Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Royal Bank

RBC Infinite Avion 25,000 Welcome Points (179 annual fee)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 1:50 pm
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
37 posts
57 upvotes

[Royal Bank] RBC Infinite Avion 25,000 Welcome Points (179 annual fee)

For annual fee of 179, you get 25000 points which you can get ~250$ if you don't wait to get the best deal out of it. The value is that it is Visa infinite. You can use the benefit of that under your small business account.
15 replies
Aug 20, 2016
53 posts
32 upvotes
Why waste an application for a net gain of ~$70? Terrible value. Even small business cards have decent promotions that greatly reduce AF, so wait for one of them or just use personals.
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
37 posts
57 upvotes
This is the best I could find amongst the banks, I need to get a card and thought to share it with all. Any better one out there that you might know of? 70 is better than nothing.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2015
1091 posts
976 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dealicious wrote: This is the best I could find amongst the banks, I need to get a card and thought to share it with all. Any better one out there that you might know of? 70 is better than nothing.
check the credit cards sub-forum in finance. More credit card discussions. I personally dont consider a CC deal hot unless its atleast $100 for a sign up plus benefits but i guess it depends on people.
If my post is helpful don't forget to hit that upvote!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
they jacked the annual free
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Sep 23, 2010
324 posts
994 upvotes
Toronto
dealicious wrote: For annual fee of 179, you get 25000 points which you can get ~250$ if you don't wait to get the best deal out of it. The value is that it is Visa infinite. You can use the benefit of that under your small business account.
The Annual Fee is actually $175.00 per your link.

Offer: 25,000 welcome points†
Annual Fee: $175
Purchase Rate: 19.99%
Cash Advance Rate: 22.99%
Additional Card: $75
(max. 9 additional cards)
Aug 20, 2016
53 posts
32 upvotes
As others have pointed out Jerry's list and the main post on the churningcanada reddit are useful resources for higher value applications. As an FYI small business cards are personally guaranteed so there's really no difference between them and a personal card, other than different deals and usually a more annoying application process.
Sep 23, 2010
324 posts
994 upvotes
Toronto
Bessem wrote: they jacked the annual free
This is for a business account under the Avion card. The fee for personal accounts is still $120.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
luckylucass wrote: This is for a business account under the Avion card. The fee for personal accounts is still $120.
Makes sense , thanks for the clarification.
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
37 posts
57 upvotes
fuzzydealhunter wrote: check the credit cards sub-forum in finance. More credit card discussions. I personally dont consider a CC deal hot unless its atleast $100 for a sign up plus benefits but i guess it depends on people.
my bad, new here, thought this is the right place, will do!
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1579 posts
3141 upvotes
Calgary, AB
dealicious wrote: This is the best I could find amongst the banks, I need to get a card and thought to share it with all. Any better one out there that you might know of? 70 is better than nothing.
You could get the personal RBC avion right now through drop. You get 15k points immediately, 5k points after you spend $1,000 and annual $120 fee waived the first year. You also get $80 worth of drop points.

If this is the best deal you could find you must not have been searching very hard. It's literally one of the worst.

TD has three good cards as well, CIBC's infinite cards are also better.
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
37 posts
57 upvotes
asbraich wrote: You could get the personal RBC avion right now through drop. You get 15k points immediately, 5k points after you spend $1,000 and annual $120 fee waived the first year. You also get $80 worth of drop points.

If this is the best deal you could find you must not have been searching very hard. It's literally one of the worst.

TD has three good cards as well, CIBC's infinite cards are also better.
What is drop?
Feb 24, 2018
18 posts
8 upvotes
My Analysis

100 Avion Points = 1 CAD$
25000 Avion Points = 250 CAD$
Credit Card Annual Fee = 179 CAD$

250 CAD$ - 179 = 71 CAD$

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)