Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Royal Bank

RBC Visa Infinite Avion sign up offer: 25,000 bonus points and first year free!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2019 2:01 pm
Aug 4, 2017
44 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto

[Royal Bank] RBC Visa Infinite Avion sign up offer: 25,000 bonus points and first year free!

25,000 points upon first purchase, no minimum spend and no annual fee.
Points can be transferred to other frequent flyer programs and they sometimes have promos for extra points (like to British Airways Avios and Westjet)

This is the best signup bonus I've seen in a while. It's usually 15,000 points with no annual fee waiver.

Edit 1: Updated link in thread which does not contain a referral. http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-card ... ASC=3C6002 (no fyf and 15k points only, refer to edit #6)
Thanks SoroSuub1

Edit 2: For existing RBC credit card holders, some people reported that they may only be receiving 15K bonus and potentially no FYF. The general consensus is to apply as if you were a new customer, which should get you 25K Avion points and FYF (don't enter your account details when applying to the card). Data Points are varied so YMMV on this.

Edit #3: Check post #394 by user djino who was successful in getting the 25k points and FYF despite being an existing RBC client. Thanks for sharing djino.

Edit #4: According to Rewards Canada (removed), April 30th 2018 was the last day although the link still seems to work. If you plan on applying, make sure to keep screenshots in case you get charged and/or you don't get 25K.

Edit #5: Reward Canada is now reporting that the new expiry date has been extended to May 31, 2018 (removed).

Edit #6: New and updated link: https://apps.royalbank.com/uaw0/iao/app ... main/intro (Thanks @X360 !)
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 20th, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Thread Summary
http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-card ... ASC=3C6002

Upon enrolment, 25,000 bonus RBC Rewards points will appear on your first monthly statement. Additional cardholder(s), as well as existing RBC Visa Infinite Avion or Visa Platinum Avion, Cathay Pacific‡ Visa Platinum, British Airways‡ Visa Infinite, RBC Rewards Visa Preferred, RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege and RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege for Private Banking cardholders, applying for or transferring to an RBC Visa Infinite Avion card as of the offer eligibility period, are not eligible for this offer.
1517 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18642 posts
5669 upvotes
25,000 equal to how much
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8405 posts
4688 upvotes
Great deal if you're Rewards Canada and earning commission of $30-$50 for each person who uses their link to sign up.

I think this might be the sanitized link without referral:

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-cards/camp/iav/1802/

Edit: Updated link that actually works

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-cards/camp/iav/1802/?ASC=3C6002
Last edited by SoroSuub1 on Feb 20th, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1912 posts
1188 upvotes
Calgary
kiasu wrote: 25,000 equal to how much
$250 towards travel.

Just an FYI: The other sign up bonus for this card could be 15k points with $100 statement credit. This is the type of cards you claim the bonus and cancel it right way.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8079 posts
3859 upvotes
ibuddler wrote: $250 towards travel.

Just an FYI: The other sign up bonus for this card could be 15k points with $100 statement credit. This is the type of cards you claim the bonus and cancel it right way.
You can also convert to BA Avios (which sometimes has 50% bonus on conversion). With BA Avios, you can fly roundtrip to Miami for 20,000 points. So this could potentially be worth almost 2 roundtrip flights to Miami.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2197 upvotes
ibuddler wrote: $250 towards travel.

I don't see the 15k points + $100 statement credit offer, could you provide a link?

I see nothing about a minimum spend/minimum age of account/etc. for this card, can anyone who has received this card before comment on the application process, and if RBC has ever given you trouble for cancelling (immediately) after receiving the bonus?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1693 posts
1946 upvotes
vancouver
There's no minimum spend. You get the points right away.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13458 posts
4616 upvotes
GTA
sports1 wrote: I don't see the 15k points + $100 statement credit offer, could you provide a link?

That offer expired.

I've been thinking about this card for a while, now I basically get a year to test drive it, with no fee and free points. No brainer.

And.......free pop and snacks at the Canadian Open ;)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12638 posts
6009 upvotes
Mmmmmm.. tempted.

How do you redeem points with Avion?
Jan 7, 2017
324 posts
240 upvotes
SoroSuub1 wrote: Great deal if you're Rewards Canada and earning commission of $30-$50 for each person who uses their link to sign up.

I think this might be the sanitized link without referral:

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-cards/camp/iav/1802/
Tried your link (via iPhone browser), promo doesn’t carry through to the application (after clicking apply) so likely the rewards Canada affiliate codes are required. Someone could miss that detail and wind up not getting the promo.
Mobile: Rogers Wireless, Public Mobile, Fido
Credit Cards: Amex SB Plat, Amex Cobalt, Amex Aeroplan Reserve
Cashback: GCR, Topcashback
Eats: Uber, Skip, Doordash
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1912 posts
1188 upvotes
Calgary
LNahid2000 wrote: You can also convert to BA Avios (which sometimes has 50% bonus on conversion). With BA Avios, you can fly roundtrip to Miami for 20,000 points. So this could potentially be worth almost 2 roundtrip flights to Miami.
And you pay a lot surcharges and taxes?
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12398 posts
4933 upvotes
Toronto
I'm current RBC client and it leads me to use my existing pw to sign in. When I apply, it doesn't say the annual fee is waived for the first year tho.

I don't want to sign up and end up cost me $120 for this card....
I already have another no fee RBC Visa, Do I have to call to get the other one cancel if I don't want to carry 2 cards.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
2230 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
MP3_SKY wrote: I'm current RBC client and it leads me to use my existing pw to sign in. When I apply, it doesn't say the annual fee is waived for the first year tho.

I don't want to sign up and end up cost me $120 for this card....
I already have another no fee RBC Visa, Do I have to call to get the other one cancel if I don't want to carry 2 cards.
I clicked on the link and then apply now. I clicked on NOT an RBC Royal Bank Online Banking client and I was presented with only 15,000 points with no mention of first year free.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1597 posts
1455 upvotes
solo. wrote: I clicked on the link and then apply now. I clicked on NOT an RBC Royal Bank Online Banking client and I was presented with only 15,000 points with no mention of first year free.
same
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8079 posts
3859 upvotes
ibuddler wrote: And you pay a lot surcharges and taxes?
I booked a roundtrip flight to Miami last week. Taxes were $65 total.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13458 posts
4616 upvotes
GTA
Approved in 30 seconds:
screenshot.10.jpg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13458 posts
4616 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP.

Why the downvotes????

[edit] When I posted this it was 0 upvotes and 6 downs :0
Last edited by Hugh Jass on Feb 20th, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)