Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Royal Bank

RBC WestJet World Elite - $250+$100 WJD

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2020 10:34 am
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2733 posts
3964 upvotes

[Royal Bank] RBC WestJet World Elite - $250+$100 WJD

New bonus of $100 WJD, on top of the usual $250 WJD, when you sign up for this card between now and January 6th. It's on the public RBC page, so all should be eligible (per T&Cs)
Get 250 welcome WestJet dollars + for a limited time, earn an additional 100 WestJet dollars when you make your first purchase in the first 3 months
Annual fee: $119
Purchase Rate: 19.99%
Cash Advance Rate: 22.99%

Still comes with companion voucher and free checked baggage as well.
Last edited by 13inches on Jan 7th, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
121 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
I want to get this card to save on checked baggage fees at the end of January for my family of four. Ideally, though, I'd get FYF - anyone think it's worth waiting to see if something better comes in early January?
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
2157 posts
3003 upvotes
cappaj wrote: I want to get this card to save on checked baggage fees at the end of January for my family of four. Ideally, though, I'd get FYF - anyone think it's worth waiting to see if something better comes in early January?
This "$100 Extra WJD" is likely the replacement for FYF. Many creditcard are going away from FYF model. This probably won't change back.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
Not bad...

... I was successful in signing up for the targeted email offer last time (that looked like it was generic, and available to all ON residents). $250WJD + 6 months silver status + FYF. To my understanding, the WJWE never had a FYF offer up until earlier this year.

Had to call into RBC to get the FYF credit (their system wouldn't automatically recognize the ASD code for some reason), but got it with relative ease once they investigated.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
2157 posts
3003 upvotes
sports1 wrote: Not bad...

... I was successful in signing up for the targeted email offer last time (that looked like it was generic, and available to all ON residents). $250WJD + 6 months silver status + FYF. To my understanding, the WJWE never had a FYF offer up until earlier this year.

Had to call into RBC to get the FYF credit (their system wouldn't automatically recognize the ASD code for some reason), but got it with relative ease once they investigated.
I had the same experience with you on my first application, I doubt FYF is coming back for WSJ. If you had some use for the credit it is still amazing deal even with the Yearly fee.
Jan 8, 2018
153 posts
81 upvotes
cappaj wrote: I want to get this card to save on checked baggage fees at the end of January for my family of four. Ideally, though, I'd get FYF - anyone think it's worth waiting to see if something better comes in early January?
Just an FYI, the WJD doesn't cover the taxes, just the fare cost. But it's a great card still, wife and I are going to Vegas, total flight cost for both of us was 280 dollars for 2 tickets after using the WJD + companion pass.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
Gchase2 wrote: Just an FYI, the WJD doesn't cover the taxes, just the fare cost. But it's a great card still, wife and I are going to Vegas, total flight cost for both of us was 280 dollars for 2 tickets after using the WJD + companion pass.
My wife and I are planning to go to NYC next summer, so I'm hoping the WJD will come in handy for that!
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2005
1045 posts
22 upvotes
I have a WJ card now. Anyone know if I cancel my existing card, when I can sign up again to qualify as a "new" customer to get this promo?
Mar 14, 2009
615 posts
985 upvotes
Halifax
The Additional WestJet Dollars do not apply to product changes from another RBC credit card to the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard.
Bummer.
Aug 19, 2006
45 posts
48 upvotes
On this page where it talks about their Silver status there is an advertisement that says “Limited Time Offer : Waived Annual Fee and More perks” in the middle of the page. If you click on it it takes you to the $250 + $100 WJD bonus. Wonder if you can get FYF and Bonus if you apply this way?

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/rewards/tiers/silver
Dec 30, 2012
36 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone know if any sites like greatcanadianrebates has a cash back promo or anything else equally exciting?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Well, it's maybe a warmish deal. A month ago I applied and got this for 250WJ and FYF!
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2340 posts
1389 upvotes
Ottawa
If you are a RBC client you can open an RBC VIP bank account to get annual fee rebate on this credit card and then close the bank account afterwards.
You'll likely have to eat a partial monthly fee, but if you have a nice teller they may waive this for you. ymmv.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
4399 posts
1250 upvotes
Do you guys think a product switch would get the $250 and $100? I know historically, it's usually just the welcome bonus of $250, but the $100 kind of also seems like part of the welcome bonus.

Edit: ignore my comment. I just saw this was answered a few post up. lol
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
fruzmatik wrote: If you are a RBC client you can open an RBC VIP bank account to get annual fee rebate on this credit card and then close the bank account afterwards.
You'll likely have to eat a partial monthly fee, but if you have a nice teller they may waive this for you. ymmv.
Exactly what I did. Upgraded my account to VIP, got the card, then switched back to my normal account after the credit for the AF posted. Fee is pro-rated so it was less than $5. Going to do the same thing when this card is up for renewal.

You can upgrade to VIP via onlinebanking but they make you call in to downgrade.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
7019 posts
1546 upvotes
Mississauga
Perfect timing as I'm looking to get a new travel cc. Any way to get fyf without being an rbc customer?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2340 posts
1389 upvotes
Ottawa
peakingduck wrote: Exactly what I did. Upgraded my account to VIP, got the card, then switched back to my normal account after the credit for the AF posted. Fee is pro-rated so it was less than $5. Going to do the same thing when this card is up for renewal.

You can upgrade to VIP via onlinebanking but they make you call in to downgrade.
Yeah totally worth it - it was annoying to not be able to downgrade online.
So I went in branch and closed the account and they refunded my partial monthly fee.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1354 posts
700 upvotes
I did this promo last time and I thought silver status was included in the 250 + 100. I was wrong, as silver was part of the 250 + fyf. I didn't realize this but emailed WestJet and complained my silver status never came with my 250 + 100.

A week later they emailed me saying silver status has been applied :)

YMMV