Mar 13, 2017
224 posts
116 upvotes
Has anybody got their money yet? Still waiting on the$60
Jun 3, 2007
440 posts
74 upvotes
Scarborough
My son mentioned he got it already,opened Aug 11th.
Sep 20, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
Opened account August 14, received $60 Sep 19.
Aug 4, 2016
2 posts
I opened my student banking account on sept 25 2017 and i made a transaction the same day and i met all the criteria for this promotion.when will i get the 60$ deposited to my account.
Aug 13, 2018
1 posts
dogdayafter12 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 2:01 pm
Just came back from local RBC. My kids are 13 and 15. Had to show them medicare cards only and tell them school they are enrolled at. (Although they did have their student ids with them). To get the $60 they opened a no fee student chequing account. They have to sign up for online banking and apparently download the rbc app (although I didn't read this anywhere). They are to make a transaction by Oct. 31. $60 will be deposited in 6 to 8 weeks in their accounts. There was no minimum to start account off. In fact accounts were opened without making a deposit in front of anyone. They did it later at the bank machine. I will make them do another deposit and a withdrawal in next few weeks to be on safe side to meet the requirements. Simple process but still took about 45 minutes total for the two of them.

Do you have to use their recent school ids? Can you also use your other school ids like last years school id?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1003 posts
894 upvotes
Pointe Claire
Pippppp wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 10:28 pm
Do you have to use their recent school ids? Can you also use your other school ids like last years school id?
I don't see why not. Not sure how old your kids are but the hoops to go through to get the money are different...not really for a typical teen below 18:
make any two (2) of the following transactions before October 31, 2018 using your new RBC Student Banking account or RBC No Limit Banking for Students account A) mobile cheque deposit; B) bill payment; C) pre-authorized payment; D) Interac e-Transfer; or E) purchase - including those done with RBC Virtual Visa Debit, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or with the RBC Wallet. Qualifying transactions can be made within RBC Online Banking, RBC Mobile Banking or with your RBC Client Card. Transactions made in branch or through the ATM network are not included as a qualifying transaction. Bank fee transactions are also excluded. No qualifying transactions or purchases are required for the $25 with the RBC Leo’s Young Savers Account.