• Nov 17th, 2017 11:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1887 posts
166 upvotes
North Vancouver

[Royal Bank] RBC BA Avios Card 50K points for 5K spend

used to be 9K spend in 3 month, but this time only require 5K spend in 2 month Smiling Face With Open Mouth, however technically it's a 40K offer since 10K required after 1 year anniversary.

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-card ... -card.html

To receive the 15,000 Avios welcome bonus, your application form must be received and approved by Royal Bank of Canada. Please allow up to 10 weeks after receipt of your card for the 15,000 Avios to be posted to your British Airways Executive Club account. If you are not currently a member of the Executive Club, you will be enrolled automatically once you are approved for the RBC British Airways Visa Infinite card. Please note that the address your Executive Club account membership is registered under must match the one for your RBC British Airways Visa Infinite account at all times for the Avios to be posted to your Executive Club account. The additional 25,000 Avios bonus will be awarded to you if a total of $5,000 CAD or more in qualifying purchases and pre-authorized bill payment transactions is posted to your RBC British Airways Visa Infinite account within the first 2 full monthly statement periods (approximately 2 months from the date your account is opened), provided your credit card account is in good standing at the time you reach $5,000 CAD in qualifying transactions. Qualifying transactions exclude cash advances (Balance transfers, cash-like transactions and bill payments that are not pre-authorized charges that you set up with a merchant), interest charges and fees. The 25,000 bonus Avios will be credited to your Executive Club account within 10 to 15 weeks after meeting the spending requirement. The additional 10,000 bonus Avios will be credited to your Executive Club account within 12-15 weeks after the one year anniversary of your account opening provided your credit card account remains active and in good standing. This offer is only available to new RBC British Airways Visa Infinite cardholders. Additional cardholders, as well as existing RBC British Airways Visa Infinite cardholders as of the offer eligibility period, are not eligible for this offer. This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer.

Best use of Avios https://upgradedpoints.com/how-to-redee ... ays-avios/
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 3rd, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: retailer update
11 replies
Jan 12, 2015
212 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thx. It seems to become a regular new card promotion for the BA card from now on.
Apr 4, 2017
116 posts
21 upvotes
How much is RBC 35000 points worth?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1085 posts
370 upvotes
Windsor
Will Paytm payments will count towards it ?
Jan 11, 2007
982 posts
67 upvotes
Edmonton
As usual $165 annual fee.

I closed this card in April of this year, do you think i can re-qualify? I can't find the wordings in the fine print.
Oct 2, 2013
784 posts
353 upvotes
Montreal
ysl5710 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 11:41 pm
How much is RBC 35000 points worth?
You can get a 100$ TFSA (CELI) voucher for 12 000 points. So, 35 000 points is a bit shy from 300$.

Gift cards used to be 12 000 PTS = 100$ (6 000 PTS = 50$) but since last year it went up to 14 000 PTS = 100$.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1887 posts
166 upvotes
North Vancouver
from my previous experience, you will get it.

To be on safe side, you can message to RBC to re-confirm you're eligible, get something black and white.

"This offer is only available to new RBC British Airways Visa Infinite cardholders. Additional cardholders, as well as existing RBC British Airways Visa Infinite cardholders as of the offer eligibility period, are not eligible for this offer. "
uglyguy wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 3:47 pm
As usual $165 annual fee.

I closed this card in April of this year, do you think i can re-qualify? I can't find the wordings in the fine print.
Mar 2, 2016
43 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Silly question - whats the difference between Avios and Avion ? Both are RBC aren't they?

I kept seeing Avios and assuming it was a typo lol :facepalm:
Jan 11, 2007
982 posts
67 upvotes
Edmonton
philldo wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 2:35 pm
Silly question - whats the difference between Avios and Avion ? Both are RBC aren't they?

I kept seeing Avios and assuming it was a typo lol :facepalm:
Silly answer from a silly guy - Avion is a RBC owned reward program. For flights, their points can be traded for any airlines with no blackout periods or high/low seasons, so they claimed. Avios is an One World reward program. For flights, their points only be traded with One World carriers like British Airways, JAL, Cathay, Qantas, etc. with high/low seasons. The conversion rate varies, can be significantly, between the two programs. Avion is transferable to Avios only (someone can correct me on this).
Sep 4, 2007
991 posts
388 upvotes
Edmonton
No FYF for ~$300 reward ... so less than $135 net gain. Must spend $5,000 in 2 months. Cold deal IMO.
Sep 15, 2013
766 posts
31 upvotes
Markham
it seems like they opened up a new avios account for me, but how do I know my login info?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1030 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
4sorjai wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 12:06 am
it seems like they opened up a new avios account for me, but how do I know my login info?
Have similar problem: applied for card over the phone (forgot to tell them I already had a BA Executive Club membership), got card and activated, got run around by RBC Visa call agent and the BA call agent, both saying the other side does the membership account association. T&C says a new BAEC account is created if I don't already have done, so do I just wait until I get my first statement to see what the new account # is, and call up BAEC to get them merged?
Intricated

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)