Expired Hot Deals

[Royal Caribbean] Cruise Sale. 50% off Second Guest and Kids Sail Free.

Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
2473 posts
414 upvotes
bunnybuster78 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 6:49 pm
Have you done baltic cruise? If yes, which one you prefer?
Nope not yet and not too sure if I would do a cruise, as there's an amazing train ride from Oslo to Bergen that my wife did before and said it was a must do again. Cruises may miss that, unless you find a cruise that departs from Norway or connect from there.

Check it out: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/norway/tra ... 79d2773ae1
Dec 13, 2006
96 posts
141 upvotes
Is this still a good deal for people without kids?
Dec 21, 2005
477 posts
5 upvotes
I'm about to book a cruise through the official website (royalcaribbean.com).
Is there any benefit of booking through other channel/agent etc? I'd be happy use your referral if you can provide some incentives :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9673 posts
3994 upvotes
Southern Ontario
guy312 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 12:07 am
I'm about to book a cruise through the official website (royalcaribbean.com).
Is there any benefit of booking through other channel/agent etc? I'd be happy use your referral if you can provide some incentives :)
1. You can book through CruiseCompete and wait for replies from U.S. TA's to see who will give you the best on-board credits which can go towards gratuities or whatever you like on the ship, knowing that your cruise price is subject to USD exchange, and your credit card's processing fee for conversion. These OBC's are not usually matched by Royal.

2. Or, you can try to find a Canadian agent who may match the above OBC, however, usually they cannot. That said, your price won't change as you are quoted in CDN dollars and you pay it off with no extra CC exchange fee (those who fair the worst pay the balance off when the CDN dollar is low, which would not happen with this option).

3. A third option is to go through a Costco agent and receive a gift card.

Note the cost of the cruise does not change at the time of booking, it is consistent whoever you go with. It's just a matter of having to pay in US or CDN, the rewards and conversion/fee as described above. Whichever puts you ahead is ymmv.
Oct 17, 2003
266 posts
11 upvotes
Etobicoke
AncasterRFD wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 12:26 am
1. You can book through CruiseCompete and wait for replies from U.S. TA's to see who will give you the best on-board credits which can go towards gratuities or whatever you like on the ship, knowing that your cruise price is subject to USD exchange, and your credit card's processing fee for conversion. These OBC's are not usually matched by Royal.

2. Or, you can try to find a Canadian agent who may match the above OBC, however, usually they cannot. That said, your price won't change as you are quoted in CDN dollars and you pay it off with no extra CC exchange fee (those who fair the worst pay the balance off when the CDN dollar is low, which would not happen with this option).

3. A third option is to go through a Costco agent and receive a gift card.

Note the cost of the cruise does not change at the time of booking, it is consistent whoever you go with. It's just a matter of having to pay in US or CDN, the rewards and conversion/fee as described above. Whichever puts you ahead is ymmv.
Last time we booked went thru air Canada vacation as they offered flights 2 for 1. For upcoming cruise we used cruisecompete.

I have to book flights independently, any tips on booking flights?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2462 posts
330 upvotes
Nepean
Air Canada promo

Air Canada vacations seems to have some deals. From what I can tell they have a particular special of bogo special on flights for San Juan cruises with Royal Caribbean. Book by August 31 for sailings after September 1.
They have all the regular kids sail free and 50% off 2 and 25% off 3,4th passengers. But what I think makes this good is that the site says free gratuities which is a savings of $13.50 USD a person per day. Unfortunately the site won't let you try to book but you have to call in to get more details. Also they have some free obc depending on your cruise.
I am already booked with another company but if the free gratuities are validfor my cruise then this deal is better. I'm posting from my mobile so maybe there are details I don't see.

Fine print
Terms and conditions: Only applicable to non-discounted fares. New bookings only. Subject to change without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion aside from our free round-trip to San Juan and free prepaid gratuities promotions. Subject to availability at time of booking. Not applicable to group bookings. Offers expire at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date indicated.

BOGO offer excludes China departures. Offer includes 50% off cruise fare for the second guest, who must be booked in the same stateroom as the first guest paying a full fare. Offer also includes 25% cruise fare savings for third and fourth guests booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualifying guests. All other charges, including, but not limited to, taxes, fees and port expenses, are additional and apply to all guests.

1Up to two children 12 and under sharing a triple or quad stateroom with up to two paying adults sail free. Valid on minimum 4-night cruises for Europe, Bahamas and the Caribbean sailings departing between September 1, 2017 and May 15, 2018. Holiday sailings departing between November 17 and 27, 2017, between December 17, 2017 and January 8, 2018, between February 15 and 20, 2018, and between March 10 and April 1, 2018 are excluded from this offer.

2Guests selecting a non-refundable deposit booking fare code (NRDB) that are booked six months or more prior to the cruise departure date are eligible to receive a per stateroom on-board credit in the following amounts, in US dollars: $25 for interior and ocean view staterooms or $50 for balcony staterooms and suites, for sailings of 5 nights or less; $50 for interior and ocean view staterooms or $100 for balcony staterooms and suites, for sailings of 6 nights or more. No cash value, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise.

Edit:
Found more information now that I'm on a computer.
The free gratuities is only until the end of the year. Most likely some blackout dates.
Free Gratuities Link
Last edited by southnam on Aug 14th, 2017 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 27, 2015
38 posts
6 upvotes
Sherwood Park
We were looking at booking Oasis of the Seas, but then saw the kids club age groups would split the kids (5 and 7). The younger one will want to be with his older brother, and the older one won't want to be in a little kids room. 5.75 years at time of sailing. Rep on the phone said their official stance is no, but the people on the boat can do it if they want to.

Anyone have much luck with Royal to have siblings move up one level in the kids club?
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1238 posts
99 upvotes
Canuck38 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 8:45 am
We were looking at booking Oasis of the Seas, but then saw the kids club age groups would split the kids (5 and 7). The younger one will want to be with his older brother, and the older one won't want to be in a little kids room. 5.75 years at time of sailing. Rep on the phone said their official stance is no, but the people on the boat can do it if they want to.

Anyone have much luck with Royal to have siblings move up one level in the kids club?
While our kids didn't spend much time in the kids club (they preferred being in the pool all day), the little time they did spend they spent together even though they should have been segregated by age - so the older one went with the younger one to his club and then they both went to the older kids club. Wasn't a problem onboard.
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2462 posts
330 upvotes
Nepean
Canuck38 wrote:

Yes it is definitely up to the ship. It depends on how many kids there are on the ship and how full the programs are. Another thing they will consider is that the older kids program may be to independent and "rough" for your youngest. They play lots of games. But seeing as your kid is almost 6, if they seem to be open to it if there is space based on tons of other threads I've read. It's a big YMMV. They have the stated ruled. As long as you realize it may not work as you expect then I think you'll still have a great time. Just so you know, my 5 year old had no issue with the kids club. They loved it after they went the first day
Jun 13, 2017
13 posts
15 upvotes
Canuck38 wrote:

My kids were 4 and 8 when we went on Allure of the Seas. They were split up as per the ships policy (we tried to keep them together but no go ) however the people who worked there were very good and made our little one super comfortable. And after 1 hr she was able to play with the kids her age without wanting to be with her older sister. They put on shows and did parades. By second day both kids wanted to go back everyday. It may be different results for you but in my experience it worked out for us.
May 4, 2006
229 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't even realize there was a thread here until I booked my cruise for January. This is an awesome deal! All together for 2x adult + 1x child (5) was under 2k. I prepaid the gratuities and it was somewhere under the 2200 mark. 6 night western caribbean trip and my friend joined in as well. This is a great deal that I'd be looking out for every year.
[Ebay] 593-0-0
[Heatware] 1-0-0
Oct 25, 2007
529 posts
57 upvotes
Mississauga
southnam wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 8:23 am
Air Canada promo

Air Canada vacations seems to have some deals. From what I can tell they have a particular special of bogo special on flights for San Juan cruises with Royal Caribbean. Book by August 31 for sailings after September 1.
They have all the regular kids sail free and 50% off 2 and 25% off 3,4th passengers. But what I think makes this good is that the site says free gratuities which is a savings of $13.50 USD a person per day. Unfortunately the site won't let you try to book but you have to call in to get more details. Also they have some free obc depending on your cruise.
I am already booked with another company but if the free gratuities are validfor my cruise then this deal is better. I'm posting from my mobile so maybe there are details I don't see.
Seems to be good deal, but there is only southern Caribbean itenary available from San Juan (purto rico) where as I booked western Caribbean from ft.laudiale.
Also, smaller/older ships seems to be running from San Juan where the bigger (allre, harmony) are departing from florida..
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1139 posts
309 upvotes
London Area
southnam wrote:
Air Canada promo

I've never booked through them. I assume they'll bundle a flight with every package? Or can you book the cruise through them and drive down (or use points through another carrier to fly, etc)?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
3754 posts
512 upvotes
Regina
southnam wrote:
Air Canada promo

Fine print
Terms and conditions: Only applicable to non-discounted fares. New bookings only. Subject to change without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion aside from our free round-trip to San Juan and free prepaid gratuities promotions. Subject to availability at time of booking. Not applicable to group bookings. Offers expire at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date indicated.

BOGO offer excludes China departures. Offer includes 50% off cruise fare for the second guest, who must be booked in the same stateroom as the first guest paying a full fare. Offer also includes 25% cruise fare savings for third and fourth guests booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualifying guests. All other charges, including, but not limited to, taxes, fees and port expenses, are additional and apply to all guests.

1Up to two children 12 and under sharing a triple or quad stateroom with up to two paying adults sail free. Valid on minimum 4-night cruises for Europe, Bahamas and the Caribbean sailings departing between September 1, 2017 and May 15, 2018. Holiday sailings departing between November 17 and 27, 2017, between December 17, 2017 and January 8, 2018, between February 15 and 20, 2018, and between March 10 and April 1, 2018 are excluded from this offer.

2Guests selecting a non-refundable deposit booking fare code (NRDB) that are booked six months or more prior to the cruise departure date are eligible to receive a per stateroom on-board credit in the following amounts, in US dollars: $25 for interior and ocean view staterooms or $50 for balcony staterooms and suites, for sailings of 5 nights or less; $50 for interior and ocean view staterooms or $100 for balcony staterooms and suites, for sailings of 6 nights or more. No cash value, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise.
this makes things more interesting to book, we went out of San juan 2 years ago through carnival and it was an awesome cruise
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2462 posts
330 upvotes
Nepean
hordosr wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 5:47 pm
this makes things more interesting to book, we went out of San juan 2 years ago through carnival and it was an awesome cruise
I was trying compare prices with my other cruise. Their website is messed up. It doesn't seem to take into account any of the promos such as kids sale free when pricing it out. You may have to call in to Air Canada Vacations.
If you can get kids sale free, bogo flights and free gratuities that is one awesome sale.