Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Royal Bank

Open an RBC Signature No Limit Banking or VIP Banking account, get the latest 10.2” iPad at no cost

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2020 1:04 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
4053 posts
1127 upvotes
North York
johnnyh55 wrote: How do you know, your e-mail stated 10.2"?
Bcuz when they asked you to choose color - they mentioned iPad 10.2"
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
you can msg them using message center in the royal bank login browser, but make sure u have $0.00 in your account so they can close it..takes around 3business days, i went into bank and closed it but they charge me like one month in advance i think to close it...cuz i had money in the account before i closed it..if u dont have any money they cannot charge u!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Nov 26, 2013
512 posts
39 upvotes
johnnyh55 wrote: How do you know, your e-mail stated 10.2"?
Ok so I had ordered a 9.7" iPad when I got the e-mail from RBC and then Apple released the 10.2" iPad the week after and I ended up receiving a 10.2" iPad in the same color that I had chosen.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
johnnyh55 wrote: Ok so I had ordered a 9.7" iPad when I got the e-mail from RBC and then Apple released the 10.2" iPad the week after and I ended up receiving a 10.2" iPad in the same color that I had chosen.
So this 10.2in is 7th Gen. Way better then 6thvgen huh
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jul 29, 2019
141 posts
57 upvotes
Can this be done if already an RBC customer (inactive account)
Oct 25, 2019
1 posts
Hey!

Can you please suggest, if other than mobile (Rogers bill) PAP, pre authorised payments made to ipTv subscription counts too?
Also, does bill payment to RBC credit card counts valid too?
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
2098 posts
920 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Sept 28 - opened account
begin of Oct - direct deposit pay and 2 utility bills pre-authorized, also did a couple e-transfers
Oct 23 - email confirmation for ipad and ordered "Congratulations! You have qualified for the RBC Royal Bank Personal Banking Promotion and can now select the offer of your complimentary Apple iPad 32GB."
Oct 24 - confirmed shipped
Oct 28 - received 10.2" ipad
Oct 29 - purchased this $15 cover - fits great https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07WV8 ... UTF8&psc=1
Nov 22, 2019
11 posts
2 upvotes
Hello.

My wife opened the account and received a gold 7th gen iPad.

However a few weird things happened that make this a potential fraud product. First the iPad went from China to Japan and had an expected delivery date of a Monday or Tuesday.

All of a sudden it showed up early on a Thursday. The return address was suspect. (They could not spell Vaughan correctly in return address) and any info about Japan in the delivery tracking was gone.

The product code starts with a P instead of being Mw762vc/a like at Best Buy for the Gold one.

Also the charger is way slower compared to an older charger for a mini 2 we have.

The folks at the Apple store were quick to dismiss saying just enter your “serial number” which of course would show a valid iPad. We figure if they changed it out mid ship they could get away with it with the gold ones since not too many people order them. Also how many people go straight to looking at model numbers? They said to call Apple lol Things starting with P talks about “engraving” however there is no engraving on the iPad.

The initial boot up process was too fast and skipped a whole bunch of stuff. The box coming all the way from China did not appear scuffed.

Did anyone else receive a gold one? If so what is your model number? If you got the grey or silver did you get the model number that matches Best Buy?

Not sure how to verify since Apple dismissed us. We can try rbc and call Apple but something tells me the people at rbc would have no idea what model number we should receive.

Maybe I’ve just made a mistake.
Aug 27, 2014
639 posts
397 upvotes
Looking for clarification for the current $300 offer:

Can a payment to a service provider simply be a normal bill payment to a credit card?

Can preauthorized payments simply be linking my chequing account to my Amex cards and pulling a payment manually?