Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Cruise Deals - BOGO'S BACK

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2015 8:19 am
Aug 15, 2013
228 posts
122 upvotes
Westmount
Are you on the Canadian website of Royal?
Sep 24, 2008
756 posts
355 upvotes
Oakville
Genia11 wrote: Thanks TCWeasel! I called in and added OBC to my February cruise.

I called Gifts & Gear at 1-800-722-5443.

They did tell me the most they can do over the phone is $499 USD.
Thanks - I called them and they confirmed the OBC could be added at the favourable 10% exchange. The agent seemed to imply that any unspent OBC could NOT be refunded though. There don't seem to be any T&C's regarding this OBC pre-funding...so I guess I'll take his word on the no refund and just load what I expect to spend for sure.
Jun 23, 2015
57 posts
3 upvotes
Did you deposit CAD funds for obc which is usd right? Kinda lost.. We have a family cruise on April 2016!!
Jul 24, 2015
25 posts
2 upvotes
Concord, ON
swales wrote: Yes you can and whatever you don't use they just give it back to you. Did two cruises on RCCL this summer and called ahead and put the credit on my account at the better rate.
How did they refund the unspent credit? Did they give it back to you at the 10% or did they do a CC refund (at market rates)?
Sep 24, 2008
756 posts
355 upvotes
Oakville
Dealhuntress101 wrote: Did you deposit CAD funds for obc which is usd right? Kinda lost.. We have a family cruise on April 2016!!
This is what the agent said - assuming you booked in CAD....then to buy $100 USD OBC, they will charge your CC $110 CAD. Pretty sweet deal!
Jun 23, 2015
57 posts
3 upvotes
clementma wrote: This is what the agent said - assuming you booked in CAD....then to buy $100 USD OBC, they will charge your CC $110 CAD. Pretty sweet deal!
Yup i booked in cad.. Can I do this online or I have to call? This deal is until when? Im so excited but I dont have an access to the phone right now..

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
Monks76 wrote: How did they refund the unspent credit? Did they give it back to you at the 10% or did they do a CC refund (at market rates)?
They refunded at the 10%
Sep 24, 2008
756 posts
355 upvotes
Oakville
swales wrote: They refunded at the 10%
ah ok....guess that's fair (although it would have been nice to make some money on the refund) ;)
Sep 24, 2008
756 posts
355 upvotes
Oakville
Dealhuntress101 wrote: Yup i booked in cad.. Can I do this online or I have to call? This deal is until when? Im so excited but I dont have an access to the phone right now..

Thanks!
They said you can do it "online" - but the process he explained to me was ridiculous.

1) Login to your reservation
2) Goto Deals & Gifts
3) Goto Onboard Delivery
4) Goto Celebrations
5) Download the order form
6) Fill out the form - OBC is item number 000651
7) For Qty enter the amount you want (in USD)
8) Fax the form...

I wouldn't go anywhere near this "manual" process....better to just give them a call and do it online.
Sep 24, 2008
756 posts
355 upvotes
Oakville
Dealhuntress101 wrote: Thanks clementma! Ill just make a call today. Have you seen this http://www.viator.com/things-to-do/Save ... rer=Boards 10percent off for the shore excursions, just incase you dont have bookings yet.. I havent decided on any excursions yet but its a nice to have some ideas.
Thanks for the link. We have young children (5yr and 1.5yrs old)...so for some ports we just stay on the boat. If we get off, we just grab a cab to a beach and spend an hour or two. That's as adventurous as it gets for us!
Jun 23, 2015
57 posts
3 upvotes
clementma wrote: Thanks for the link. We have young children (5yr and 1.5yrs old)...so for some ports we just stay on the boat. If we get off, we just grab a cab to a beach and spend an hour or two. That's as adventurous as it gets for us!

Have fun! Give me some tips when youre done with your cruise! Its our first cruise Im not sure what to expect, we are also planning on doing harry potter at universals as our post cruise activity
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
clementma wrote: Thanks for the link. We have young children (5yr and 1.5yrs old)...so for some ports we just stay on the boat. If we get off, we just grab a cab to a beach and spend an hour or two. That's as adventurous as it gets for us!
Some tips since you have kids.

All ports are wheelchair and stroller friendly so if you goto some with the kids, go out early. Kids can play and then come back to the boat for lunch, some rest time and enjoy rest of day time on the boat.
Leave beach towels at home. They provide towels for those going off the boat to beach or excursions.
Bring kids lifejackets if you plan on swimming on beach days.
No need for snacks and drinks for kids. Tons to eat on the boat for them.
Ensure to pay enough diapers and medicine for kids. You wont find them at ports or too expensive on boat.
Though if you prepay gratuity on royal caribbean. The staff expects more. Tip cabin steward a bit early and after, get to know him/her. They will come multiple times and make sure you get everything and anything you need. Every few hours i come back, my room is clean and brand new towels.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
1318 posts
138 upvotes
Calgary
PCDawg wrote: Some tips since you have kids.

Though if you prepay gratuity on royal caribbean. The staff expects more. Tip cabin steward a bit early and after, get to know him/her. They will come multiple times and make sure you get everything and anything you need. Every few hours i come back, my room is clean and brand new towels.
To all - not OP : Please don't be one of those people that prepays gratuity and then also tips. I know you are trying to be nice and show respect, but it devalues the pre-pay gratuity option into something completely meaningless, so much so that eventually it will just be a tax. You know, the 'ol "cruise line *says* it is for tips, but we all know you also have to tip a little bit as well".

If you want to tip, just do it and don't pre-pay gratuities. I'm all for that model. I am also for the prepaid model, but it has to be one or the other, not both.
Jun 23, 2015
57 posts
3 upvotes
shuffle wrote: To all - not OP : Please don't be one of those people that prepays gratuity and then also tips. I know you are trying to be nice and show respect, but it devalues the pre-pay gratuity option into something completely meaningless, so much so that eventually it will just be a tax. You know, the 'ol "cruise line *says* it is for tips, but we all know you also have to tip a little bit as well".

If you want to tip, just do it and don't pre-pay gratuities. I'm all for that model. I am also for the prepaid model, but it has to be one or the other, not both.
I also prepaid the gratuity for our cruise. My question is does the staff knows if you pay the gratuities already or they are expecting something if you dont? We chose the anytime dining option which requires us to pay the gratuities upon booking.
How much is the reasonable tip for house keeping for 7days considering I pay the gratuities already?
Sep 24, 2008
756 posts
355 upvotes
Oakville
Dealhuntress101 wrote: I also prepaid the gratuity for our cruise. My question is does the staff knows if you pay the gratuities already or they are expecting something if you dont? We chose the anytime dining option which requires us to pay the gratuities upon booking.
How much is the reasonable tip for house keeping for 7days considering I pay the gratuities already?
Maybe we are cheap - but we usually don't tip the waiters and/or housekeeping anything on top of the pre-paid gratuities. We only usually tip extra for room service. It used to be that with the pre-paid gratuities you get these slips at the end of the cruise to put in your tip envelops that you give to each person (housekeeper, waiter, assistant waiter, head waiter). The slip basically tells them how much of your pre-paid gratuity goes to them (you always have the option to adjust up/down based on exceptionally good or bad service). So I'd assume that the staff doesn't know until the last day how much you will tip. However, not sure if things have changed...the last RC cruise we went on was 2 yrs ago.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
The problem I have with the prepaid gratuity is how they break it down for the staff, the waiters/head waiter get the main chunk and the houskeeping gets a lot less, they even increased the amount of the prepaid gratuity last month and the extra goes to the wait staff. I prefer to give the tips to the people that deserve, and that's been different on every cruise I've been on. I've already done two 7 day cruises this summer and on the first cruise the wait staff were below average and the room attendant was fantastic so I tipped accordingly, on the second cruise the room attendant did the bare minimum and I was never able to track her down and when I did have a simple request she said no, so she got the bare minimum tip while the assistant waiter was fantastic so he got more.