Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1152 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
CardinalComb wrote:
May 7th, 2017 2:43 pm
The fee is waived if you have 3 acounts with them
So would this work for waived fees and a free watch?

1) no fee credit card
2) $500 GIC
3) chequing account
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
2700 posts
778 upvotes
Calgary
blindemboss wrote:
May 7th, 2017 3:55 pm

1) no fee credit card
2) $500 GIC
3) chequing account
Dude,you may have found a hole but that only drops the fees on the 15$ account to 9$
Apr 15, 2014
85 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto, ON
blindemboss wrote:
May 7th, 2017 3:55 pm

1) no fee credit card
2) $500 GIC
3) chequing account
I don't know. I have a mortgage, credit card and chequing account with rbc. I need to use my credit card (its not my primary card) to get the rebate on the monthly chequing account fee.
Sep 27, 2016
28 posts
4 upvotes
Would this work if I already have an account there? Just switch it to this?
Oct 13, 2015
713 posts
208 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
Damn I already have the RBC bank account. This deal just for new clients right?
Jan 28, 2011
48 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal, QC
pmcd wrote:
May 7th, 2017 11:22 am
You get what you pay for. By the way Tangerine started with no tfsa transfer fees, higher interest than Scotia... and slowly but surely that has changed. In addition they insist on charging for Interac transfers. You can't compare Tangerine to RBC or TD in the service you will get.
You can transfert money free with a small delay, on pay for Interac transfert like every other bank. I transferred money every 2 weeks to a BNC account for my mortgage and didn't pay any fee.

We've been using Tangerine checking account since the beginning and we can always withdraw money from a place without fee, can go to a Tangerine Cafe to withdraw US money at a very low cost, etc.

Try it and you'll see that it's not much different than using a normal bank web portal, with less limitation. ;)
Jun 1, 2008
927 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
@Myrandor

I have been with Tangerine for years. Not all banks charge for Interac transfers. Alterna gives you 2 free/month, RBC considers them a transaction so I get quite a few free/month, TD offers them free if you maintain $5k, etc...

Of course Tangerine offers free slower e-mail transfers. So do others banks of that nature.

Tangerine's interest rates are actually lower than Scotia the last time I checked but they are generally pretty close to Scotia and they charge fees for transferring a tfsa, which they did not do at first.

The most important negative with Tangerine is you never establish a relationship with the financial institution. It's all very anonymous. You might get away with that for a while but most people eventually benefit from having a good relationship with people.

There are many positives with Tangerine but it is no substitute for a proper bank in my opinion.
Jan 15, 2013
223 posts
2 upvotes
LASALLE
I have this account. But I had an account with rbc since forever. They always have promotions for new clients but they do not do anything to reward loyal customers and keep existing customers.
Jul 7, 2016
308 posts
98 upvotes
I'm with rbc time to switch to see if I can get some rewards.. I like free stuff too
Jan 28, 2011
48 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal, QC
pmcd wrote:
May 9th, 2017 12:17 pm
Tangerine's interest rates are actually lower than Scotia the last time I checked but they are generally pretty close to Scotia and they charge fees for transferring a tfsa, which they did not do at first.

The most important negative with Tangerine is you never establish a relationship with the financial institution. It's all very anonymous. You might get away with that for a while but most people eventually benefit from having a good relationship with people.

There are many positives with Tangerine but it is no substitute for a proper bank in my opinion.
Sure, interest may not be as good as they used to be. But concerning relationship, for what I paid with bank, I didn't have the service associated with that.

Tangerine is really anonymous, but after calling them a few times, services on the phone is as good as what you can get in a financial institution.

It's just strange to see bank giving iPhones, iPads, Apple Watch and other things like that. If they do it, it's because you give them enough money to pay for that. NOTHING IS FREE!

I'm just happy that I no longer pay monthly fee. Even if I pay a couple of bucks for Interac withdrawals and transfert, it's still less than what I used to pay. ;)

But hey, it's not for everyone! But you need to really look at monthly fees, requirements and other fees to better compare everything.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27441 posts
612 upvotes
Dildo, NL
shachar wrote:
May 4th, 2017 12:51 pm
...Also, does anybody actually have an Apple Watch and can recommend it?...
All I know is the dude at Tims drive-thru had on the Gear., and I was blown away by its curved design. No clue about anything else about it - but purely from those esthetics, I rank the Gear >>>> iWatch. Again, ONLY based on looks., not app interface/quality/anything else.
???unlim CDN air&msging???unlim Global SMS???CD/VM???8Gb???$45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Tutorial: HotLinking Pics in Posts
Mar 9, 2012
540 posts
146 upvotes
KITCHENER
ratatapa wrote:
May 4th, 2017 12:22 pm
Not sure I read correctly but 14.95$ per month and you have to stay there for a bit

You don't save that much vs just buying the watch

And iirc the first version of the watch is isn't that good
So basically you're paying $180 for a $399+tax Apple Watch.

Count me in on this.. thanks
Mar 9, 2012
540 posts
146 upvotes
KITCHENER
Thatdealguy wrote:
May 4th, 2017 12:39 pm
Can only cancel after September 28 2018.
So have to be with them for 16 months.

$14.95 x 16 months = $239.20
Says you need to be set-up by September 1. So it's 12 or 13 months. Not 16.

Either way, still cheaper than buy the Watch outright. I was in the mood for a Watch, especially since I got a new iPhone...in for 9...
Mar 9, 2012
540 posts
146 upvotes
KITCHENER
bubble.tea wrote:
May 10th, 2017 8:27 am
All I know is the dude at Tims drive-thru had on the Gear., and I was blown away by its curved design. No clue about anything else about it - but purely from those esthetics, I rank the Gear >>>> iWatch. Again, ONLY based on looks., not app interface/quality/anything else.
Some truth. I have an Moto 360. Beautiful Watch. Just amazing. Only issue, limited functioning with Apple. But the watch itself is awesome.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel