[OP]
Oct 2, 2007
36 posts
3 upvotes

Royal Caribbean Friends and Family Sale

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Royal Caribbean
Royal Caribbean is having a Friends and Family Sale now. 7 night cruises starting from $399. Not as good as their BOGO 50% and Kids sail free event. But it could be good for couples for certain cruise dates.
18 replies
May 3, 2008
925 posts
282 upvotes
Perth
Looks like they are trying keep some cash flowing after all the Caribbean Islands have been decimated by this year's hurricane season.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1349 posts
416 upvotes
For those of us who booked the Royal Carribean cruise with the "kids sail free" promo for the Caribbean cruise, does anyone if RCI is offering any compensation or changes to the itenary?
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
Aug 2, 2015
126 posts
41 upvotes
what is included? is it all inclusive? Or is food etc included?
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2453 posts
476 upvotes
North York
My girlfriend just got back from RC's Alaskan cruise. She has sailed with Princess 5-6 times and said RC experience was awful. Food was awful, restaurant and activity selections were poor, and overall it wasn't a great experience.
Feb 11, 2007
208 posts
16 upvotes
kennyt18 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 1:50 pm
For those of us who booked the Royal Carribean cruise with the "kids sail free" promo for the Caribbean cruise, does anyone if RCI is offering any compensation or changes to the itenary?
They are updating here: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/ ... ry-updates

I'm sure you would be notified as well by your travel agent if something was changing.
Feb 11, 2007
208 posts
16 upvotes
PeterG684243 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 2:25 pm
what is included? is it all inclusive? Or is food etc included?
Food is included. There are lots of upgraded dining options as well if you wanted to but you certainly don't need to.
Water, coffee, tea and some flavoured water is typically free.
Entertainment is included (shows, pools, climbing wall, sports, running track, gym, mini golf, some classes etc etc etc.) Check the specific boat you are looking at for details.
Children's programs (drop off) are included

Extra Fees:
Soft drinks and alcohol are extra.
Gratuities are not included in your price. They tack it onto your stateroom bill or you can prepay that separately when you check in.
Excursions on shore are extra
Spa treatments are extra
Some gym classes are extra
Some on board amenities or classes or tours are extra
Infant programs (under 3) and drop off are extra
Flights, shuttles to port are extra
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3154 posts
363 upvotes
kennyt18 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 1:50 pm
Depending on when you will be sailing they will be doing change of itenary but haven't said what yet and no compensation offered.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
6964 posts
1031 upvotes
nothing beat some good publicity - good for them. I've personally only been on two cruises, once in Mediterranean, and once in Caribbeans... both on RC's largest ships... I have nothing to compare to, but my experience has been positive - I don't have high standards, but do have some standards and expectations... my expectations were well met by their service, free food selection, and activities. I do have one thing I hated - wifi service, super slow and expensive. Many friends and colleagues, mature couples and families with small kids, have been on RC cruises and has been satisfied and happy with them.
Ottomaddox wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 7:24 pm
The next time I go on a cruise, RC will be one of the top contenders because they stepped up when they were needed.
Jun 19, 2011
13 posts
3 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote:
The next time I go on a cruise, RC will be one of the top contenders because they stepped up when they were needed.
Definitely agree with you... also I have to say i've cruised with many other competitors and they seem to be most consistent in terms of service. Great job RCL
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9673 posts
3994 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Friends going in January just got notified their itineraries are being changed.

We were Di$ney before, went earlier in the year on our first RC and was a blast, converted, going RC next March.
Dec 28, 2015
411 posts
118 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Ottomaddox wrote:
All the cruiselines did...they just didn't use it for marketing like royal carribean

Very poor taste for royal Caribbean to use tragedy for marketing. Glad the other cruiselines like carnival and NCL who also helped didn't use it to advertise
Jul 29, 2008
738 posts
47 upvotes
Cjohnson202 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 2:30 pm
My girlfriend just got back from RC's Alaskan cruise. She has sailed with Princess 5-6 times and said RC experience was awful. Food was awful, restaurant and activity selections were poor, and overall it wasn't a great experience.
exactly this -you couldn't pay me to go on RC EVER again -I was on there 4 days -food was terrible, service was worse -there was urine on the blankets in my stateroom and they actually Laughed ABOUT IT- It was absolutely disgusting ...This after being on Princess 6 times and loving it - and btw when I tried to talk to customer service when I got back they refused to let me speak to a manager saying they were busy with "admin work" -one called me 2 days later not an apology to be had and I had pictures of the blankets-he offered me a 300 dollar credit ..Needless to say, I said no thanks. So buyer beware on your bargain basement cruise,