Hot Deals

[Royal Caribbean] Cruise Sale. 50% off Second Guest and Kids Sail Free.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2445 posts
314 upvotes
Nepean

Cruise Sale. 50% off Second Guest and Kids Sail Free.

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 1, 2017
Retailer:
Royal Caribbean
There was a thread about this about a month or more ago but it has been moved to expired deals since that deal expired. This is a bit different.

Summary:
- Book between August 1 - August 31, 2017.
- Sail date after Sept 1, 2017- May 15, 2018.
- 50% off 2nd passenger, 25% off 3rd and 4th
- Kids under 12 sail free on 4 days or longer. Says up to quad occupancy but applies to rooms that can fit 5 all well but you have to call in to book that. They still pay taxes and Port fees though
- Applicable to Caribbean and European Cruises
- RCCL has 2 prices, one that is cheaper if you choose non-refundable deposit or if you want to have a refundable deposit for put to 75/90 days before that price is slightly higher.
- gratuities are an extra $13.50 USD a day per person

I've used this sale 2 times in last 3 years and it is the best your are going to get if you have younger kids. My advice as I said on that last thread is to book through a good travel agent to get some more free stuff added on or at least to have someone who is knowledgeable working for you. Some may say that they have had a bad experience with travel agents not responding to them. My advice is to find another agent. I really like my agent as she is reachable almost 24/7, even while on Vacation. She works for a big company, Expedia Cruise Ship Centres so they also have a lot of pull with RCCL if something goes wrong.

I'm a recent cruise convert so if you have any questions, just ask or PM and I will try to answer. I'm already booked on a kids sail free cruise for next year but that was under the last sale which was 60% off. Honestly, the way they do the pricing it works out to be like $25 difference a person.

Kids Sail Free

The more detailed details for those who like reading it.
Cruise must be booked between August 1, 2017 through August 31, 2017 12:00 AM EST (“Offer Period”). Offer applies to sailings departing on or after September 1, 2017. Offer excludes China departures. Offer includes 50% off cruise fare of second guest who must be booked in the same stateroom as a first guest who books at full fare (“BOGO”). Offer also includes 25% cruise fare savings for 3rd guests and higher booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualifying guests. Additionally, Kids Sail Free offer provides free cruise fare of third and higher guests who are 12 years or younger as of cruise departure date, booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualifying guests in a triple or quad occupancy stateroom. Kids Sail Free offer is valid on 4–night or longer Europe, Bahamas, and Caribbean Sailings departing September 1, 2017 – May 15, 2018 excluding holiday sailings departing November 17, 2017-November 27, 2017, December 17, 2017–January 8, 2018, February 15, 2018-February 20, 2018 and March 10, 2018 - April 1, 2018. Deck the Holidays Deals offer provides savings for guests who book a holiday sailing departing from December 19, 2017 through December 31, 2017 and December 18, 2018 through December 31, 2018. Offer includes an instant savings determined by category booked and sailing length: $25 off per stateroom for interior and oceanview on sailings 5 nights or less, $50 off per stateroom for balconies and suites on sailings 5 nights and less, $50 off per stateroom for interior and oceanview on sailings 6 nights and longer, $75 off per stateroom for balconies and $100 off for suites on sailings 6 nights or longer. Non-Refundable Deposit reservations that are booked six months or more prior to the cruise departure date are eligible to receive a per stateroom onboard credit ("OBC") in the following amount: for sailings 5-nights and less, $25 OBC for interior and oceanview, and $50 OBC for balcony and suite; and for sailings of 6-nights and longer, $50 OBC for interior and oceanview, $100 OBC for balcony and suite. OBC is in USD, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. All other charges, including, but not limited to, taxes, fees and port expenses, are additional and apply to all guests. BOGO does not apply to third and higher occupancy guests. BOGO and Kids Sail Free Offers are combinable with NRDB OBC, promotional OBCs and instant savings, NextCruise offers, restricted discounts (for example, Senior, Resident, Military), Crown and Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. Deck the Holidays sale is combinable with NextCruise offers, NRDB OBC, and restricted discounts (for example, Senior, Resident, Military) but is not combinable with Shareholder benefits and Crown and Anchor discounts
Last edited by southnam on Aug 1st, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
164 replies
Mar 27, 2011
567 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
lol you kept writing "kids sale free" and I thought it was a pretty punny name for the promotion... turns out nope it's actually kids sail free.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2445 posts
314 upvotes
Nepean
Thanks for pointing it out. Fixed the sale and sails...
Aug 29, 2011
70 posts
39 upvotes
southnam wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 7:28 pm
Thanks for pointing it out. Fixed the sale and sails...
What kind of all in cost are we talking about?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2445 posts
314 upvotes
Nepean
duren11 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 8:40 pm
What kind of all in cost are we talking about?
Way too many variables to consider. Where do you want to go, how many people, how many days, which ship etc...
Like anything you buy, there are many options.

Here is a sample booking for family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) Wester Caribbean 6 day on Freedom of the seas on Feb 25, 2017. $1867 with 50 OBC. Cheapest option for 6 day cruise.
Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 10.00.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 10.01.14 PM.png
Last edited by southnam on Aug 1st, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 28, 2011
63 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Always for family of 4 or less... We are 7 so we would need 2 staterooms. With that, no 50% on second guest and no free kids because we need to have 1 adult per stateroom... Crying Face

No way for us to go on a cruise without paying a couple of thousands...
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1046 posts
65 upvotes
We are family of five. Would kids sail free work for 3 kids in one stateroom do understand you have to call in.

Myrandor wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 9:03 pm
Always for family of 4 or less... We are 7 so we would need 2 staterooms. With that, no 50% on second guest and no free kids because we need to have 1 adult per stateroom... Crying Face

[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2445 posts
314 upvotes
Nepean
runeash wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 9:07 pm
We are family of five. Would kids sail free work for 3 kids in one stateroom do understand you have to call in.
Yes, but you have to call in because they won't let you book with 5 on the website. I have 3 kids too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2445 posts
314 upvotes
Nepean
Myrandor wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 9:03 pm

so you have 2 adults and 5 kids?
Dec 6, 2002
892 posts
45 upvotes
remember kids pay full taxes and also full tips for them . i think the link OP posted has artifically inflated pricing, beacuse on the exact sailing that i was quoted on the site for $2100 CAD, I was able to get it for $1500 usd (which is about $1800 cad) with popular cruise online site, AND they didn't have 50% off on the second guest , just kids free.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2445 posts
314 upvotes
Nepean
Tips / gratuities are extra $13.50 a person a day. That's USD unfortunately.
As previous poster mentioned, you may find it cheaper to book from a US online retailer who charges in USD. Technically they are not allowed to undersell RCCL in price from what I have been told. But they can offer incentives that RCCL won't offer. If you search online or go through things like cruise compete you will find that you can get some good deals from US companies that CDN companies may not be able to beat. With our low exchange rate it may make sense to go with a large US cruise wholesaler company.
This was discussed in other thread. If I can find it, I will post the link. I personally like to have a travel agent working for me that doesn't treat me like just a number. But we are all comfortable with different things.
When the CDN money was better a few years back, it was much better to book with Canadian company.
Sep 2, 2014
671 posts
143 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
a question about kids' age -- if a kid was born in Nov 2005, can he/she be entitled for Kids Sail Free for a cruiser in Dec 2017?
Mar 19, 2009
131 posts
12 upvotes
Gormley
runeash wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 9:07 pm
Trying contacting a travel agent. We're also a family of 5 and a travel agent was able to get us an oceanview balcony the last time they had the 60% off second guest and kids sail free
FS: Men's Medium CG Chilliwack Bomber - $250 FIRM
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2041 posts
578 upvotes
London
Perfect timing! We (extended fam) are quickly deciding on a cruise for Dec/Jan and we all have small kids.

Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)