Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Royal Bank

RBC - Free TransUnion Score Rating + Access to Credit Report

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2019 3:36 pm
Mar 6, 2016
164 posts
89 upvotes
derek1984 wrote: Yeah, I knew that. But isn't 80 points a bit too much? And does Equifax always rate higher than TransUnion?
No.. its the other way around for me. My Equifax score has always been around 60 points lower than my TransUnion score.
Nov 11, 2006
47 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP! Was able to go through RBC english portal.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
how do u get free credit with capital one?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2004
1062 posts
296 upvotes
Does RBC have some sort of free account with a certain deposit amount? I didn't see anything on the web.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2009
3590 posts
2953 upvotes
Montreal
trader37 wrote: Does RBC have some sort of free account with a certain deposit amount? I didn't see anything on the web.
Sounds like you’re looking at chequing accounts so no, not without getting several products. What you want to access this deal is a free savings account.
Wealthsimple Premium
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
Doesn't creditkarma offer the exact same thing (Transunion score+credit report)? Why is everyone going crazy over this deal? Someone please explain.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
Niroxu wrote: Hey guys, an employee at ScotiaBank illegally opened up a credit card under my name and closed it a week later to pad their "sales". This was 3 years ago. Should I make an effort to remove it from my credit reports? Does it affect my credit score, having occurred so long ago?
I'm not sure how to prove that now, all these years later but yes, you should absolutely look into fixing that. It's not your history.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
Thanks for this, 834, isn't bad.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2004
1062 posts
296 upvotes
It's too bad they don't user equifax, that would have been nice.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1458 posts
286 upvotes
Renous
trader37 wrote: It's too bad they don't user equifax, that would have been nice.
Borrowell uses Equifax. It's free

I think most lenders have moved away from checking Equifax since the breach.. I could be wrong.
Reserved for future time travellers
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2004
1062 posts
296 upvotes
patpond wrote: Borrowell uses Equifax. It's free
Thanks. I have Borrowell. I thought people were still heavily using Equifax. I'm really interested in the credit score simulator more than anything. I had far too many hits in the last 12 months... buying a house, leasing a car, switching cell company's etc etc

Now with the Amazon chase visa shutting down, I'm definitely concerned how another credit check and credit card is going to impact my score. Having said that, I know opening a bank account will add another hit to my credit score as well. Maybe I should just wait a year before I bother replacing the credit card :(
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1458 posts
286 upvotes
Renous
trader37 wrote: Thanks. I have Borrowell. I thought people were still heavily using Equifax. I'm really interested in the credit score simulator more than anything. I had far too many hits in the last 12 months... buying a house, leasing a car, switching cell company's etc etc

Now with the Amazon chase visa shutting down, I'm definitely concerned how another credit check and credit card is going to impact my score. Having said that, I know opening a bank account will add another hit to my credit score as well. Maybe I should just wait a year before I bother replacing the credit card :(
Inquiries don't have that big of an impact on your score. The score simulator the RBC uses is a bit wacky anyways. I put in that I paid off all of my balances, and score dropped like 40 points - :-/
Reserved for future time travellers
Sep 3, 2017
13 posts
18 upvotes
deal_king wrote: Doesn't creditkarma offer the exact same thing (Transunion score+credit report)? Why is everyone going crazy over this deal? Someone please explain.
CreditKarma is not available in the following areas: Quebec, the Northwest Territories, Nunavut or the Yukon. Source: https://creditkarma.ca/signup
So, for me, it's a great deal as I live in Quebec.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4846 posts
2018 upvotes
Ottawa
What's the difference b/t using this and creditkarma?
May 11, 2011
314 posts
214 upvotes
North York
896! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

How does score actually go up? Tried everything in the simulator and it just goes down. Was thinking about canceling some CCs..
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
3793 posts
4010 upvotes
Toronto
cccrimson wrote: 896! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

How does score actually go up? Tried everything in the simulator and it just goes down. Was thinking about canceling some CCs..
It doesn't really go up at that point very easily, nothing to worry about as you won't be restricted in anyway with that score.
May 11, 2015
241 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
I've been unemployed my entire life, and yet pulling in a solid 840. Cheers to many more years of unemployment

Negative Score Factors
Insufficient mortgage experience

This is stupid, so its better to mortgage a house than to pay cash for it... okay.
Jan 17, 2012
312 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
CreditKarma also gives it to you for free

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)