Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Royal Bank

RBC - Free TransUnion Score Rating + Access to Credit Report

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2019 3:36 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1322 posts
906 upvotes
East of Toronto
871 and when I look on Negative Score Factors it says:
Insufficient mortgage experience

I guess it does not look back to when I had a mortgage.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1130 posts
513 upvotes
855 and it also says reason for my score is insufficient mortagage experience, presence of inquiry and recently opened account. I did open many savings accounts recently.

This is the generic statement under recently opened accounts, about not closing oldest accounts.

Presence of recently opened account
Having too much available credit can sometimes harm your credit score. Lenders may feel that you have the ability to spend more than you could potentially pay back. You might want to consider closing a few accounts or asking to have your credit limits reduced. Avoid closing too many accounts - especially the oldest accounts on your credit profile - because it could harm your credit score.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2013
1149 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
My Credit card company is closing _ Chase amazon - no longer will provide credit. I didn't cancel, does will this hurt my credit score or what?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
Have business with TD and BMO, and of course RBC and CIBC are offering this, my luck....
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2005
1275 posts
639 upvotes
Ychanceit wrote: My Credit card company is closing _ Chase amazon - no longer will provide credit. I didn't cancel, does will this hurt my credit score or what?
Are you saying the Amazon.ca card by Chase is shutting down?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
theshowman wrote: Are you saying the Amazon.ca card by Chase is shutting down?
Yes, all accounts being cancelled from Mar 15th, 2018
There is a thread on Personal Finance sub
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
May 5, 2013
412 posts
284 upvotes
NORTH YORK
My tips are correct and important:

1) keep your oldest card active;

2) make at least minimum payment timely;

3) maintain relative low balance around 30% of your total credit limits;

4) keep three types of loans, e.g. credit card, mortgage, personal line of credit, car loan, store credit cards, etc; also have one paid/premium credit card.

Don't worry too much if you use up all credit as long as you pay timely and can reduce the balance to below 30% AT LEAST ONE FULL BILLING CYCLE BEFORE you apply new loans.

First hard check after 6 months will reduce your score dramatically, about 30 points, following hard checks within two weeks reduce only about 10 points each.
Feb 13, 2009
415 posts
325 upvotes
montreal, qc
Is it possible RBC is offering the free report on condition you share the information with them?
You can contact most credit rating companies and get a free report per year.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1374 posts
406 upvotes
Westside
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I have capital one cc. Can I see my credit report for free?
Capital One only provides TransUnion score and minimal details. Borrowell now offers free Equifax score and full report.
Jan 1, 2016
318 posts
470 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
AIOReward wrote:
First hard check after 6 months will reduce your score dramatically, about 30 points, following hard checks within two weeks reduce only about 10 points each.
My financial advisor actually told me that if you only have a few hard checks (2) within 12 months it doesn't really reduce your credit score.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2013
1149 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
theshowman wrote: Are you saying the Amazon.ca card by Chase is shutting down?
Yes, that's correct, if you are with them you should be receiving a piece in the mail shortly
Aug 7, 2015
202 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hey guys, an employee at ScotiaBank illegally opened up a credit card under my name and closed it a week later to pad their "sales". This was 3 years ago. Should I make an effort to remove it from my credit reports? Does it affect my credit score, having occurred so long ago?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Thanks. I've never seen my transunion report before, just the equifax one. When I got my mortgage a few years ago, the score they pulled up was a bit less than what I saw on equifax. The one thing I do find odd is I don't see my mortgage anywhere on either report.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2017
1165 posts
1303 upvotes
Nanaimo
Prob your wife had the title transferred to her name....Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41801 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Jazzee01 wrote: It didn't work when it was announced it was "coming soon" when clicked
Worked for me and many others.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11668 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
Jazzee01 wrote: It didn't work when it was announced it was "coming soon" when clicked
For some people yes.
Others, like myself, had access to it from day one.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11668 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
zod wrote: The one thing I do find odd is I don't see my mortgage anywhere on either report.
Not odd. Some mortgage lenders don't report their loans.
I'm with BMO and mine shows on the report.
Probably all big lenders report.