36 upvotes

40% off Royal Ontario Museum Membership

Savings:
40% off
Expiry:
October 31, 2017
Retailer:
Royal Ontario Museum
I got an email from Royal Ontario Museum for membership.
Enter Promo Code FORTY
Individual Reg 112 Now 67
Family/Dual Reg 161 Now 97
Rom Social Reg 161 Now 97
Non Resident Reg 117 Now 70
Senior Family Reg 157 Now 94

I think this is a good deal for ROM fans.
32 replies
Aug 8, 2007
129 posts
21 upvotes
I may not have a full understanding of how this works but I believe membership may carry with it reciprocal visiting rights at other museums so this could be of broader interest than just to ROM fans including those planning museum vacations to places like say Chicago which can have high visitor access fees. Worth checking out but YMMV. Also consider if family membership is reciprocal or more limited. I started to research this for a vacation and started to look for the cheapest home museum to join but ended cancelling the trip so never followed through. My personal preference is Washington or London UK for museums as many are free to all with optional donations encouraged.
Jan 3, 2013
134 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 8:42 pm
I may not have a full understanding of how this works but I believe membership may carry with it reciprocal visiting rights at other museums so this could be of broader interest than just to ROM fans including those planning museum vacations to places like say Chicago which can have high visitor access fees. Worth checking out but YMMV. Also consider if family membership is reciprocal or more limited. I started to research this for a vacation and started to look for the cheapest home museum to join but ended cancelling the trip so never followed through. My personal preference is Washington or London UK for museums as many are free to all with optional donations encouraged.
Unfortunately, that is only offered with the Museum Circle level of membership or higher, which costs $381 for a family membership. Can't use the discount code on that one.

This deal is still very hot deal since you get access to the exhibitions.
Aug 10, 2011
137 posts
6 upvotes
EAST YORK
does this membership get you into friday night live events?
Oct 28, 2012
88 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
bakayaroh wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 11:37 pm
does this membership get you into friday night live events?
Any member will be able to purchase the Friday Social event tickets for $5.00. A regular ticket would cost $17.00.
Aug 10, 2011
137 posts
6 upvotes
EAST YORK
will 40% discount apply to 2 year memberships as well?
Aug 10, 2011
137 posts
6 upvotes
EAST YORK
sorry for another question I am signing up and cant see where to put the code

thanks
all

ahhhh never mind code only works with one year memberships
Last edited by bakayaroh on Oct 16th, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2199 posts
397 upvotes
Kingston
Is it just a political reason why museums like the ROM charge for entry yet world class museums in London and Washington are free? Ironically last time I was in the natural history museum in London there were Canadian exhibits on loan in the dinosaur hall.
Apr 9, 2010
309 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
JC69 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 11:54 pm
Is it just a political reason why museums like the ROM charge for entry yet world class museums in London and Washington are free? Ironically last time I was in the natural history museum in London there were Canadian exhibits on loan in the dinosaur hall.
Well it's possible that those museums get enough donations and money from the government to run for free while the ROM doesn't. The Louvre in France charges a fee and so does the Vatican museums, but you think they would have enough donations to be free too. =)
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2199 posts
397 upvotes
Kingston
silverele wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 12:13 am
Well it's possible that those museums get enough donations and money from the government to run for free while the ROM doesn't. The Louvre in France charges a fee and so does the Vatican museums, but you think they would have enough donations to be free too. =)
French museums (even the Louvre) used to have free entry once a month though (I'm not sure if they still do).
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
3862 posts
2436 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have a list of all the reciprocal museums?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1314 posts
84 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Other than reciprocal museums; do people get memberships just to go to the same museum over and over again? I mean, I love the ROM but never thought of going more than once a year.