putting the Rovelo RWT all season tires on my Dodge SX. Cheap is the reason and reading some of the reviews they sound alright for the price. I don't want to put expensive tires on because the car is getting old and likely won't last much more than a year or so. I am picking out the 2 best of what I have on now for the back and buying 2 new ones for the front
Mar 29, 2009
367 posts
22 upvotes
GTA
I have a 93 mini van. I checked into used tires and they wanted between 50 to 70 a piece for half worn tires, like uniroyal. I went to walmart and they installed brand new tires with 110000 km mileage, plus free wheel balancing and tire rotation every 10000 km free, and I paid like 300 bucks out the door for Rovelo.
tire size is 15" mini van tires. I sat in the air conditioned waiting room and they were ready in about an hour. so far no rain, and very limited short drives, but I have that they have good shock absorbtion and really help to smooth out the bumps in the road. have not really been able to make an assessment yet of more demanding , or high performance driving. however, I do drive very conservative and it is a mini van, with only mostly local city driving in mind. but, you will notice that these brand new tires were a lot less hassle and no more money than buying from a used car shop. I think with the money I saved I could look into having my aluminum rims redone.
Jul 8, 2013
308 posts
68 upvotes
Edmonton
Just saw wal-mart flyer for these rovelo winter tires. For my size, they're just $79 each as compared to $220+ for Michelin X-ice 3's or Hakka R2's.

I know you get what you pay for so I will only be getting the Hakka or the X-ice depending upon the rebate. BUT: for those running cheap winter tires, I'd like to hear your experiences.

Anyone have any experience with these tires over the last couple of years?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2426 posts
142 upvotes
Anybody knows if these can be studded?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19722 posts
1473 upvotes
TuxedoBlack wrote:
Aug 29th, 2013 8:40 pm
BUT: for those running cheap winter tires, I'd like to hear your experiences.
I used cheap[er] winter tyres a couple times. Not these China-made-named-after-ice-cream-treats "tyres" mind you, but other ones. One experience was pretty good and the tyres were decent all around for winter. The second set was a different model/maker and not a good experience at all. The tyres were downright terrible, so bad in fact I changed them before they wore out--something I've pretty much never done with tyres except with those. Thereafter I've only gone with the standard or premium if you want to call them that, brands/models. In particular performance winters which are better suited to city conditions.

Anyway, you're right you do get what you pay for and I really would not recommend buying these ice cream tyres lol.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6593 posts
931 upvotes
Why is PB permantly banned?

I saw his name on the first page and thought this thread was new.

:(
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5200 posts
723 upvotes
Scarbs
JohnB wrote:
Sep 13th, 2013 10:24 pm
Why is PB permantly banned?

I saw his name on the first page and thought this thread was new.

:(
Because he was too Alpha...

Srsly PB was a good contributor, RFD mods only hurt RFD by banning members that contribute quality posts
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6593 posts
931 upvotes
Swswswish wrote:
Sep 13th, 2013 11:30 pm
Because he was too Alpha...

Srsly PB was a good contributor, RFD mods only hurt RFD by banning members that contribute quality posts
I agree 100000%
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
3490 posts
1144 upvotes
Montreal
+2 also agree.

They ban PB all because of a few pics yet keep posters who treat this forum as their own personal chat room. At least he contributed good information rather than the nonsense posted by kids here with upwards of 10,000 mostly useless posts. Maybe time to start a "reinstated PackardBell" thread.
will.ca wrote:
Feb 19th, 2014 2:12 am
Ottofly seems to be the only person with a brain on here.
bastille wrote:
Aug 14th, 2014 1:57 pm
If you are all decked and can't even finish a simple 5k in 20mins MAX...you are useless
AGR-1 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2009 3:11 pm
Synthetic motor oil is "slipperyer" than oil from crude, if its synthetic it will feel slipperyer".
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6593 posts
931 upvotes
ottofly wrote:
Sep 14th, 2013 10:37 am
+2 also agree.

They ban PB all because of a few pics yet keep posters who treat this forum as their own personal chat room. At least he contributed good information rather than the nonsense posted by kids here with upwards of 10,000 mostly useless posts. Maybe time to start a "reinstated PackardBell" thread.
True, I like to see his pictures from HK, and his tutorials about how to change brakes with pictures of each step. Show his Civic and Sciroco.

Why would anyone complain about PB, there are so many other spam posters here, 20,000 posts and they reply to anything and everything and they ban PB?

That said I havent seen Mahjong Manic he used to have almost 75,000 posts?
× < >